PDA

View Full Version : Tanning beds

puppygrrl4eva7
08-07-2003, 06:31 AM
How many people here use tanning beds?

puppygrrl4eva7
08-07-2003, 06:49 AM
I use them but I only go for ten minutes. I'm really pale so when I go outside in the summer I always burn. Whne I use a tanning bed it get's me tanner so I won't burn as easily outside.

ChloeLove
08-07-2003, 06:59 AM
I am pale, and I burn very easily when I am outside, so I am trying to convince my parents to let me, but do it only for about 10 minutes just to prevent burns to some degree, because just sunblock doesn't work for me. :(

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-07-2003, 09:28 AM
Sorry to send bad news, but tanning beds are just as harmful as tanning outside. For people with vary fair skin who always burn (for example, in less than 15 minutes), no amount of "base tan" is safe.

The best plan is to become comfortable with the color of skin that you were born with; you can't change it. Wear a sunblock with 30 or higher SPF that blocks UVA/UVB rays every time you are in the sun, if not every day. Some tips for making sunblock work better are putting it on 30 minutes before you are in the sun and reapplying it often. Of course, even with sunblock people with certain skin types should avoid prolonged exposure.

Unfortunately, I learned these lessons the hard way--I had my first skin cancer at 23 and continue to struggle with new occurrences. Believe me--If you are concerned about your appearance, the scars from skin-cancer surgery are worse than having pale skin.

Tonya
08-07-2003, 10:54 AM
Kona & Oreo's mom is totally right. They do cause skin cancer. I use a tanning bed in the summer though. Since I work outside, I get a farmers tan from my t-shirt otherwise. I wouldn't advise using a tanning bed, but if you are going to, use a high pressure bed. They are much more expensive, but much safer. I only have to go 3 times a month opposed to 10 times a month in a low pressure. The tans aren't as dark as a low pressure, but they last much longer. The lighting is different in the high pressure beds. Another thing to consider is the spray beds. They are just self tanning lotion that this room sprays on you. They work really well if you have a special occasion and they are safe. The tan will last about a week if you do it right.

catland
08-07-2003, 12:03 PM
and keep in mind that ANY tan, whether from the sun or a tanning bed - will age you. This doesn't seem like a big deal now, but trust me, when you get to be 40+ years old, those youthful days in the sun or tanning bed will catch up to you.
:eek:

Tonya
08-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Yes, I see lots of chicks at the tanning beds that are probably only 35-45 and have serious wrinkles from years of tanning.

2kitties
08-07-2003, 01:11 PM
I bought five sessions before my trip to Hawaii so I wouldn't glow and scare small children!;)
But, now I'm back to my overly moisturized, pasty white self. Planning on looking good till I'm 75!

Aspen and Misty
08-07-2003, 01:17 PM
I don't tan and I don't go out in the sun. It's a great life, really. :D

I swaer the sun don't shine here in PA. :( Ok so it's shining now doesn't matter not aloud outside :(

O back on topic, nope I don't use tanning beds.

Ash

Kfamr
08-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Screw Tanning.

I don't tan in tanning beds nor outside.

I'm pale and love it.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-07-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Screw Tanning.

I don't tan in tanning beds nor outside.

I'm pale and love it.

I used to be like that. See, I ALWAYS wear a jacket, whatever the weather may be, I've always got my black Adidas jacket on. Well, this summer, I decided not to wear it. I've actually got some color now and love it. lol.

Cincy'sMom
08-07-2003, 04:24 PM
This is the first time in 4 trips to Florida that I didn't tan first. When I was in college and went to Fl on spring break I got fried in one afternoon at the beach. After that I started tanning before a trip, and did not burn. This year I didn't have time to tan, and I got burnt, but not badly. It didn't peel and is now tan. I was smarter about it though and used a higher SPF then I usually do.

Uabassoon
08-07-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm hispanic, I'm naturally tan :)

Kfamr
08-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
I used to be like that. See, I ALWAYS wear a jacket, whatever the weather may be, I've always got my black Adidas jacket on. Well, this summer, I decided not to wear it. I've actually got some color now and love it. lol.

I always wear black or my black or green sweatshirt.

I've gotten color before, obviously, I live in Florida. I hate it.

carole
08-07-2003, 06:15 PM
If you folk's lived in NZ you would have to be extemely careful in the sun, however having said that many people still sit out and bake themselves, we have one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world, our rays are very harmful, thanks to the depletion of our ozone layer.

Yes tanning beds are just the same as being in the sun, I am Pale too and I donot give a dam, I have skin meant for Scotlands weather, so I would be plain stupid to sit in the sun, prone to Skin Cancer's and wrinkling, I would look like an old prune had I done so, so young one's be careful and take your skin type and heritage into consideration.

These day's you can get fake tan's sprayed on and they look real good

Tonya
08-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Neutrogena in the orange bottle works super good. It's doesn't look orange or streaky. Buy the darkest they have, cause it isn't all that dark. Just be sure to be shaved and exfoliated first, and do it right after a shower. Wash hands after, and don't get wet for 3-4 hours. :)

Kfamr
08-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Ewwww The fake tan in a can crap looks so gross! It like turns people orange! It's so fake and weird looking! :eek:

carole
08-07-2003, 08:10 PM
Not these days kay-ann, they have much better products, and you can go to a salon and have it air-brushed, I am told it looks very real, not orange or streaky.:)

Tonya
08-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Yeah, the products are much better these days. I use it all the time.

cheetahgirl
08-07-2003, 10:16 PM
I don't believe in tanning. I believe in to live with the skin you came to the world with. :p I have natural tan skin anyway, so no need, even if I wanted. It wouldn't make a different. Wait. It would make me black. :eek: OUCH! No tanning for me. I'm already tan.

Twisterdog
08-07-2003, 10:38 PM
I used to tan outside and in tanning beds when I was in high school and college.

NO more of that! I see women who tan looking like dried up apples when they are in their 40's. Nasty!!

Plus ... my uncle and grandma both had skin cancer, and had to have many removed. My grandma had one on the side of her nose that had to be removed. She literally had a hole completely through her nose, and she had to have like five cosmetic surgeries to fix it, and it still looked a little strange.

