PDA

View Full Version : Tibby is so strange!

Uabassoon
08-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Most nights sleeping takes some time because Tibby likes to paw at my face, usually she'll paw at me then I turn around. Then she walks on my head to the other side of the pillow and paws at my face and I turn around again... and this repeats itself.
Well last night I was only half asleep when Tibby jumped on the bed with my eyes half open I finally got to see her routine. First she "makes biscuits" on the pillow for a few minutes (lol no wonder all my pillow cases have little holes) then she puts her paw over my face and just lets it hover over me for around 30 seconds then paws at my face. Then after that she sticks her face right up to mine and stares at me for a little while. Then she picks her head back up and the paw hovers over my face again and the process repeats itself.

Is she just strange or is she trying to get me to play with her?

ramanth
08-07-2003, 03:26 PM
I certainly can't explain it but it's cute and unusual! :D

Randi
08-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Perhaps a little strange - but SO sweet! I think she wants to tell you how much she loves you. :)

When we go to sleep, Fister usually comes walking up and down between us a few times, until he finally settles down on my pillow. Then a little later, he jumps down, slurp some water and retires to under the bed. In the morning, he comes back up to give John some headbumpies - and me, if I lift my head. Then every time John turns around, he walks over to lay right in front of his head. So sweet! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-08-2003, 08:09 AM
What a great story - so cute!

SIGH - I wish my hubby would let Ally sleep in the bed with us, but I can't persuade him!

bisi.cat
08-08-2003, 08:16 AM
How lovely of Tibby to show you how much she loves you...this is so cute!!!:)

One of my friends has told me that her cat always sits close by the pillow, too...watching her every move and as soon as she (the owner) moves the eyelids- SMACK!!!
The cat thinks it's a funny game...ouch!!!;)

Have you ever watched two cats that like or love each other?! They often blink with their eyes, which surely means I love you!!!
I think it's some kind of calming signal?!

Barbara
08-08-2003, 08:25 AM
Filou knows a similar night game. It's the moment when he is convinced he has to express his love for me:) He walks all over me giving headbumpies. If I don't react he touches me with the paw in the face and tries to push his hard little head in my face -and he purrs like a Harley.

I first thought he wanted some food -but that isn't the case. It takes 15 minutes (and most of the time I try not to fully wake up when he does it), it's bothering -but it is so incredibly sweet too;)

catmandu
08-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Tibby , in her own way is trying to communicate with you! It means that she loves you , and wants to play!Sam kneads my shoulder for at least 20 minutes every night , without exception.He is into Massage!

Vio&Juni
08-08-2003, 09:50 AM
I think Tibby is just being super sweet :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-08-2003, 11:10 AM
That is so sweet! I too, think she's just trying to show you that she loves you. Awww......:D

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2003, 12:01 AM
This may be a little annoying but I think it's sweet. :) My RB Pepper used to knead my neck or chest before he'd settle down in bed. If I turned away from him he'd jump over my head to be face to face with me. It was so cute but quite annoying when he'd decide to do this at 3am. :eek: Sometimes Sunny will walk back and forth over my head before he decides to settle down and he'll paw at my face to try to wake me up. :)

IttyBittyKitty
08-09-2003, 06:11 AM
Definitely! Tibby's just being a cutie :)

My ex-housemate has a kitty, Maxi, who would sleep on his face. I know this myself, as I would occasionally wake up unable to breath as the kitty had covered my entire face! Naturally, if we were more awake, we'd shove him off, but if we were dead to the world, he might have more chance of getting away with the face cover.

So what would he do? He'd tap us on the face to see if we would wake up first :D

ScantyNebula
08-09-2003, 07:33 AM
LOL thats so sweet!! Extra treats for being extra cute, Tibby! :D:D

Kirsten
08-09-2003, 08:29 AM
My Katz did exactly the same thing when she got older... She sat next to my pillow, stared at me and pawed my face while making little sounds (like "rrr rrr"). Needless to say I never got much sleep at that time. It was as if she didn't want to feel alone during the night.

Kirsten