PDA

View Full Version : Ti Ti is moving to CT...on Saturday!

sasvermont
08-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Well, after much help from various Pet Talk persons, I do believe Ti has found his forever home.

Here is a photo of his new housemate kitten:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pa5f2a691aa105e69df18f56560af7221/fb7460a5.jpg

Unless something goes wrong between now and Saturday, I will be driving Ti to Connecticut, right outside of Hartford.

Thanks for all of your support with this seemingly, never-ending saga of Ti and Miley.

Miley has her flag already to hang out! She will be so happy when he leaves. Juni will miss him, as he is often her object of attack and her "boy-toy" of sorts. Miley will do in the pinch.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p2f07ef7c0f2cc6a7cd5e82e6afd29715/fb74609f.jpg
Here is a photo of one of his soon to be housemate/dogs.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/peec0c9964934c9ad578915a6376401ec/fb746094.jpg
And here is the puppy - another playmate for Ti.

I cannot wait to see how it all works out. I suspect he will be kept very busy, having a kitten and a puppy to play with....

L,
SAS

Barbara
08-07-2003, 11:16 AM
Sallyanne I am so glad I went to PT before leaving the office. I was wondering what was happening in the background.

Oh I hope so much, Ti found his place. I am sure you will miss him but it would also be such a relief.

Fingers crossed. And an extra-scritchie for the big bad boy:)

Randi
08-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Sas, it must be such a relief for you. :) I'm sure you have investigated a lot about Ti's new home. You probably have mixed feelings about this, but Miley will be SO happy and will get to be closer with Juni. :) - And you can get some well earned peace and quiet.

Kisses to Ti and hoping he'll get along with the new kitty there!

Also nosescritchies to Miley and Juni.

We expect a report on how he is settling in. ;) Best of luck!!

bisi.cat
08-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Sallyanne,
it is such a relief to read your lines (I read them again and again)...finally Ti will make it to a new home and I think this will be the right place for him, 'cause there will be a lot of rough play and chasing to amuse him and his new furry brothers and sisters look purrfect to me!!!

Now you will really have time to relax and enjoy life with Miley and Juni Rose, knowing that Ti is happy, too!!!

I do hope and pray that evrything works out fine and hopefully from now on we only hear giggles and laughter all the long way to over here...:D :D :D
Paws and fingers crossed!!!:D

I am so happy for all of you!!! These news just made my day!!!

Vermontcat
08-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Sas, I was waiting for you to make a big announcement about Ti's new home!:)
I am so happy that he has a new home with some new furry playmates to keep him busy.
Do you plan to keep in touch with his new owner for updates?
Do you think she will want to join Pet Talk and tell us about all of her pets?
I am so happy for you and for Ti, I hope everything goes smoothly with Ti's big move this weekend.:)

Cinder & Smoke
08-07-2003, 12:20 PM
W;)W, Ti ! :cool:

Two lil Dawggiez anna KittyKat...

They otta keep ya busy!

Now MIND yer Mannerz, Bub!! :p

Play yer kardz rite; an this will be yur Furever :) Howze!!

Play NICE...
*PURrrrr* often...
an *pee* inna box! :rolleyes:

Gud Luck, Ti ~ Wish ya da BEST!
Stay in touch, K?

ramanth
08-07-2003, 12:29 PM
I just breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw the title of the thread. :)

It looks like Ti will have lots of fun in his new home. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-07-2003, 12:37 PM
Oh, Ti, I am so glad you found your forever home. Play nice with the kitty. The dogs look like they won't take much gruff from you so watch your manners there. It would be nice if your new guardians could come to PT and let us know how you are doing from time to time. I send lots of love with you sweetie and the cat boys send lots of headbumpies and best wishes and say to remind you to pack your favorite mousie.:D

Logan
08-07-2003, 01:21 PM
What wonderful news for all of you, Sallyanne! I do hope Ti will be happy in his new home. He will certainly be busy!! LOL!!!!

We love you, Ti. And we will miss you, even if this is the best thing for everyone!!!

Juni and Miley, your job is to keep your mama smiling. I know that even if this is a good thing, she wishes it could have been different. Keep on loving her!!! :D

Logan

catland
08-07-2003, 01:58 PM
I hope everything works out for Ti-Ti - it sounds like he will have some wonderful playmates.

I'm sure that Miley will be very relieved.

AmberLee
08-07-2003, 02:07 PM
Great news! So glad for you all.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-07-2003, 02:09 PM
I've been wondering how the search for a home was going, but I figured you might be busy with that and that's why we had no updates - and I was right! Congratulations to Ti Ti! It definitely looks like he'll be quite busy. Two :eek: doggies and a kitty to keep him busy. He'll be so tuckered out he won't even thing of attacking anybody. :)

I'm so happy things are working out and Camp Vermont will once again be the peaceful happy place we've come to know. :)

Please give Ti extra hugs from me as you send him off to his new home. :)

And then....once he's gone....we definitely need updated pics of that Miley girl and the sweet little Juni. :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-07-2003, 02:25 PM
So glad that all your effort has paid off and Ti has found a great new home with some playmates to keep him occupied!

jenluckenbach
08-07-2003, 02:36 PM
I am so happy for Ti. And so relieved for you and Miley.