So, please, kids ... don't tan, either in beds or outside. It's NOT worth it.

wolfsoul
08-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Nope. I don't like the idea of having a huge risk of skin cancer beaming down on me. I try and keep in the shade, and I wear protective sunscreen. My mom often uses tanning beds, but I shun her for it. It makes her very dark, and better I'll admit, but I just don't think it's worth the risk.

carole
08-08-2003, 12:25 AM
Just take a look at some of the British girls, they have beautiful peaches and cream complexions, porcelain looking, I think they look wonderful, Nicole kidman is pale and gorgeous, is it worth risking Skin Cancer's and looking like an ole prune?

RubyMutt
08-08-2003, 12:29 AM
I too am pale and not could care less :D

I've also spent the last 4 years of my life working for a company that sells 30+ SPF sun protective clothing (if anyone one is interested, it's called Sun Precautions, our URL is www.sunprecautions.com) and believe me, I've heard my share of sun-related horror stories! :eek:

Soledad
08-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Fake bake tans are gross. Just deal with what you've got. Why risk the melanomas and wrinkles???b

tikeyas_mom
08-08-2003, 03:14 AM
I use a tanning bed during the winter, they are great fun :p. I dont think they cause cancer, that is so far fetched, even if they do everything causes cancer these days :rolleyes:

IttyBittyKitty
08-08-2003, 03:27 AM
...and a little bit of colour is alright too ... but you don't want the HORROR TAN that you see all the time in Brisbane. We are a strone's throw away from one of the most popular holiday destinations in Australia. The most disturbing thing is these pasty tourists who bake in the sun for two weeks and come out looking like a singed Ginger Bread Man!

NOT a good look!

And then there's the whole cancer factor ... who wants to die a beautiful corpse?

carole
08-08-2003, 06:18 AM
Tikeyas_mom you can bury your head in the sand if you wish Your choice, but a tanning bed is no different to the harmful rays of the sun, it is a fact, but as for everything causing cancer these days, i have to agree with you on that.

Believe me you won't be saying I don't care when cancer strikes.

Prevention is better than cure.

So for all you sun worshippers out there do it at your own peril.

RubyMutt
08-08-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
I use a tanning bed during the winter, they are great fun :p. I dont think they cause cancer, that is so far fetched, even if they do everything causes cancer these days :rolleyes:

It's not far fetched, it's a fact :rolleyes:

primabella
08-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Ewwww The fake tan in a can crap looks so gross! It like turns people orange! It's so fake and weird looking! :eek:

I know. Like in the commercials, this stupid model looks like a shiny orange and she's like "Don't you wanna look like me?" I'm like hello no! :p It's ridiculous. I don't mind getting some color but I won't sit outside waiting for it to happen. Whenever I get tans, it's because it's from the beach on vacation or from me staying in the pool. And I always wear sunscreen.

I think people who get their bronzage are being ridiculous, and I know there are some of you who do it, but that's what I think. I think it's a total waste. My friends' brother had it done and he turned red. I've also seen people say "I'll only get it done once" and they book regular appointments because then they "look stupid cause I can't be tan and then one day be white!" Why even get started with it?

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-08-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
I've also spent the last 4 years of my life working for a company that sells 30+ SPF sun protective clothing (if anyone one is interested, it's called Sun Precautions, our URL is www.sunprecautions.com) and believe me, I've heard my share of sun-related horror stories! :eek:

RubyMutt, I love those clothes! We have a Sun Precautions store here in La Jolla. The clothes are expensive, but they really work, especially for long exposure when even sunblock wears off. I have a long-sleeved shirt and a wide-brimmed hat. I love the hat because it's gross to put sunblock in your hair and the part in my hair gets sunburned otherwise. Next, I'm going to buy those sleeves to wear while driving--I spend hours commuting each day and the sun through the car windows is awful!

2kitties
08-08-2003, 10:04 AM
I did Mystic Tan once and Loved It!
I highly recommend it if you're in a situation that you need a little color.

You go to the salon and stand in an airbrushing booth. A mist fills the air and you're airbrushed with self tan.

In just a couple hours, you'll have a nice color, with none of the harmful effects of tanning- and none of the yucky streaking and strange colors that come with home self tanning lotions.

It lasts about a week and costs around $30. Not something I can afford to keep up, but it was terrific for the occasion I was going to.

Some places call it Mystic Tan, I've also seen the name "Healthy Tan." It's getting very popular and that is how all your models and hollywood types are getting their color these days.

Tonya
08-08-2003, 01:11 PM
It's called Mystic Tan here in California. I pay $39 a month for 4 tans. I get my choice of the high pressure beds or the Mystic. I don't tan so much to get dark...I just like to keep the edge off. I wear sunscreen to work and usually wear long sleeves, but when you are outdoors 40 hours a week, you're bound to get a farmers tan.

Cheshirekatt
08-08-2003, 01:36 PM
My grandma retired to Hawaii and never wore a lick of sunscreen in her life! She now looks like a little leather raisin. :(

I'm irish, pale and love it!

I'm always a little grossed out when I see a lady who's way too tan from fake and baking, too much gold jewelry and super blonde hair. :eek:

primabella
08-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
I'm always a little grossed out when I see a lady who's way too tan from fake and baking, too much gold jewelry and super blonde hair. :eek:

Doesn't it all just clash :eek: :D

tikeyas_mom
08-08-2003, 01:43 PM
It's not far fetched, it's a fact :rolleyes:

I havent herd of ONE person getting cancer from a tanning bed, as long as they dont go constantly and go for like 7 min at a time I think it is fine!

I have been tanning for 2 years, no skin cancer yet ;).

Cheshirekatt
08-08-2003, 01:50 PM
I havent herd of ONE person getting cancer from a tanning bed, as long as they dont go constantly and go for like 7 min at a time I think it is fine!

I have been tanning for 2 years, no skin cancer yet ;).

Ok, you really need to stop believing what they're telling you at the tanning salon.

I worked in cancer research for 4 years. Tanning beds can give you skin cancer.

Usually any of the cancer that comes up was damage done 10 years ago.

Cheshirekatt
08-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Doesn't it all just clash :eek: :D

Yes it does! And it always reminds me of Magdalene from Something About Mary.

2kitties
08-08-2003, 02:00 PM
Yes it does! And it always reminds me of Magdalene from Something About Mary.

