PDA

View Full Version : Dogs on Parade

tatsxxx11
01-01-2002, 04:57 PM
Did anyone watch the Rose Bowl Parade?? Bella, the heroic rescue dog we have come to know and love here on Pet Talk was supposed to be on the last float. But that float was for war veterans. Two of the last three floats were however doggie related. One was of a dog rescue group, with a big St. Bernard atop the float. It went by so fast and they focused mainly on the flowers used and they didn't mention or show Bella! :( Does anyone know if she was there?? The other float represented Guide Dogs for the Blind! The special honoree was the yellow lab Roselle who guided her guardian down 75 flights of stairs to safety at the WTC before it's collapse. And I burst into tears (what's new?? :D) when I saw the proud, dignified, elegant faces of the doggie marchers, labs, goldens, GSD's and mixes! Ahhhhhhhh! I can't stand it....I love dogs!!!!!

[ January 01, 2002: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

*LabLoverKEB*
01-01-2002, 05:56 PM
Darn, I didn't see it! :( I wish I could've seen it! Thanks Sandra! ;)

Logan
01-01-2002, 06:06 PM
As hard as I was trying to watch it on NBC, Sandra, I did not see enough of it. I mostly listened to my cousin, Nancy, along with Al Roker, but didn't watch very much at all. I should have because I wanted to watch for those special pups at the end.

I'm sure HGTV will show it again. Maybe we can see it then with the dogs included, only someone other than Nancy will be hosting it! :D

mugsy
01-01-2002, 06:48 PM
Ok, I'm officially depressed, I didn't see it either. I don't do well watching parades on TV, so I moved on too fast.

lizbud
01-01-2002, 07:00 PM
No I didn't see Bella either but did look
for her on the last float. Like you Sandra,
I saw mostly flowers on the float & it moved
much to fast to see anything.Let's hope one of the Search & Rescue handlers was there to
snap a picture of Bella..

TheAntiPam
01-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Oh, wow, I feel so lucky, because I DID see Bella! She was indeed on the last float, the one that had the Uncle Sam on the motorcycle and the Statue of Liberty - I think the sponsor was the Veterans of Foreign Wars. But, the announcer mentioned that it was to honor all uniformed service people - hence the police, fire, rescue etc. They did mention Bella and her handler! :D

I have to admit, being only a few miles from Pasadena, I had several TV channels to choose from, and the one I KNOW had Bella shown was Channel 5 KTLA the WB affiliate. Here's a link to the float info, although Bella is not mentioned specifically.

http://www.ktla.com/entertainment/roseParade2002/line-up/106.htm

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: TheAntiPam ]

Sudilar
01-02-2002, 09:40 AM
I missed it! I would have loved to see Bella and all the other dogs honored!! I get so moved by the heroics of dogs!

jackiesdaisy1935
01-02-2002, 09:54 AM
Darn, I missed it too, does anybody know if it will be repeated on tv?
Jackie

jennifert
01-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Logan, the hostess was your cousin!?!? How neat is that! i only watched the parade for a few minutes as I had a million things to do yesterday!

ShepherdLover
01-02-2002, 11:32 AM
I missed it! I would've loved to see it! It must've been so cool! :)

Logan
01-02-2002, 11:38 AM
She is, Jennifer. We are all so proud of her. Wouldn't know that we came from the same gene pool by looking at us though! LOL!

tatsxxx11
01-02-2002, 04:42 PM
Jackie, the HGTV showing was repeated last night. I know you can buy the tape of the parade from the Home and Garden website though @ www.hgtv.com (http://www.hgtv.com)

KYS
01-02-2002, 06:31 PM
I only watched part of the parade but
I did see the Guide Dog float and
when they told the story of the
yellow lab and guiding her owner down
the 75 flights of stars from the Twin towers, I was crying my eyes out.
Gee Sandra, we could have been
crying in unison and started a flood. ;)