I will say a few (heck a whole LOT of) prayers that he settles in and becomes the perfect cat for this family.

PayItForward
08-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Great news about the new home for Ti.

So he has no worries about the Winter collecting on your porch ? ;)

Will his owners join PT ? I'd love to hear how he settles in.

And snuggles to Millie girl & Juni Rose, we'll heard the celebration party in England on Saturday night. :D

Uabassoon
08-07-2003, 03:10 PM
This is great news! I'm so happy to hear Ti found a new home with lots of other pets for him to play with. That kitten looks just like Tibby did when I first brought her home :)

sasvermont
08-07-2003, 03:19 PM
I have been emailing back and forth with Beth, the new owner of Ti. Keep your fingers and paws crossed. Beth said that her 17 y.o. Siamese was like Ti, and she misses him. Ti acts much like a dog, actually.

Anyway, I will meet Beth on Saturday, deliver the bad boy to his new abode and give him the hugs goodbye that he will need. We were going to meet on the road and "exchange him" enroute, but I decided to take him out of his cage at his new home and allow him the comfort of knowing that I will be there for a short time. I am planning on staying for lunch and then returning, so about an hour or so with Ti and his new family.

So, it looks as though there may be a happy ending to this story. I think Ti will be out numbered and will HAVE to be good. His new kitten buddy will be good for him and he'll have a puppy to chew on as well. ..... and vise versa....

I will encourage Beth to join pet talk and maybe we can hear how he is doing each day. My guess is that he will be fine. He isn't a monster, just not well socialized.

Sasl;)

NoahsMommy
08-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Gosh, that is WONDERFUL news SAS!!! I'm so happy that you found a home for Ti. :)

It really sounds like he'll enjoy a puppy and a kitty to play with. I'd LOVE to see pictures of that! ;)

Kater
08-07-2003, 03:40 PM
Great news for handsome Ti! :)
Wonderful news for Miss Miley! :D
And a perfect ending for SAS! ;)

Cincy'sMom
08-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Great news for you, Miley and Ti, SAS!!!

I hope he does well in his new home and that Beth will join PT...We all will want to know how Ti is doing and see more pictures of his adorable new fur-family :)

Pam
08-07-2003, 03:50 PM
There's not much for me to add to this great post. I am just smiling and smiling. Sallyanne I am sure these people will be perfect for Ti as I know you were very careful where you placed him. His new home will be much like mine with 2 cats and 2 dogs, which I think is a very nice combination. :) It really would be a lot of fun if Ti's new humans could become Pet Talkers. I'd like to meet all of the other furkids too. They all look so cute. Congratulations on all of the hard work! It looks like it's paying off wonderfully! :)

carole
08-07-2003, 06:07 PM
I sure hope it all works out, GOOD LUCK:)

Karen
08-07-2003, 06:40 PM
Yay! Yay! Yay! Ti Ti and that little black puppy can teach each other manners - with that terrier to supervise!

BastetsMum
08-07-2003, 06:46 PM
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Excellent news Sas!

Steffi N
08-07-2003, 07:05 PM
WOW, what great news. It looks like an ideal situation for Ti, with three new buddies to chase, romp and play-fight with. I hope he will be happy and content in his new home. Please let us know if you will be able to keep in touch with his new owners. Of course, if they could join Pet Talk, that would be purrfect. You have worked very hard to find Ti a good new home. Now relax and enjoy good times with Miley and Junie Rose.

anna_66
08-07-2003, 07:23 PM
I do hope this works out for Ti & for you. I'm sure you'd like to have peace in your house for once:)

Edwina's Secretary
08-07-2003, 07:30 PM
Be happy TiTi....I know Miley will be!

rg_girlca
08-07-2003, 08:12 PM
Oh this is such great news and i'm so glad that you decided to stay with him for a bit in his new home. I know this is going to be hard on you.
Prayers are on the way that his new owner will have patience and understanding and that Ti will enjoy his new home.

shais_mom
08-08-2003, 12:08 AM
YEAAA
I was thinking he needed to go to a house with a dog or 2!!!!
I will keep the big boy in my thoughts and prayers!

krazyaboutkatz
08-08-2003, 12:26 AM
This is great news. :D I'm so glad that you found such a great new home for Ti. I also hope that his new owner will decide to join Pet Talk so that we'll be able to see Ti's progress in his new home. :)

Vio&Juni
08-08-2003, 02:43 AM
Sas, give Ti Ti a kiss on his "dirty" nose from me! I hope to hear about from his new human.

HayleyRosie
08-08-2003, 06:04 AM
That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you, Ti and Miley.

Rachel
08-08-2003, 07:01 AM
SAS, this is the best news. A good home for Ti and a peaceful, safe and secure homelife forever and ever for Miley. And you will no longer have a house divided. Juni and Miley can enjoy each other and you and you them without the threat of an inadvertant escape from Ti's allotted space.

SAS, I know you gave Beth a very candid description of the episodes that have taken place with Ti and Miley. You are a conscientious person who has taken much effort to place Ti in an environment where he will have a chance to live out his life. As life with other cats put Gabe into a different frame of mind, life with that little terrier might be just what it takes to convince Ti that he is no longer King of the Jungle.