Bahhaaa Bahaaa ROFL! That's exactly right!:D

tikeyas_mom
08-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Ok, you really need to stop believing what they're telling you at the tanning salon.

I worked in cancer research for 4 years. Tanning beds can give you skin cancer.

Usually any of the cancer that comes up was damage done 10 years ago.

it is against the law for them to allow anyone to go tanning in a salon for more then the opted amount of time. Depending on skin color and how easily you burn ect. I had to fill out a HUGE thing befor I was aloud to tan At my tanning place. I Dont think you are more likely to get cancer from tanning in a tanning bed for like 7 min a week. I havent been tanning since last winter but I love going because it is so warm and cowsy ;).

Like I said befor everything causes cancer these days, and I rather not be all peranoid about it. I just do what I love to do, and tanning is one of those things I love to do ..

anna_66
08-08-2003, 02:15 PM
I too was one who used to lay in the sun & bake:o I have a discoloration on my left shoulder that gets really ugly looking if I get too tan. That along with the medications I'm on now is the reason I don't tan any more. I don't want to get skin cancer or ugly blotches on my skin...it's just not worth it. So I guess I just have to live with my pasty skin (or use rub on-yes I use it occassionlly & it doesn't make me orange:p ).

Cheshirekatt
08-08-2003, 02:37 PM

Like I said befor everything causes cancer these days, and I rather not be all peranoid about it.

Sunscreen doesn't cause cancer.

RICHARD
08-08-2003, 02:57 PM

SHUT UP!!

jealous of the California Girls, aren't we??;)

lol,
when i see a pale brunette wearing sliver around here i do a double take!!! other people point and yell, "TOURIST!!!!"

Kfamr
08-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Ewww.. I hate super blonde hair, fake tans and gold!!

Let me keep my silver, pale skin, and dark brunette/black hair ANYDAY!

Cheshirekatt
08-08-2003, 03:08 PM
Ewww.. I hate super blonde hair, fake tans and gold!!

Let me keep my silver, pale skin, and dark brunette/black hair ANYDAY!

lololololol

Well, I have to admit that I like gold, but I choose to pair it with copper hair and alabaster skin. :D

slick
08-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Hey, I'm blonde/gray white trash and I love it!! Although skin cancer is one of the curables ones if caught early, who in their right mind would want to risk his/her health for brown skin??? Constant suntanning is the same as digging your own grave. My Dad has skin cancer for 20 years and he had all kinds of skin deformities. He had bits of his ears taken off and really bad scars all over his body.

If you still insist on suntanning after hearing this, it's your funeral.

Cheshirekatt
08-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
SHUT UP!!

jealous of the California Girls, aren't we??;)

lol,
when i see a pale brunette wearing sliver around here i do a double take!!! other people point and yell, "TOURIST!!!!"

:D

There are lots of those types of girls up in Washington, too.

Cheshirekatt
08-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Nothing wrong with blonde.....it's all in how you wear it! :D

Denyce
08-08-2003, 03:15 PM
After all the information on skin cancer and the harmful effects...for me it is sort of like smoking...I see a tan person and I am seeing someone who either doesn't care about themselves at all or is just plain stupid. Of course I could be wrong and they could be using the tan in a can...:rolleyes: . I am blonde with green eyes and a rosy complexion...why mess with perfection:D :eek: :)

Aspen and Misty
08-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Denyce- I recently went to the beach, spent about 4 hours at the beach. I re-aplied my sun screen every half hour (my dad set his watch). I still got EXTREMLY burnt and didn't go to the beach or outside till after dark because my skin would start to bubble (eww). But when I got home I had a nice tan. I didn't mean to get tan, not at all. And was that week of hell worth the 2 weeks or so of tan, no, But what I'm trying to say is I did get tan, but that doesn't mean I don't care about myself and well, I am stupid but I did do everything in my power not to get burnt and I did and it still resulted in a tan, I guess what I'm trying to say is not everyone can help the fact that they get tan, I know I sure didn't mean to, It was nice to be tan, but o boy what I would have given to have been pasty white that one week I was sun burned.

I've gone tanning in a tanning bed a few times, I stoped cause I hated the way it smelled and the way I smelled when I came home, eww.

Ash

2kitties
08-08-2003, 04:20 PM
What spf were you using? If you use at least an spf of 45, and reapply often, you will not burn. This is a fact, no matter if you're one month old or 50 years old.

2kitties
08-08-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by slick
Hey, I'm blonde/gray white trash and I love it!!

You made great points, but I have to ask why you would ever refer to yourself as trash? I realize you were probably making a joke, but why would anyone degrade themselves? No person is deserves to be called trash, no matter who says it.
I don't take that as a joke at all.

Tonya
08-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Geez, lighten up.

carole
08-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Tikeyas-Mom ignorance is not bliss, no matter what you are told, one thing you have to know is that skin cancer does not often present itself in your young years, but that is when the damage is done, if you continue to get sun-burned over the years whilst you are young, also you are still at risk even if you donot burn but tan, however your skin type does play a role in this, to some degree, but no-one is 100 per cent safe.

So if you still continue to think tan beds are safe, go ahead, they are no different to baking in the sun, and having a tan may look healthy but it is not.

Our rays are much more harmful today , than say in my young day's especially down under, because of the depletion of our ozone layer.

So if you are still happy to risk skin cancer and getting like a wrinkled old prune, go for it.

Hopefully a cure will not be far away, but until then everyone should be cautious.

I know of people also that have had half their faces chopped away to get rid of the cancer, it is NOT NICE.

wolfsoul
08-08-2003, 07:08 PM
It is a common misconception that tanning beds do not cause cancer, because most times, the people that work with them don't even know. They claim that because the booths only use UVA rays, and not UVB, that it is safe. But UVA does cause cancer, and alot of people don't know it because UVA rays mostly only cause aging and wrinkling of the skin. :) But there is still a high cancer risk.

