PDA

View Full Version : Bad day...

wolfsoul
08-07-2003, 04:18 PM
I'm not having a very good day. Well, since the day before yesterday it hasn't been very good.

My stepmom and I went to my dad's (they aren't together anymore) and I watched them talk from the neighbor's house. Well, my dad owes Kristine (my stepmom) $2000. Apparently he doesn't "have any money." :rolleyes: Yet he just got the new web cam, the new van, the new pool, and the new trailer. Kristine says that she wants her money. It's been two years, and she hasn't bugged him about it. But now she needs it. She said that she would take the boat, and give him an extra couple grand because the boat is worth more than 2000. He told her that if she tries to take any of his money, or the boat, he's going to quit his job and all his assets and declare bankruptcy :mad: And I have to go shopping tomorrow with this @$$ who doesn't deserve HER money. He also told her that I said that she's abusing Leather!!! I NEVER ONCE said that! :mad:

And then, on top of that, my mom told me I can't have a cockatiel. After she told me I could...!! Not fair. There are tiels in the paper for 1/2 store price. Young ones. And I can't have one. I don't care, I'm saving my money anyways, and I'll tell her I have the money and I'm getting one.

:( :( :( :( :(

binka_nugget
08-07-2003, 07:31 PM
awww...that sucks Jordan. I'm wishing for the best for your stepmom. She sounds like a wonderful person from what you've told me. As for your dad....:mad: :mad: :mad: I hope the shopping session goes by fast for you.

Lol, buying an animal while your parent says no isn't a good thing to do...you know what happened to me. She told you that you could..and then couldn't...that's really unfair. Is there any reason why she said you can't have one?

wolfsoul
08-07-2003, 10:02 PM
She said I can't have one because apparently I have enough animals to keep me from doing anything I want. She says that because of the rats, I can't go out and do things. Which is true, I have to stay home with them, I can't be out all the time. Rats take alot of care, and need alot of time out of their cage. She says that's like having a child and I'm too young to have a child.

How are you supposed to argue with such a stupid statement as that?

Another animal will never make me stay home more. It doesn't make any difference, so I don't know why she has to be so damn unreasonable.

And I forgot to add another bad thing....One that has me really dissapointed....I can't go to Vancouver this month. :( :( :( I really wanted to go and meet you and Naomi. :( Sorry guys. I really wanted to go. We just don't have enough money. Oh gosh, here come the tears. I really want to go....:( :( :(

binka_nugget
08-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Aw...you take such good care of all your pets...I don't know why she thinks you can't handle another pet.

Bummer about you not being able to come...oh well, another time will come. Maybe if we're lucky, the collie rescue will call us soon..and we'll drive there...lol

wolfsoul
08-08-2003, 12:44 AM
I hope the collie rescue calls you...I'm starting to wonder if there really is one lol. I don't get it -- I've lived here all my life and have never heard of a collie rescue!! Aggh. Gimme their number, I'll call and yell at them for not calling you haha :p Cheaper for me :p

IttyBittyKitty
08-08-2003, 02:48 AM
Jordan,

If I were your stepmum, I'd CALL HIS BLUFF ... if he's stupid enough to make himself bankrupt, he'll have that on his record for the rest of his life and he will literally have to give away his stuff as bankrupt ppl are not allowed to own stuff!

AHAHAHAHAHA!

He SO won't do it!

moosmom
08-08-2003, 08:24 AM
Hey Jordan,

I understand your frustration and everything, but I gotta say that the whole issue of money is between them. You shouldn't get involved.

Why do I say this?? Well, first of all, my daughter Amy went to live with her Dad and stepmom when she was 5 years old. I paid child support till she was 18 years old. They made my life and my daughter's a living hell by not allowing her to spend extra time with me. It was the worst 13 years of my life. But not once did I ever say anything bad about either of them. I figured when my kid got old enough, she'd figure it out for herself, and she did!!

I hope Kristen gets the money. Your Dad is being very vindictive at your expense and yes, it is VERY unfair. Especially since he seems to be able to afford such luxuries as a boat, etc.

Has she thought of going through Child Support Enforcement??? They are great at nailing deadbeat Dads.

Hang in there, okay. Maybe Kristen will change her mind. If not, just remember that things happen for a reason.

((((hugs))))

emily_the_spoiled
08-08-2003, 11:27 AM
Jordan,

I know that things are difficult for you right now and your Father is not making things any easier.

First of all Donna is correct, you shouldn't get involved in this situation. It will only make you upset and angry.

If you step-mom is interested in getting the money she should talk with the Child Support Enforcement. In BC they are very willing to go after deadbeat dads (I have had friends try to collect so I know something of the process).

If the money he owes her is not for child support, then her best bet is try contact Legal Aid and put a lien against his property. This means that he can not sell anything without paying her off. If he were to declare bankruptcy (which would be really stupid on his part), then she would be considered a secured creditor. This means that she would be one of the first people in line to get the money (after the government and the banks).

Sorry things are so bad for you right now :( :( :(