My sincere best wishes to him and his new family. I do hope we can hear the *uppydates* from his new mom.

Hey, Miley Girl, we're going to hear lots of heart warming stories about you as you explore and discover the Ti-less Camp Vermont.

sasvermont
08-08-2003, 07:19 AM
A bengal breeder just emailed me saying that it is illegal in CT, to import Bengal cats! Yikes. I will ask Beth, Ti's soon to be Mommie, to call her Vet and talk this over, since it would be the Vet to blow the whistle. I suppose if Beth is ok with this, I will go through with it.

SAS

HayleyRosie
08-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Wow! I would never have thought to even look into something like that. I hope everything goes okay.

Vermontcat
08-08-2003, 07:37 AM
Sas, I hope you can work something out. I did a search and came up with this info, I had no idea that Bengals were not allowed in CT.

"The cats are illegal in Georgia, and visiting ones must depart within 24 hours-leaving Bengal breeders who exhibit at weekend-long cat shows there to cross state lines for accommodations. As part of legislation to curb wild-animal hybrids, Connecticut prohibited importation of Bengals in 1996, though some were "grandfathered" in."

I found that quote at Newsday.com

Also check your PM's, I sent you one last night.

sasvermont
08-08-2003, 10:01 AM
Well, I am not going to get all worked into a lather about this. Ti is neutered and up to date on his shots. He is such a cute Tabby cat, isn't he?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p2e4090c10a881c3025b2e1ce7ce99094/fc6b917c.jpg

I will keep you all posted as to how this turns out.

This is a quote from Beth, Ti's new mommie. I asked her to call her vet about Ti.

"dr smith says if it is not a bengal tiger from a zoo or something he is happy to vet him".

The End

Logan
08-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Paws, fingers and claws (bird claws, of course) are crossed and hoping that everything will be ok, Sallyanne. My gosh, he is just so gorgeous. :)

Cinder & Smoke
08-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Well, I am not going to get all worked into a lather about this.

He is such a cute Tabby cat, isn't he?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p2e4090c10a881c3025b2e1ce7ce99094/fc6b917c.jpg

BENGAL Kat!!??
Whut "Bengal Kat"?? WHERE!? :confused:

Oh, HIM?
Lil Ti??
He's jest my lil Foster Tabby! :D

Do they *do* DNA on Kats? :eek:

If the New Vet isn't going to *blow the whistle* and
make a Federal Case out of this...
Looks like a TABBY to me!

:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-08-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

Especially if "they" knew he was basically a rescue, and wasn't purchased right from the breeder, and can't be bred himself, how could they have a problem with him? He's just a beautiful hunka kitty in my eyes. :)

gini
08-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Dear Ti, how I hope you are going to be happy in your new home. I think you will like having your very own kitten to take care of.

The dogs probably won't take much of your nonsense, so be sure to pack your good manners and take them with you.

I wish you a long and love filled life, sweet Ti.

Cinder & Smoke
08-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

In case this question of Ti's breed could turn into a serious issue...
a suggestion:

Send ALL his paperwork to New Mom;
but have her only show the "Medical Records" to New Vet...
(with NO copies being made or retained by New Vet.)

And ask him to list Mr Ti Ti as possibly a "mixed Tabby" on the New Vet records.

If New Mom keeps all his Old Records in the privacy of her home -
no one will ever see any written record of what his breed might be.

;)

Barbara
08-08-2003, 11:51 AM
Sounds good. Isn't he that feral tabby you just rescued?
And his name is simply Ti, not Sungod's Titanic Tiberius:D

All paws crossed. As long as he cannot breed -there is no harm in it.

sasvermont
08-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Ti does have papers and they are all screwed up, saying that he is an unspayed female. Since Beth is not going to be entering him into any shows and he is neutered, he will be a house cat and live a long and happy life.

I have emailed the original breeder, asking her for more information of his "F status".... aka how far back in his line, the wild cat entered the gene pool. I am not too worried about that, but it may clear up any status problem, since I doubt if he is even close to the foundation cats...... I think once they reach a certain level of removal from the foundation, they become domesticated Bengal kitties.

The kitten that Ti will be playing with is half Bengal. And I think Ti may be a half-witted cat, so doesn't that make just one Bengal? Two halves make a whole? :)

I trust that this issue with Bengal cats in CT is a breeders issue for the most part and that once a cat is neutered or spayed the issue is moot. I could be wrong. I just don't feel as though Ti fits the bill since he is such a domesticated soul.

I will keep you posted. I intend to go through with this. I have done worse things in my life time.... and wild horses would not drag that information out of me..... This seems tame compared to lots of CRIMES!
:rolleyes:

Prairie Purrs
08-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Denver doesn't allow Bengals, and there was some hoopla awhile back when a fellow who wasn't aware of the restriction tried to license his Bengal, Clyde, with the city. He made the mistake of listing Clyde as a Bengal rather than as a tabby on the registration form, and the city told him that Clyde would have to leave town.

All worked out for the best, though--the newspapers and TV stations did stories featuring Clyde, who was a big sleepy lap cat, and city authorities finally agreed that Clyde was hardly a danger to the public and could stay.

08-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Good luck to you Ti!! Let us knowhow you like your new home, okay:) ?!