RubyMutt
08-08-2003, 07:41 PM
T_M (and anyone else who may not think tanning can lead to skin cancer) check out these links.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/700312.asp

http://146.186.194.36/archive/2003/04/04-15-03tdc/04-15-03dscihealth-column-02.asp

http://www.ismanet.org/html/tanning.html

http://bcbsnj.myhealthyhorizon.com/article/hscoutn/103499566

http://www.karismamag.com/Page.aspx?ID=141

http://www.preventcancer.org/healthyliving/PreventionNews/Tanning-Bed-Use-and-Skin-Cancer-Risk.cfm

http://www.mercola.com/2001/jun/2/tanning_beds.htm

http://webmd.lycos.com/content/article/24/2946_941?UID=%7B32F2101F-5D8A-415F-9BF5-72F3E6A41D2F%7D

http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/vumcpub/?articleID=195

And believe me, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I can find you PLENTY more links.
Keep on tanning if you want (hey, it's your life, not mine), just stop saying that no one who tans is putting themself at risk of getting cancer.

RubyMutt
08-08-2003, 08:21 PM
T_M, don't you have tattoos? UV rays can easily discolor and/or fade tattoos.

Tonya
08-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Everyone's right about beds causing cancer. They surely do. On the same line, if you are going to tan, a bed is safer then the natural sun. You all are right, we should be happy with the skin we have. I wish it was that easy for me to feel that way.

Cheshirekatt
08-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Everyone's right about beds causing cancer. They surely do. On the same line, if you are going to tan, a bed is safer then the natural sun. You all are right, we should be happy with the skin we have. I wish it was that easy for me to feel that way.

I don't think a bed is safer. 15 minutes in a bed is equal to a full day at the beach. How can that be safer? :confused:

I think they just say that because people think a sunburn causes cancer (which it can) but all exposure to sun (including non-burning rays) puts you at risk.

But you're very right, we should be happy with the skin we have. We can all blame Coco Chanel.

Soledad
08-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Noooooooo! Never blame Coco Chanel for anything! :p

When Coco got a tan in the 1920s it was revolutionary. There were still very prejudiced ideas about skin tone. Anyone with a tan was considered "dirty" or "classless" as it meant that they must have been common people who had to work outside. After Coco, those connotations faded, and I think that can only be a good thing.

:)

Cheshirekatt
08-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
Noooooooo! Never blame Coco Chanel for anything! :p

When Coco got a tan in the 1920s it was revolutionary. There were still very prejudiced ideas about skin tone. Anyone with a tan was considered "dirty" or "classless" as it meant that they must have been common people who had to work outside. After Coco, those connotations faded, and I think that can only be a good thing.

:)

Ok, fine! :)

Who can I blame, then??

lololol

carole
08-08-2003, 10:34 PM
I don't think a lot of people realise that even a little bit of tan is actually sun damage.

Just another FACT.

carole
08-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Avertising really should say, hey everyone want to get some sun damage this summer. lol

Cheshirekatt
08-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by carole
I don't think a lot of people realise that even a little bit of tan is actually sun damage.

Just another FACT.

I believe I read somewhere that when you develop a tan it's actually the skins way of trying to heal itself from the sun exposure. But I don't remember where I read it, so don't quote me on that! :p

tikeyas_mom
08-08-2003, 10:41 PM
T_M, don't you have tattoos? UV rays can easily discolor and/or fade tattoos.

yes I have A tattoo, and it is black as black ;). I dont even tan that often its not like I am going to turn out like a prune :rolleyes: I tan like once a week in the winter months. lol. I dont think being perinoid about cancer is going to help anything, I bet sun screen does cause cancer lol they just havent found out yet ;).

I wear a special hemp cream when tanning it is so nice, it makes it so you dont burn. Tanning is a BIG stress reliever(sp?). At least it is for me. I have seen many ppl who tan almost everyday and they look sickly groose with wrinkles ect. I wouldent never tan everyday.

tikeyas_mom
08-08-2003, 10:44 PM

Just another FACT.

"ok everyone lets bundle up because it is august and we dont want cancer" :rolleyes:

even when wearing sunscreen you can still get a bit of a tan if out long enough.

carole
08-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Hey I am just stating the facts, of course its almost impossible not to have any tan, even myself who has pale scottish skin, as I call it, gets a slight tan, I walk my daughter to school everyday, and it is impossible not to get some colouration.

I am merely stating that any tan is sun damage, thats all it is folks.

And Tikeyas_mom ok continue to be the ostrich, if you like, its your life, you have the facts, up to you. Don't say we did not warn you.

Actually we are all bundled up here, as its winter in NZ, so there lol.

Keep enjoying your sun damage.

tikeyas_mom
08-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Hey I am just stating the facts, of course its almost impossible not to have any tan, even myself who has pale scottish skin, as I call it, gets a slight tan, I walk my daughter to school everyday, and it is impossible not to get some colouration.

I am merely stating that any tan is sun damage, thats all it is folks.

And Tikeyas_mom ok continue to be the ostrich, if you like, its your life, you have the facts, up to you. Don't say we did not warn you.

Actually we are all bundled up here, as its winter in NZ, so there lol.

ok I will be the ostrich, :confused:. I have always known of the fact considering the sun and skin cancer, and it don't scare or bother me at all, if I was ment to get cancer I will, I cannot stop it. and I dont think I will get cancer anyways because noone has had cancer in my family.

AHHHHH the sun is out to get us all RUN!!!!!!!!! Be hermits and stay in your house all day it is the only place that is safe.!!!!.:eek: :p

carole
08-08-2003, 11:01 PM
Well its true you can do all the right things and still get cancer, I cannot argue with that, my mother for instant.

Well Tikeyas_ mom, you are young, and your attitude is very normal, one day you will wake up and I hope for your sake it is not too late.

Yep some people bake and never get it, that is true, but you might not be the lucky one, Let us hope you are the lucky one!!!!

Nope we cannot always prevent getting cancer, but we sure can try.

When you are older you may see things a little different.

Enjoy your tanning!:)

RubyMutt
08-09-2003, 12:38 AM
ok I will be the ostrich, :confused:. I have always known of the fact considering the sun and skin cancer, and it don't scare or bother me at all, if I was ment to get cancer I will, I cannot stop it. and I dont think I will get cancer anyways because noone has had cancer in my family.

AHHHHH the sun is out to get us all RUN!!!!!!!!! Be hermits and stay in your house all day it is the only place that is safe.!!!!.:eek: :p

FYI, contrary to popular belief cancer is NOT hereditary.

As I said before, if you want to tan that's fine. Just don't blame us for stating the true facts.

