PDA

View Full Version : ):I came home to a dead rat:(

Desert Arabian
08-07-2003, 10:07 AM
OMG- I can't believe this happened. Nugget died. My Mom and I got up around 7:30 to go to the chiropractor and go out for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. When we got home I immediatly went into my room to see the ratties, to find a brown rat oddly slouched half way out of the Super Pet litter box, right away I knew the rat was dead- I could tell. I thought it was Sweet Pea because she is in really bad condition right now. But, I looked at the tail and noticed it was Nugget. I started crying and screaming for my Mom, she was outside getting catnip for Sammy and Dudley.

This is such a shocker. She does have 2 cancerous tumors, which most likely claimed her life, but the thing is, she appeared to be just fine. Yesterday I had them outside and they were romping around and playing, then she had a nice bowl of baby food and mealworms (yum!), which she absoultely enjoyed. This morning when I got up, I saw her and she looked just fine. I guess she wasn't.

I am so happy she passed away peacefully at home, I was not looking forward to having her put to sleep- which would have eventually happened because of those tumors.

Rest In Peace sweet baby- say hello to Oreo, Skittles, and Punkin- give them kisses for me and the rattie clan.

XOXOXO

*Off to burry my baby in the garden amungst the other RB Ratties.*

primabella
08-07-2003, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry about Nugget but as long as she went peacefully, I'm sure it was for the best.

- RIP sweet Nugget -

ramanth
08-07-2003, 10:42 AM
RIP dear sweet Nugget.

*hugs*

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( :(

robinh
08-07-2003, 11:08 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss! RIP Nugget. :(

How peaceful for her to be at home when her time came and after having such a wonderful day yesterday.

lovemyshiba
08-07-2003, 12:00 PM
RIP sweet Nugget.

Play hard at the Rainbow bridge, where you are healthy again.

It sounds like she went peacefully, playing and having a wonderful time yesterday, and going quietly at home.

HoRsELUvR
08-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Im sorry you lost Nugget.:(

magcpen
08-07-2003, 12:43 PM
R.I.P. Nugget. :(

Airedalekisses
08-07-2003, 12:45 PM
Sooo sorry, but just think the memories-yesterday was fabulous and you didn't see Nugget in any pain. Bye bye sweet Nugget

pitc9
08-07-2003, 12:58 PM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss.
May she rest in peace and have fun at RB!!!!

Aspen and Misty
08-07-2003, 12:59 PM
O I am so sorry ::hugs:: I'm glad she pased away peacfully.

Have fun at the rainbow bridge sweet baby.

Ash

binka_nugget
08-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Aw..I'm so sorry.... :(

RIP nugget

ILoveReptiles
08-07-2003, 01:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's good that she was home and at peace when she left you, and I'm sure she's having a grand old time on the RB with tons of ratty treats.

Cataholic
08-07-2003, 01:51 PM
YLL,
I am so sorry to hear about Nugget. I hope she is at peace, now, with all the others that have passed before her. She is frolicking away already! RIP, Nugget.
Hugs to you, Laura,
Johanna

AmberLee
08-07-2003, 01:51 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Frolick happily at the Bridge, sweet Nugget!

wolfsoul
08-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Oh no, poor Nugget. :( I have tears in my eyes.

I'm so happy that she went peacefully.

RIP Nugget.

RockyRoad
08-07-2003, 02:39 PM
YLL, I am so sorry for the loss of sweet Nugget. What a beautiful rattie she was. At least she was at home, where those who loved her had cared for her over the years were. You will be in my thoughts.
R.I.P. sweet Nugget

jenluckenbach
08-07-2003, 03:05 PM
I am sorry to hear that you lost Nugget. RIP little friend.

tatsxxx11
08-07-2003, 03:24 PM
Oh, no:( I'm so sorry, YLL:( But I know this, that sweet Nugget couldn't have hoped for a better home or more loving Mommy. All of her days she knew how very loved she was. I know that all of her rattie friends are making her feel very welcome at the RB. My deepest sympathies to you on your great loss. Rest easy now, precious Nugget. You will never be forgotten and will be forever missed. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Kater
08-07-2003, 03:26 PM
This is just devastating news. I am so sorry for your loss! I think you are right to find comfort in the fact that Nugget died peacefully at home, in familiar surroundings. It is so nice that you remember her last special meal and noticed her enjoying herself so tremendously. Your happy memories with Nugget are something you can cherish always and death does not change that.

RIP sweet, beautiful Nugget.

NoahsMommy
08-07-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

At least she had a wonderful final day with you. She'll remember that at the RB.

Take care.

anna_66
08-07-2003, 05:39 PM
At least you know she went peacefully at home.

R.I.P. Nugget

wolf_Q
08-07-2003, 11:45 PM
So sorry to hear that. Rest in peace sweet Nugget. :(

Desert Arabian
08-08-2003, 12:16 AM
Thank you everyone for your comforting responses.

shais_mom
08-09-2003, 05:39 AM
Sorry I missed this.
I am so sorry for your loss.
GodSpeed Nugget.