Vermontcat
08-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Sas, I don't know if this will help but there is a Bengal breeder listed in CT.
http://bengalcats1.com/
They have been breeding since before the CT law changed, maybe you want to contact them to see what they know about the law.
I would think a breeder with litters of kittens would be more affected by the state law than someone with one neutered male cat.
Also since the kitten Beth owns is considered a half-Bengal and is ok maybe Ti is just a half-Bengal too.:)

ChrisH
08-08-2003, 03:38 PM
SAS, I am so glad you have found a home that you are happy with for Ti. I hope all goes well tommorow and he settles well into his new home. Good luck.

Ti, kisses and big hugs beautiful boy, be happy.

slick
08-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Bye Ti Ti!! I know that you will be very happy in you new furrever home. Maybe you could talk your new Meowmie into registering for PT so we can be kept up to date??

sasvermont
08-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Boy oh boy, am I feeling guilty. I know I will go through with it, but if there was any way to back out, and not have half the world angry at me, I would. I just feel so darn awful moving the poor cat to another home. I know, he's just a cat. But he is my boy and I feel so guilty about not wanting him around here anymore.

I will do my share of crying tonight, that is for sure. I should print out a picture of Miley with the tubing hanging off her rear end, and that will be reminder enough, don't you think.

I know I am doing the right thing, and it's breaking my heart.

Ti's new Mom will have to join Pet Talk, that's all there is to it.

I am getting up bright and early tomorrow and have already prepared Ti's belongings and carrier. It will be a sad, but good day. I will let you guys know what happened when I return. I don't think I am going to take a camera, that way Beth, Ti's new mom, will have to join Pet Talk to let us all know how he's doing.

Later folks,

Sadly,

SAS

Pam
08-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Oh Sallyanne I know Robyn will be able to understand your thoughts tonight so completely. I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this. Life can be so hard!

I really do think that you should draw up a document that Ti's new mom must sign before taking possession of this very special boy. It could read sort of as follows......"I the undersigned will promptly join Pet Talk and promise to post at least weekly messages, complete with pictures."

(((hugs))) to you Sallyanne. You have already cried a bucketful of tears over your losses of Grammy and Gabe and this situation with Miley and Ti. I think once you get past this you might be able to finally put that Kleenex box way high up on a shelf somewhere.

slick
08-08-2003, 07:22 PM
I know it's going to be hard SAS but really, you are doing the right thing. Everybody will be happier once this move is done and over with. You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. As I said before, you did your best and if it were me, I would have given up a long time ago. You are a wonderful purrrrson SAS and I know that you and Ti love each other very much. As the saying goes, if you love something let it go. Once Ti gets settled into his new home I do hope that Beth will keep us updated.

Hugs to you and kisses to Ti. Travel safely.

luv

Steffi N
08-08-2003, 07:54 PM
((Hugs)) for you, Sallyanne.
Yes, I know you love Ti and it is painful to give him up. A happy, relaxed, and healthy Miley will be your reward. And so will knowing you have found Ti a good home and that the rest of his life will be happy. So cuddle up with Miley and Juni Rose tonight and give Ti some special cuddles tomorrow morning. I believe everything will turn out for the best.

nodgeness
08-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Sas,
One thing you never have to say in here is "I know, he's just a cat. But he is my boy and I feel so guilty about not wanting him around here anymore. "
Here @ pet talk we all know our cats are more then just cats. I wish you well on your journey tomorrow. Everything will work out & hats off to you for finding Ti a good home! I also agree that you should have his new mom sign up for pet talk. Have a safe drive!

sasvermont
08-08-2003, 08:38 PM
I just got an email from Beth, with her sweet comments about Ti and how difficult it will be for me.

He will be fine, and I know that. Beth is expecting to have a go of the difficult times with the dogs, but we all know that often dogs and cats get along better than cats and cats!

So, off to bed with me. I will let Ti into the bedroom tonight, if he wants, and keep Miley in the computer room.

Off to CT with us, in the AM!

Bye, goodnight and thanks so much for your support on this mess!

Nite nite! Tomorrow is a new day....and Miley will be SO happy.

L,
SAS:D

Vermontcat
08-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Sas, I hope you check your PM's before you leave in the morning.
Good luck tomorrow and I hope to hear from you when you get back.:)

Logan
08-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Sweet friend, I know tomorrow will be one of those bittersweet days for you. Something tells me that when you meet Beth and get a real good look at her, things will be ok and you will feel better.

Sallyanne, you have done everything possible to make this work. As much as I would have hated it, I would have rehomed Butter if his temper had been directed at anyone but me (especially Mimi and Helen). Thankfully, I was the only one he went off on, at least until Scott came around :o . And some people really thought I was foolish to consider keeping him when I did, but it was ok here. Your situation was NOT ok. You're doing the right thing. I think you know that, but it still hurts to let him go. If it didn't you wouldn't be the person we all know you to be! You know both sides of this thing, yours and Beth's after going through this with Robyn and Pam with Gabe last year.

Travel safely and give Ti a sweet kiss on his head for me, please. He's a "soulmate" of my Butter and I love him for it.

And tomorrow when you get home, pour yourself a celebratory glass of wine or open one of those "witches brews" I was so curious about and prop up your feet and love on your little girls. You will deserve it!