And lastly, just because I don't want skin cancer and take measures to protect my skin and my health does not mean I'm a hermit :rolleyes: I haven't stated anything that you should've taken as offensive, why do you have to be so immature about this? I go to the beach nearly every weekend, inline skate frequently throughout the week, and do plenty of other outdoor activities with my dog. I just take precautions. Forgive me, but I have seen far too often the damage UV rays can cause to people, and I don't want to end up like that.

tikeyas_mom
08-09-2003, 01:22 AM
I wasnt saying that you were a hermit, but you all are acting as if Sun is such an evil thing. Oh well I will have fun tanning, even though I tend to like the fall and winter seasons alot better, ! Who said I bake ect??? I dont I wear sun tan screen ect, I wear protective wear in the tanning booth.

I am not at all being immature, I am just stating how I feel, in a sarcastic way. lol

ps) I never once "blammed" you for stating the so called facts, I just dont find it usefull, for I believe somthing totally different then you.

it is not a crime.

cheetahgirl
08-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Yes, tanning beds and the sun. They both cause cancer! Its very true you cant deny facts! Over here, no body tans because in our region, everyone has a natural tan and brown or black hair. No one is white enough so no need for tanning. :eek: Tikeyas mom, I feel bad for you that you want to take risk at such young age. You won't get cancer now. Its when you get older, as years go, its a big big possibility. You say if your going to get cancer well you can't stop it and its going to happen. True, but, that doesn't mean you go and expose yourself to risks of cancer every week! Please, if you care for yourself, don't do it. If you don't care about yourself or everyone who loves you, then fine. Go ahead. But if you do. Think over. Why can't you be happy with the skin God gave you? Everyone is different. Black people are made black, whites white, tans tan. What's the big deal? Why can't everyone be happy? Tan people. They always try to get bleaching creams and bleach their skin to turn whiter. White people, they go naked in the sun to turn tan. :rolleyes: What's everyone's problem? Why can't everyone be happy with who they are? It makes me too sad. :( Be happy. Think good of yourself and don't try to change the beautiful things God gave you. :)

tikeyas_mom
08-09-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by cheetahgirl
Yes, tanning beds and the sun. They both cause cancer! Its very true you cant deny facts! Over here, no body tans because in our region, everyone has a natural tan and brown or black hair. No one is white enough so no need for tanning. :eek: Tikeyas mom, I feel bad for you that you want to take risk at such young age. You won't get cancer now. Its when you get older, as years go, its a big big possibility. You say if your going to get cancer well you can't stop it and its going to happen. True, but, that doesn't mean you go and expose yourself to risks of cancer every week! Please, if you care for yourself, don't do it. If you don't care about yourself or everyone who loves you, then fine. Go ahead. But if you do. Think over. Why can't you be happy with the skin God gave you? Everyone is different. Black people are made black, whites white, tans tan. What's the big deal? Why can't everyone be happy? Tan people. They always try to get bleaching creams and bleach their skin to turn whiter. White people, they go naked in the sun to turn tan. :rolleyes: What's everyone's problem? Why can't everyone be happy with who they are? It makes me too sad. :( Be happy. Think good of yourself and don't try to change the beautiful things God gave you. :)

Who said I went to tanning beds to look different, I didnt. I simply said that it is relaxing and it is a HUGE stress reliever. It is for me and my mom, we both go together. I havent been tanning for like 3 months lol. Dont get all choked up about it. I am so pale right now I could blingd you lol. Dont feel bad for me, feel bad for all the ppl all over the world that tan, including everyone I know. it is a common thing, ppl do it, it is like going to the movies, or going to the mall, or getting a facial. lol. I duno it is relaxing lol *well going to the mall isnt relaxing but you know what I mean*.

I am old enough to do as I please anyways, I am 17 years old in septemer and graduating high school in june, I am a big gurl. My mom agrees that tanning is fun lol.

It is sucky though because the cream stuff I put on makes me break out in zits lol. So thats the main reason I havent went tanning for a while hahahaha.

RubyMutt
08-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Once again, I'm not telling you to stop tanning :rolleyes:

It's YOUR life. I'm sorry if it comes back to bite you in your later years.

It's just a proven fact that tanning increases the risk of developing cancer. A PROVEN FACT, not a "so-called" fact. But obviously, you will believe what is convenient for you and that's fine. I guess ignorance is bliss.

Kfamr
08-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Wow.

Can we lower your immaturity level for once T_M?

AHHHHH the sun is out to get us all RUN!!!!!!!!! Be hermits and stay in your house all day it is the only place that is safe.!!!!.

Why are you all arguing about Tanning? It is harmful. It is a proven fact. It causes wrinkles and other skin impurities. It's a proven fact. If you want to put yourself at risks for them, go straight ahead. I won't. All RubyMutt and others are trying to do is inform you and educate you. If you don't give a diddly squat about your conditions 30, 40, years down the road, Well great!

Why argue about it?

And.... T_M,

You're almost 17... And Graduating?!?:eek:

Kfamr
08-09-2003, 09:57 AM

Well Tikeyas_ mom, you are young, and your attitude is very normal, one day you will wake up and I hope for your sake it is not too late.

Not ALL young people are like that. I must not be "Normal". :p :p

Karen
08-09-2003, 10:15 AM
A few years ago, Paul and I helped an friend of mine move. Chris and I are the same age, grew up in the same town, etc. After we went home that day, he asked "What happened to her skin? What's wrong with it?" And I said, "What are you talking about?" and he described what he meant, and I said "Oh, yeah. Chris used to get really tan in the summer, she was a lifeguard, too." That was the difference, I am pale, always have been, wore high-SPF sunblock (and I burn anyway, it's just not as bad) and didn't lie out in the sun. We were 33, and Paul noticed a huge difference in the health of our skin.

Tikeya's Mom, the "tanning" you are doing now is what could kill you later. It is not an instantaneous thing. Most of a person's sun expose comes in the first 18 years of their life. Yes, on of the high-school life guards in my hometown DID get skin cancer while he was still in high school, but for most people, it develops later in life from the expose we get earlier.

Someone said "skin cancer is easily cured if caught early" - ammend that. SOME common types of skin cancer are easily cured if caught early enough. Others are not, and are deadly. One of the people who was at our wedding was dead from skin cancer within the year.

You may think "tanning" is harmless, it's not. I do not hide from the sun, but neither am I stupid about it. I am sorry for you, and hope you will be luckier than most, but don't pass judgement so quickly on people who avoid tans, okay?