We love you and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Barbara
08-09-2003, 04:11 AM
Right here, Filou is running like mad behind the bookshelves, meowing and hissing at Tigris who looks as if he can't understand a word.

This is friendly. But if ever one of my boys had acted in the way like Ti with Miley I would have known that I cannot keep both. It was impossible to keep Miley in constant panic of her life -and that was what she felt.

Me too, I am so sorry for Ti because I have seen him with Juni and on your computer and I know what a friendly boy he can be. And he has a place in your heart.

But under the existing circumstances you are doing the right thing. I send all my best thoughts for the situation this morning and I hope that when you see Ti's first steps in his new home, you get a feeling that he will be purrfectly ok.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} for all of you.

IttyBittyKitty
08-09-2003, 05:58 AM
It's sad that it came to this, but thank God it has a happy ending!! Good luck in your new forever home, Ti, and have fun! Sas, it must be such a relief that all of this has now been resolved!

Logan
08-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Chin up, SAS!!! :D :D :D I said a little prayer for you and Ti this morning.

Logan

Pam
08-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Safe travels today Sallyanne! I will be thinking of you and hoping that all goes smoothly. Please check in when you can.

Cincy'sMom
08-09-2003, 07:58 AM
Good Luck today SAS.
I know it will be hard to say goodbye to your boy, but focus on how happy Miley will be. And Ti is getting a pretty sweet deal himself! Beth sounds wonderful and he will have 3 new fur-siblings to torment and be tormented by :)

Uabassoon
08-09-2003, 03:25 PM
How did it go Sas?

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Yes, how did everything go? Please let us know as soon as you can. All fingers and paws are crossed here for good luck. :)

sasvermont
08-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Well, I am happy with Beth as Ti's new Mom.

He was great in the car, to the point where I actually let him out of the carrier and he sat in his favorite bed, on the seat next to me. He was good at Beth's house, sitting on my lap and letting me clip his nails (demo)....and then, all at once, he took off and crawled under her sofa! I had a bite to eat and gave Beth all the toys, etc. and left them to work it out. The 12 wk. old 1/2 Bengal kitten hissed at Ti when they met, but Ti was fine. The doggies didn't even notice Ti.

All is quiet here, that is for sure. The make shift screen door is down now and Miley will have the freedom of the house.

I am sad, but know that Ti had a really good shot at staying here, and he cooked his own goose. I think he will be fine in his new place and everyone will heal from the damage that was caused.

I am going to bed early tonight, after being on the road for 8 hours today.

Goodnight.

P. S.

I cried 3/4 of the way home. Yes, I am a big girl, with a soft heart.

SAS

Rachel
08-09-2003, 06:48 PM
A long, sad journey to be sure, but I do believe Ti will do just fine, thanks to the efforts you made. I wish so many other kitties had one fraction of the advocacy on their behalf as Ti did from you.

And you have your Miley girl to love and your Juni to raise. Camp Vermont can once again be a peaceful, happy place. Good work and rest well. You need never regret this decision.

jenluckenbach
08-09-2003, 07:12 PM
I have tears for you and Ti right now, both happy and sad. And it truely is just like letting go of a foster.......NO...it is harder, because it was SUPPOSE to work out. A lot of the times, the right thing to do is the HARDEST.

extra HUGS to you.

Play hard sweet Ti, I know you will be loved and happy in your new home.

lizbud
08-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Sas,

What an emotional day for you. :( Filled with plenty of mixed
feelings, I'm sure. Ti will be very loved & cared for in his new home and with his personality, he'll find his place in the new home
just fine.:) It might help to remember that Ti was not a happy
camper at Camp Vermont either, so this fresh start for him could
be just what he needs too. Rest well and know you went that
extra mile and then some to make everyone happier. Best of
luck & good times ahead for Ti, Miley, Juni Rose and for you too.

Pam
08-09-2003, 07:49 PM
You can rest well tonight knowing that you did what you had to do. There really was no choice. Did Beth give you any indication that she would keep in touch either with stories or pictures or both? I hope so. That would be really nice, just like Robyn was able to do with you when Gabe was a Camp Vermonter. What a nice feeling to have your house back to normal with no doors to shut and no worries. Enjoy your time with Miley and Juni tonight. I am sure the Big Bed will be crowded with lots of purring going on. :)

Yes, I am a big girl, with a soft heart.

Yep, we already knew that for sure! ;)

bisi.cat
08-10-2003, 01:38 AM

I cried 3/4 of the way home. Yes, I am a big girl, with a soft heart.

You're amazing...you literally went the extramile for Ti again and knowing that his new home is purrfect will hopefully make it easier for you to let go the sad memories of the past weeks...

It will surely take some time until your heart is healed, but it will!!!
Try to focus on Miley and Juni Rose, to whom you've given back a happy and content life...and Ti now will have a happy and content life, too!!!

You've done so well in this situation!!! Now take time to heal!!!