Pam
08-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Well I might as well chime in here as I did have a patch of basal cell carcinoma removed from my left arm about 5 years ago. When I was a child (11 yrs. old) we were vacationing in Florida and back then my parents didn't know about sunblocks, etc. (maybe they weren't even invented yet! :rolleyes: ) I can remember it like it was yesterday. We were watching some water skiing event at Cypress Gardens (don't even know if that place is around any more....:rolleyes: ) and I could feel the heat beating on my left arm. Anyway, my arm blistered badly. Long story short - many years later - Presto! Basal Cell Carcinoma! Fortunately that is not the nasty cancer like a melanoma would have been and I am certainly thankful for that!

Tikeyas Mom - you may do whatever you please with your life and your body. That is your choice. The problem is that the choices you make today may come back to haunt you tomorrow. I don't smoke and I don't bake in the sun, both for the same reasons. It's just not good for me. Enough said.

anna_66
08-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Why argue about it?
My thoughts exactly Kay:)

babolaypo65
08-09-2003, 10:51 PM
Yep. Gotta agree. Sadly, I assume I will develop skin cancer at some point. I take care of my skin now... but I was born and raised in NM (very high, no humidty. read:very high UV rays). I was a pool rat, and I'm blond. I was always very, very tan growing up. And burned my nose at least once a year. I'm 38 now. I keep covered now, and have my hair dresser look at my scalp often, and I look for moles and changes, but I still figure it's inevitible. We just didn't know then. Heck, we put coconut OIL on our skin. Hello? Oil is for cooking things....

Tan looks good, I still think so. But it's really not worth it.

carole
08-09-2003, 11:43 PM
I don't think everyone is arguing over the tanning issue, most of us agree with the exception of probably one, that tanning is harmful, most of us just want to inform this person a little better.

Sorry Kay-Ann I forget that some YOUNG ONES have wise heads on their young shoulders.:)

CathyBogart
08-10-2003, 12:14 AM
I've found that 90% of menfind pale women more attractive anyways, at least the ones that I talk to. I'm proud to be pasty! ^.^

RubyMutt
08-10-2003, 12:25 AM
I don't think everyone is arguing over the tanning issue, most of us agree with the exception of probably one, that tanning is harmful, most of us just want to inform this person a little better.

Yes, that's all I'm trying to do.

tikeyas_mom
08-10-2003, 03:02 AM

And.... T_M,

You're almost 17... And Graduating?!?:eek:

yes I started kindergarden when I was 4 turning 5. So that makes me younger then everyone eles, I was born in september and believe it or not but ya, I am not even the yougest in my grade!!! lol . My best friend turns 17 in October and she is 16 right now. I alos have a friend who turns 17 in december and she is 16 right now going into grade 12 like me. it is common to graduate at 17-18 here.

Kfamr
08-10-2003, 03:04 AM
That was very hard to understand but, WOW.

I always thought you to be much, much younger.

primabella
08-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah in Canada we graduate a year early. I also thought you were younger...

Why argue about it?

My thoughts exactly Kay

I agree, if she wants to tan, let her be. It's her own fault that she'll look like a wrinkly ol' prune at 40 (;);) :p) Some people just don't like the facts, nothing you can do.

apcrs5122
08-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Since I go to races (horse, barrel racing) every weekend starting in the morning and ending around 1am, I do get tan. I always wear sunscreen, at least spf45. I have to wear jeans and boots, but I wear tank tops just because it is so hot out. My arms are about the only place where I'm really tan, maybe my face/neck, but not as much. And with my arms being tan, they really aren't that dark. Quite a bit darker than my legs (:o), but they aren't really brown.

It is a fact that tanning beds do cause skin cancer, they're just as bad as being out in the sun. I don't go out and bake, I don't want to grow up and be a prune:p

wolfsoul
08-10-2003, 02:41 PM
yes I started kindergarden when I was 4 turning 5. So that makes me younger then everyone eles, I was born in september and believe it or not but ya, I am not even the yougest in my grade!!! lol . My best friend turns 17 in October and she is 16 right now. I alos have a friend who turns 17 in december and she is 16 right now going into grade 12 like me. it is common to graduate at 17-18 here.

That's like me. I started kindergarten in September at four years, then I turned five in October. So I'm younger than most of my friends and alot of others in my grade. So I'll be graduating at 17.

puppygrrl4eva7
08-10-2003, 04:10 PM
I havent been tanning since last winter but I love going because it is so warm and cowsy .

LoL me too, I just lay back and relax for my 10 mins of warmth. And Yes I know tanning beds can cause cancer, but how many of you go to the pool, beach, park, just outside at all this whole summer? I have been to the pool no more than 5 times the entire summer. I've stayed inside almost the whole summer. And the last time I went to the bed was honestly about a month ago, I don't go like every day:rolleyes: I just go to get a little pigmentation in my skin,other than white!:rolleyes: So if you guys go outside this summer you have the same risk we do for cancer:p Like I said I go for 10 minutes and I stay inside mostly. And for the people who "like" being pale:eek: eck I am so pale the purple under my eyes makes me look like I'm dead. This one bi*** in my gym class would see my legs and say "you have like purple circles on your legs" (cuz I'm so pale) Everyday she said this and I'm like yea I think ya told me that, 100 times, so could ya shut the hell up already?! :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
08-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Yup, I have to watch out in the sun. My dad had skin cancer on his face and they had to go surgery to remove it. He can't feel one side of his nose, but other then that, hes okay.

cubby31682
08-10-2003, 05:26 PM
I am 21 years old, I watched my Mom go through skin cancer and ever since then I try not to tan. I have learned my lesson. My mom is very pale I am just a little darker than she is but not by much. I have only used a tanning bed once which was before my mom had skin cancer. I did try a self tanning lotion one time a few weeks ago, it didn't turn out well at all as soon as I was done I waited 10 minutes like it said then i look and it looked really really bad so I had to go and take another shower. LOL. I learned my lesson from that to.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-10-2003, 07:21 PM
My mom goes tanning, I don't. I just burn, and don't put sunblock on. :rolleyes:

micki76
08-11-2003, 10:00 AM
In the winter, I go usually about twice per month for some color. I’m pale to the point that I can't find foundation that isn’t too dark on me if I don’t tan a tiny bit. Anywhere. I’ve tried every kind and color. I tan occasionally so that I can purchase foundation that doesn’t look foolish on me. I can’t go without foundation because I have very a uneven skin tone and look very blotchy without it. I don’t tan my face though, so without make up I’m very pasty with a glow in the dark face! LOL!

puppygrrl4eva7
08-11-2003, 11:01 AM
Oh yea to go with my lovely white skin:rolleyes: I've got a bazillion frecals:rolleyes: :rolleyes: eck

tikeyas_mom
08-11-2003, 09:07 PM
That was very hard to understand but, WOW.