Wishing you all the best with your furkids

:) :) :)

Barbara
08-10-2003, 04:25 AM
What a day yesterday. I am also crying some tears - a mix of relief and sadness. I am so glad everything went well and Ti showed himself from his best side:) I could not even dare to clip Tigris' nails. Ti CAN be a real gentleman :D

I hope too that Beth will keep contact -at least she could mail you a picture from time to time- we would enjoy to see Ti with his new family:)

Tell us about Miley's reaction? I suppose that she is quite careful and that her little ears still move to catch signals. (ok -rather big Aby ears). :D And I hope you had tonight two sweet and happy kitties in your bed:)

PayItForward
08-10-2003, 08:00 AM
I hope you are feeling recovered from your very long Saturday journey.

Sounds like Ti has settled straight into his new furrever home and he'll have plenty of siblings to chew on (jk). I hope his new mummy like give us a couple of updates, it would be great to SEE how he is getting on. (Photos Hint Hint)

So is the Vermount camp full of Happy Campers ?

Has Miley Girl noticed the complete lack of Ti, it must be a relief for her. Just her & Juni Rose safely together, with the free run of the house. :D

sasvermont
08-10-2003, 08:16 AM
It's funny, when I was stacking all of Ti's things by the door, i.e. bed, scratching posts, bags of toys, it became obvious that there was something going on. I brought out the container from the corner of the porch and both Juni and Ti noticed. This was done days before the big moving day.

The night before Ti left, while he was on the porch, Miley decided to take a hike through the house. I was surprised but figured it was due to her being safe for so many days in a row, only hearing his yowling and not experiencing any attacks. I do think Miley was ready for the challenge again. She must miss having contact within the entire house.

Yesterday, when I packed up Ti and his worldly possession, I left all the doors open in the house, hoping that Miley would venture out with Juni. She did, they both met me at the door when I returned from the trip and both slept with me last night.....I woke up around 3 AM only to find Miley wandering around the house....ears flat.....hunkered down...waiting for the attack.

I suspect it will take a few days before Miley feels totally comfortable.

Juni is totally the same. Kittens are just so flexible! Since Juni was always jockeying back and forth between the two worlds here at Camp Vermont, she is familiar with Miley and her space. I really don't think she is going to miss Ti. That sounds funny, but the whole world is one big toy to Juni and she has lots of distractions.

It is so nice not to have to worry about doors being securely closed behind me. The screen door is down, I can walk through the entire house......the air conditioning now goes throughout the entire house and not in just half. It's nice.

Beth sent me an email card last night, thanking me for trusting her with such a prized commodody. She promised to keep in touch and since I have her address, phone #, email, I can always contact her.

I don't suspect much progress will be made in a day or two, unlike Gabe and Graemer's bonding within 48 hours. I hope to hear from her in a week, when I think Ti will finally figure out that I am not coming for him. Oh my, tears.

I am so happy I moved Ti yet sad that he had to go. It was for the best!

As soon as I charge my batteries, I will take a few photos of Juni and Miley, as they are hanging out together, all the time now! They are a true match in personalities.

L,
SAS

Pam
08-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Juni and Miley, as they are hanging out together, all the time now! They are a true match in personalities.

This is the happy news we have been waiting to hear! Mission accomplished Sallyanne!!!

Now, how about those pictures! :)

Barbara
08-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Big relief stone falling from my heart. Kissies, Scritchies, cuddles and hugs to Miley and sweet Juni:)

Rachel
08-10-2003, 09:48 AM
I just have to say it one more time. I am so relieved and happy for the peace and contentment that can prevail at Camp Vermont. Miley can regain her composure and Juni can grow and thrive as a sweet and playful companion and you will no longer have to worry.

Ti will be just fine. Hopefully he will no longer see his role as an Attack Cat and can move on to figure out how to fit into his new setting with his new housemates.

sasvermont
08-10-2003, 10:03 AM
Since Ti is so out numbered, I think he will be fine. The kitten was indifferent for the most part and I think the dogs seemed indifferent as well, not scared, like Miley is/was.

I think the kitten will bond with Ti as soon as he emerges!

Beth seemed so relaxed with the situation and has a very calm disposition herself. I have a tendency to become overly protective, emotional, and goofy to the point of distraction. I suppose I have a type A personality. Ti is a type Z! :D :eek:

If I hear from Beth, I will let you all know.

By the way, I invited Beth to join Pet Talk. Not everyone likes to spend their spare time in forums, so I just don't know if she will show up here!

Thanks everyone!

SAS - boy is my house back to normal now!

Steffi N
08-10-2003, 10:26 AM
I am glad Ti's move to his new home went well. Beth sounds like she will be an excellent new mommy for Ti. I hope he quickly bonds with her and his new fur family. We will always welcome news of him. I am glad Miley is exploring Camp Vermont again. I am sure she and Junie Rose will be happy together now. Looking forward to new pictures of the Aby Girls. :) Sallyanne you did great through all this, so have a take-it-easy day. :)

NoahsMommy
08-10-2003, 01:45 PM
I'm so glad it went so well with Ti. It sounds like a good home for him. :)

ChrisH
08-10-2003, 02:14 PM
I am glad to hear Ti`s move went well.:)

Hugs to all!

Chris

Christiansmommy
08-10-2003, 02:46 PM
I havent had a chance to post about all of this yet!! The puppy and my 2 year old keep me VERY busy!! :)

I am so glad to see and feel the tone of your posts are back to how they used to be...relaxed with no worries!! Just a peaceful little house again!! Now you can focus on Juni and Miley and their friendship can blossom!! I am so happy for Miley...she needs a pal to be with, that i am sure she has been craving ever since Grammy left us....so good for you Miley...you have your mommy and a new friend all to yourself again!!