I always thought you to be much, much younger.

How old are you? I always thought you to be around 14-15. but that is really off topic, I dont know why you always thought of me to be much, much younger, because Im not. :rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
08-11-2003, 09:34 PM
Wow! A very interesting and informative thread. Before I was married, I was always swimming, all summer, every day. I never wore sun block and I never burned. In fact, I usually have a tan within an hour of being out in the sun.

However, after I was married, I quit swimming (no decent pools nearby) and I now I have a hubby who is paranoid that I will burn, and insists that I wear sunblock.

It's good to be informed, and I think I'm going to read up on those websites that were posted.

RubyMutt
08-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Glad to know I could help someone a little :) If you want any more links just let me know :)

Kater
08-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Sunscreen doesn't cause cancer.

I don't completely believe this comment as I've read some articles which claim otherwise. However, I would never use a tanning bed! There are much healthier ways to relax! My Dad has had many benign skin cancers removed from his head, face and arms. But we never know whether the next one might turn out of be melanoma. It breaks my heart that people would bring this upon themselves in this day and age of KNOWLEDGE, his excuse back then was a complete lack of knowledge about the dangers of the sun.

Here is an excerpt from some of the articles I am referring to...

Even if sunscreen blocked UV-A completely, almost no one uses it in the way that grants real protection against sunburn. For sunscreen to live up to its hype, you have to slop it on real thick and reapply it every few hours. We're talking at least one full bottle per person per day at the beach. Meanwhile, the vast majority of sunscreen users apply a thin layer once or twice.

The only proven way to prevent melanoma is to cover up. Our forebears did so in the days before sunscreen. Clearly it worked because melanoma was so rare. It's also what people now do in Australia. White Australians come largely from light-skinned British/Irish stock. Queensland province, in northeastern Australia, has the highest melanoma rate in the world, but as the SCF proudly pointed out when it rebutted Berwick's study, melanoma rates there have started to flatten. What the SCF did not mention is that while the Queensland public health authorities began a big-budget PR campaign promoting sunscreen in 1981, they shifted the campaign's focus a few years ago to strongly encourage people to cover up and stay in the shade.

The Skin Cancer Foundation does acknowledge that sunscreen alone is not enough. You need to wear protective clothing (pricey new fabrics such as Solumbra apparently block both UV-A and UV-B, but a wide hat and long, lightweight summer clothing should suffice), and spend more time in the shade. If you're a beach lover, invest in a sun umbrella. But think twice before you slap on sunscreen. Some cement mixers destroy the roads we're told they build. And some products may contribute to the cancer we're told they prevent.
http://www.motherjones.com/mother_jones/MJ98/wellbeing.html

1. They are powerful free radial generators.
2. They often have strong estrogenic activity.
3. They are synthetic chemicals that are alien to the human body and accumulate in body fat stores.
http://www.skinbiology.com/toxicsunscreens.html

(As for "everything causing sunscreen" I think the cancer epidemic has roots in the recent proliferation of synthetic chemicals in our environment, food and every day lives!!! It really scares me! :( )

The bottom line is this: it looks like no sunscreens are safe. According to our research, sunscreens give users a false sense of security in that, while they effectively prevent sunburn, they do nothing to prevent skin cancer or accelerated aging of the skin.

What's even worse is the fact that both chemical sunscreens (methoxycinnamate, padimate-o and the like) and physical sunblocks (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide) generate free radicals when exposed to sunlight, which then can attack the nuclei of your skin cells and cause mutations. That's right: they can cause skin cancer. Furthermore, sunscreen chemicals have been found to pass through the skin and mimic the effects of estrogen, which may disrupt the delicate balance of the body's natural hormones.

Titanium dioxide is now being used as a new treatment for window glass because it attacks and degrades anything that touches it, thereby helping to keep windows clean. You probably don't want to have anything attacking your skin!

Our recommendation: Loose-fitting clothing, big hats and shady trees.
http://www.terressentials.com/faq.html

No one has to believe me or believe these articles. I'm still questioning it all myself---- but as the sunscreen industry is such a huge business I think a problem such as this would be kept under wraps.

wolf_Q
08-11-2003, 10:38 PM
I've never used a tanning bed. I have a very distinct farmers tan on my arms. My legs are fairly white, I don't wear shorts often. I never wear sunscreen either and I guess I should. :o Of course I really don't go out all that much...

Kfamr
08-12-2003, 11:33 AM
How old are you? I always thought you to be around 14-15. but that is really off topic, I dont know why you always thought of me to be much, much younger, because Im not. :rolleyes:

I'm 15.
That's a first since alot of people always thought I was older!:)

You just seem to act alot younger, in my opinion. :)

popcornbird
08-13-2003, 12:20 AM
My natural skin color is tan, so I wouldn't need to tan, however, if I was white, I would NEVER take the risks involved just to change my skin color. I hate the way some women lie naked in bikinis at the beach to get tan. Yuck. Its SO sickening to see them. I don't agree with tanning by the sun or by a tanning bed. Both cause much harm, and I find no reason why anyone would want to change the skin color God gave them. Everyone is different and everyone has different skin. Be happy with who you are. :p

shais_mom
08-13-2003, 12:41 AM
I agree with Karen, yes most melanoma's can be caught early but on areas of your body that you can't see very well, if they progress, it is possible that it can metastasize into your lungs, liver, and bone. Way to late to catch, and if that happens........
Course I say this tongue in cheek b/c I have tanned for the last 2 summers. Last year I tanned b/c I wanted a base tan before I went to AZ and this year I was in a wedding. I haven't tanned since the end of June tho, so I am getting paler and paler everyday.
Oh well.
And BTW I also work in the xray dept. So I am doubling up on my radiation exposure!

shais_mom
08-13-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
naked in bikinis at the beach to get tan. :p

How can you be naked and in a bikini???:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Almost naked yes.
But
NEKKID?!

popcornbird
08-13-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
How can you be naked and in a bikini???:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Almost naked yes.
But
NEKKID?!