I am happy for you SAS!! I can feel the relief that you must feel...I know it was a hard thing to do...but it had to be done and now you can move on with your life and put it back to how it used to be!! :) Congrats on finding a forever home for Ti!!

Robyn

krazyaboutkatz
08-10-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm so glad to hear that everything is working out all the way around. :) Ti's in a new great loving home and now Camp Vermont is peaceful again. Now you can sit back and relax with Miley and Juni without any worries. :)

Logan
08-10-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm so happy that it all worked out, Sallyanne. Happy days at Camp Vermont and in Connecticutt too!!!! :D :D :D

buuu2
08-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone. I am posting this to keep people up to date with Ti's new home. The only pics i would be able to post would be Ti holding UP the couch and its rather dark under there...
So far, he has only come out at night to eat his trail of treats and partake of his food and water... and play around in the litter box. (i swear, this guy got at least a 10 foot arc on the litter!!)
today i came home in the evening and caught a glimpse of him dashing back under the couch and i talk to him every now and then, politely requesting his presence with the rest of his party. but there is no rush.:cool:
i will post his progress on here so that everyone who is interested can stay up to date.
beth

Freckles
08-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Bless you,
buuu2:)

Christiansmommy
08-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Thanks, buuu2!!! This is great that we will be able to hear about Ti!! He is such a loved pet here on Pettalk and we love to see pics of that beauty! Glad you decided to join us...WELCOME!!

Sallyanne took in a cat that i had to rehome about a year ago (Gabe). He passed on due to congestive heart failure. But it was great for me to be able to hear the stories and see pics of him in his new home with her. She was a lifesaver to me, for taking him in...i loved him, just as Sallyanne loves Ti and it was great to be able to see him through the internet, ya know!!! I am so happy you are Ti's new owner...we will await pics and stories!!!

Robyn

Vermontcat
08-10-2003, 09:57 PM
I am so happy that Ti has been a good boy during his move to a new home in Connecticut.:)
Welcome to Pet Talk Beth!:D
I look forward to hearing updates on Ti and your other pets.

Steffi N
08-10-2003, 09:59 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Beth and thank you for joining us. I know that with your patience Ti will soon feel at ease and come out and join you. Of course, we want to meet his new fur family, too.
They gray and white cat in my signature is my boy Lovable.

krazyaboutkatz
08-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Beth. I'm sure you'll love it here. :) I look forward to hearing many updates about Ti and hopefully seeing some pictures as well. :) I'd also love to hear about your other pets too.

buuu2
08-11-2003, 12:15 AM
well, the catnip has worked wonders... Ti came almost completely out from under the couch and then scooted back under. so i went over and provided another dose of the catnip. he was soon purring and kneading the wood floors, and rubbing his head on my hand. he is completely relaxed under there. i think he will get bored with it soon. stay tuned for details as they happen...:D

bisi.cat
08-11-2003, 01:17 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Beth...I am sure you will like it here...and we just love that you've joined us here to tell us all about Ti!!!:D

I hope he will come around soon and enjoy life with his new family!!!

:D :D :D

Vio&Juni
08-11-2003, 01:57 AM
Oh, how great! We have news from his new human. Welcome Beth! Hope we get to see pictures of the kitten too :)

SAS, I know it's hard and I know you had to do it :(

Barbara
08-11-2003, 02:47 AM
What a great surprise this morning. Welcome to PT! I am sure the Ti-man will soon be bored from life under your couch. But it's good if he takes it slowly :) :)

Looking forward hearing more from Ti and his new brothers and sister:)

ChrisH
08-11-2003, 04:12 AM
Beth, welcome to Pet Talk!:D

It is so great that we will be able to hear how Ti is doing, thank you!:D Looking forward to reading about and seeing pictures of your other furry ones too!:)

Chris

jenluckenbach
08-11-2003, 04:49 AM
Beth, welcome to pet talk. It will be great to here how our Ti is doing, but don't forget, we love ALL pets and as we understand it you have several others. Hope you like it here and thanks for the updates.

Pam
08-11-2003, 05:58 AM
Beth, I'm happy to meet you! :) My name is Pam and I am Christiansmommy's mom, and I have followed Ti's story closely and must admit that you sounded like the perfect purrson for this guy! I, too, would love to see and hear all about the rest of Ti's family. If you need some help posting pictures many of us would be happy to show you. This is a great site for sharing happy things as well as some not so happy and for just plain old learning from each other. I do hope that you will stick around and become one of us! :) We'll stay tuned for your next episode! It sounds good so far! :)

sasvermont
08-11-2003, 06:14 AM
Beth, I was so happy to see your email saying that you had posted a notice on the dicussion group!

My heart has been heavy these last two days, knowing that Ti is so scared. But, it sounds as though his timidness will be short lived. I think the catnip is a good idea. I did give him some, on the floor, a couple of times and his favorite toys are filled with cat nip.

I shall have a good day, knowing that Ti is with you, getting to know you and your family.