LOL! :eek: Well, most bikinis expose so much that the person wearing them is practically naked. They are nasty though. :eek: I consider *bikini people* naked. If I can't look at them, they're naked alright. :eek: EWWW

I fail to understand how people could lie like that, feeling no shame or embarrassment. :eek:

wolfsoul
08-13-2003, 09:15 PM
I like to wear bikinis :p But I like ones that don't really....show much. None of those thong bikinis :S I saw a lady suntanning in one when I was about 7 years old. And it was umm...revealing.

I'm wearing a bikini top right now! lol. (with shorts too haha). I've only ever worn one once out in public.

andrea_NMAggie
08-13-2003, 11:18 PM
I find that my mood is affected (positively) when I tan in a bed. I grew up in TX, and now live in WA, so the rainy season tends to bring me down...that and working 10 hour days, and not "getting" to see the sun. I don't tan excessively, but like having a little 'color' to my skin during the summer months too...hehe...tan fat looks better than white fat (a little joke with my co-workers)

2kitties
08-14-2003, 08:40 AM
I love bikinis! I don't wear the thong ones, because I don't want to hurt anyone or blind them...;) , but I'm a bikini girl on the beach. Now, bikinis are not made for the grocery store, but on the beach or by the pool, I say go for it!

carole
08-14-2003, 03:18 PM
PCB I guess people are just showing off what God or their parents gave them (depending on their belief), now I am not saying I would wear these skimpy thing , even if I had the perfect body, but each to their own, I guess if youv'e got why not flaunt it.

Some people like nudists , think their is no shame in exposing the human body, now I am not saying I agree with them, as long as they have their beaches, and I don't have to observe them I am ok with that, bit off topic here, but just commenting on your comments PCB.

But hey I know where you are coming from.:)

P.S. actually a women was wearing a thong at our local family pools, she was the ONLY ONE , and I must say it kinda annoyed me, so when it comes down to it, I am as conservative as the next person.

2kitties
08-14-2003, 03:57 PM
PCB I guess people are just showing off what God or their parents gave them

lol... or what they spend countless hours at the gym to get...

popcornbird
08-14-2003, 08:56 PM
PCB I guess people are just showing off what God or their parents gave them (depending on their belief), now I am not saying I would wear these skimpy thing , even if I had the perfect body, but each to their own, I guess if youv'e got why not flaunt it.

Some people like nudists , think their is no shame in exposing the human body, now I am not saying I agree with them, as long as they have their beaches, and I don't have to observe them I am ok with that, bit off topic here, but just commenting on your comments PCB.

But hey I know where you are coming from.:)

P.S. actually a women was wearing a thong at our local family pools, she was the ONLY ONE , and I must say it kinda annoyed me, so when it comes down to it, I am as conservative as the next person.

LOL! You know, I really can't stand it when I see a women walking around in a bikini, without a towel on anything, just walking around bare. It makes me gag. If you're happy with the way you look, great, but no need to go around showing the whole world! :eek: I don't go to the pool for this reason. I cannot stand looking at people in thong bikinis. Its just.........ewww. When we were is Yosemite just a few days ago, we were hiking up the mountain, and EVERYONE was well clothed, wearing pants and a shirt, or decent sized shorts. Out of the blues, this girl runs in front of us, probably somewhere between 16-18 years old. She wasn't even very skinny, and wearing the nastiest bikini you could imagine. It was like she was walking naked, seriously. You could even see part of *cough cough* well, you know what parts. I nearly threw up seeing her it was so nasty. Yosemite is not a pool or a beach girl! Bikinis are not hiking clothes! :eek: She was shamelessly walking about and jumping around in front of the world. Everyone was closing their eyes, some were snickering, some were like :eek::eek:, but you could tell, no one was happy about a 99.5% naked girl walking in front of them. We couldn't stand walking behind her, so we hiked down and went to another path far from her to hike in peace. :p When we went back to the hotel for the night, my mom was talling my dad, "I cannot BELIEVE how a girl so young could just lose her natural shyness and shame and walk in front of the world like that!"

Ewww. She looked nasty. :eek: LOL

I come from a conservative family, and dressing like that is a disgrace, in my opinion. I like to cover myself up. :p

babolaypo65
08-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Or what the surgeon gave them?

Originally posted by 2kitties
lol... or what they spend countless hours at the gym to get...

2kitties
08-15-2003, 08:29 AM
Yesterday I ran six miles and weight trained for 45 minutes. I do this 6 days per week. I've never had any cosmetic surgery. I eat right and resist the urge to pull over at the nearest McDonalds. It is something I work hard for and of which I am proud.
Again, I'm not interested in wearing a thong, or hiking or grocery shopping in a bathing suit.
But I have no problem with bikinis on a beach or pool, where they belong.

Kfamr
08-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Bikinis are fine at the pool or beach as long as the girls aren't being ho-bags with their bottoms or breasts hanging out.

Atleast cover your caboose and milk bags!

micki76
08-15-2003, 04:27 PM
Bikinis are fine at the pool or beach as long as the girls aren't being ho-bags with their bottoms or breasts hanging out.

Milk bags!!! :eek: :D Funny, KayAnn!! :D

But, yeah. Cover them. Karen, We need a smilie for grossed out!!! :p

Cheshirekatt
08-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by micki76
In the winter, I go usually about twice per month for some color. I’m pale to the point that I can't find foundation that isn’t too dark on me if I don’t tan a tiny bit. Anywhere. I’ve tried every kind and color. I tan occasionally so that I can purchase foundation that doesn’t look foolish on me. I can’t go without foundation because I have very a uneven skin tone and look very blotchy without it. I don’t tan my face though, so without make up I’m very pasty with a glow in the dark face! LOL!

lololol

I used to wear a foundation named, Kabuki! :D Talk about pale!

Then I found custom blend foundation and it changed my life!

CathyBogart
08-17-2003, 01:33 PM

LOL! I can't agree more! I don't own any bikinis that would make Brian jealous to see other guys looking at me in. :)