Thanks Beth. You made my day.....

(Ti Ti, be a good boy for Beth...)

Love and furry hugs to Ti and his new family,
Sallyanne

IttyBittyKitty
08-11-2003, 06:39 AM
YaY! Ti's new Meowmie is now a Pet Talker and Ti won't have to say good bye to all his Internet kitty friends!

Ti, be good for your new Meowmie, and for your old Meowmie who is worrying about you!

HayleyRosie
08-11-2003, 06:40 AM
It's great to hear about Ti and his new home. I am so glad to know we will be able to hear all about Ti in the future. Thank you Beth for joining and a big WELCOME!

ramanth
08-11-2003, 09:15 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Beth!

I'm glad everything is working out. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2003, 05:17 PM
What a wonderful surprise! Welcome to PT Beth, and thank you sooo much for the updates on Ti. As you can see, Sallyanne truly appreciates the updates, and we do too because we know how worried she was about her beloved Ti Ti. She has been through so much these last months and it's really great that she can now relax and know that everything has really worked out for the best. And now we can keep up on Ti's progress in his new home. Yippeee!!!! :D

Rachel
08-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Thank you for posting, Beth. Some of us have become quite involved in the life of Ti and we welcome knowing how he will progress in his new environment and with his new housemates. I do believe that Ti is just taking his time in assessing the situation to see where he ranks in the order of things. I have high hopes that he will figure out that he has to go along to get along and learn to enjoy the pleasure of everyone's company.

anna_66
08-11-2003, 06:24 PM
I'm glad to hear that Ti is starting to feel a little more at home with you. I'm very happy that you decided to log on & post updates on Ti Ti:)

Cincy'sMom
08-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Welcome Beth!!! I hope you will stay with us as Ti adjusts to his new home and tell us more about your other pets too!!

ScantyNebula
08-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Congratulations on the successful move sas. I know it must have been hard for you. Here's to hoping Ti will find happiness in his new home .. welcome to PetTalk Beth :)

buuu2
08-12-2003, 10:32 PM
hello again. Ti is doing great. He made a quik move to coming out from under the couch whenever i spoke to him and the dogs were not about. and now, he has spent the entire day sitting on a chair with the dogs about. He and Dooby (the terrier mix) have been nuzzling each other, face to face. so, good progress is being made.

Freckles
08-12-2003, 10:55 PM
That's great news, Beth. Thanks.:)

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Beth, this is wonderful news. I'm so happy for both Ti and you. :D Maybe you can take a picture of him nuzzling with Dooby.

Barbara
08-13-2003, 02:46 AM
Ti being such an active kitty I was sure he wouldn't stay under that couch too long (I once had a feral who stayed under the kitchen cupboard for 3 weeks:rolleyes: ) and I am glad to hear he is introducing himself to the doggies.

This is wonderful news -thank you Beth for giving us all that information:) :) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-13-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by buuu2
He and Dooby (the terrier mix) have been nuzzling each other, face to face. so, good progress is being made.

:eek: :eek: Wow, Ti, I'm impressed! Forget the other kitties, I mean, how boring can you get! Noooo....go right for the big guys for lots of excitement! :D

Beth, I'm so glad Ti is already venturing out and making friends with the rest of his new family. Sounds like things are going great and he'll be part of the family in no time. :D

bisi.cat
08-13-2003, 10:24 AM
Beth, it's such a relief for all of us to hear that Ti is doing so great in his new home...

Thanks for the update!!!:)

ChrisH
08-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Beth, that is real good news! :) Thanks for the update, and the picture!:)

HayleyRosie
08-13-2003, 12:31 PM
That is great news Beth. Thank you so much for the update. I look forward to more pictures of Ti.

ramanth
08-13-2003, 01:56 PM
What wonderful news! Thanks Beth. :)

sasvermont
08-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Somehow I didn't see this last post by Beth.

What a relief. I suspected that Ti would like doggies, since he is so dog like himself.

Great, great news!

Hugs to Ti and his new family!

SAS

Russian Blue
08-13-2003, 02:10 PM
SAS, what a great home for Ti! And to be bonding with the dog already in such a short time is really wonderful!

Beth, thanks so much for the updates. It's very kind of you and I'm glad everything is working out so well!

(I'm still trying to catch up on all the postings. Sorry I'm so late in posting to this thread!)

nodgeness
08-13-2003, 02:57 PM
SAS, way to find such a wonderful home for Ti! Beth welcome to pet talk! Thank you for keeping us up to speed w/ Ti's move. We look forward to hearing more about his adjustment as well as all your other family members what do they think of Ti?

Steffi N
08-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Ti, I didn't know you were a D-O-G :D :D :D :D

rg_girlca
08-13-2003, 06:50 PM
A hearty welcome to Pet Talk Beth.
I'm so glad to hear that Ti looks like he is going to fit in just fine.

Logan
08-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Maybe a D-O-G is just what Ti needed!!!!! :) My Butter, who is very much like Ti, loves his dogs and never tries to mess with them too much (other than playing with their wagging tails).

Beth it is so good to have you here on Pet Talk with updates of Ti! We have lived through this with Sallyanne, who we all have the utmost respect and love for. We're so glad that you are keeping us up to date on Ti!!!!

Logan