PDA

View Full Version : Arnold as CA Governer???

Pages : 1 [2]

captain
10-08-2003, 12:26 AM
RICHARD - so, ......... come on .......... comment please!!!!!

kohala
10-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by captain
RICHARD - so, ......... come on .......... comment please!!!!!
I'm watching Ahnie's acceptance. He spoke well, and I really liked his "no, no, no" to the audience when he was acknowledging Davis' call to him as "gracious" and someone started to make negative comments.

popcornbird
10-08-2003, 12:48 AM
OMG! He won! :eek: The governor of California's an actor! :eek::eek: How funny! :p I hope he'll do a good job! We'll see. :p

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 12:53 AM
it's arnie's night.......

I just hope we can all take a little lesson from the GOV and
try to break down the party lines.......

Give the guy a chance......

Clint Eastwood, Sonny Bono, Ronald Reagan and now the Gropena.......;)

Arhnold......

Give the guy a chance.....I am excited about him bringing back a little excitement to politics and the state....

By the way......

All of you who think he should not have won still have a chance to move here so you can vote in the next election...

And remember when you start to recall your politicos, remember who showed you just HOW TO DO IT!!!

Soledad
10-08-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by kohala
I'm watching Ahnie's acceptance. He spoke well, and I really liked his "no, no, no" to the audience when he was acknowledging Davis' call to him as "gracious" and someone started to make negative comments.

These sorts of things are routinely staged. The same thing happened at Gray Davis' speech. It's an attempt to make them look like good winners/losers.:rolleyes:

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Soledad
These sorts of things are routinely staged. The same thing happened at Gray Davis' speech. It's an attempt to make them look like good winners/losers.:rolleyes:

come on,

turn that frown upside down!!!!!!!

;)

Miss Meow
10-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
come on,

turn that frown upside down!!!!!!!

;)

Has someone hacked Richard's account? This cannot be him!!! Maybe Ahnold's first pledge was to distribute happy gas free of charge to disgruntled voters :eek:

KYS
10-08-2003, 05:23 AM
posted by RICHARD:Give the guy a chance......>>>>>>

Well looks like I have a new Boss.
I am weiry, since I have no idea what he and "HIS"
people stand for to get us out of this dept.
I will give the guy a chance, sit back and watch.
I hope Arnie and his mentors do what is right for Calif.
(and hope he doesn't mostly help the Rich and big business)

Did anybody notice how skinny Marie looks?
I thought she looked like a skeleton with skin.
(and they say the TV makes you look 10 pounds heavier)

Logan
10-08-2003, 06:47 AM
I hope people will give him a chance to fix things before passing judgement on him. The problems didn't happen overnight, and the "fixing" isn't going to happen overnight either. I really do hope that things will settle down.

And yes, Karen, Maria Shriver looks like a skeleton! Talk about seeing one's bone structure..........she is a rail!! :)

kohala
10-08-2003, 08:02 AM

:D LOL! Soledad, I am so busted trying to convince myself I bought the hype! Thanks for the reality check.

It's his advisors that won, and I seem to have been assimilated into the apathetic masses as I have no idea who his advisors are. I take it Uncle Ted isn't one of them! Or . . ?

It will be interesting to see if he gets the audit going. Having seen many an audit over my career, though, I'm a little cynical about the results of any audit conducted.

Frankly, there wasn't anyone running I cared for, including the incumbant. I don't think "recall" is a good precedent, but now that it is over, I just want to move on, and hope for the best (possible).

lbaker
10-08-2003, 08:09 AM
I remember one of his "advisors" was some guy named Buffett, and I was disappointed to find out it wasn't Jimmy Buffett :p

kohala
10-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
I remember one of his "advisors" was some guy named Buffett, and I was disappointed to find out it wasn't Jimmy Buffett :p

LOL! The original Parrothead from Fla as advisor! Works for me! I actually thought of you this morning, Laurie, as I watched the news and heard Arnie talking about "reaching out" and (I really do support him, but my twisted side took over) all I could hear in my head was, "Reach out, reach out and grope somebody" (you know the tune).

lbaker
10-08-2003, 08:25 AM
so your twisted side takes over and you think of ME :D I'm touched (or groped :confused: ) ;) :D ;)

gini
10-08-2003, 08:30 AM
How often did you use the word "grope" until this past week?

Rio and Me
10-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Dont know much about this subject but he should be an asset to politics and i hope he puts right what others have ruined!!!

Soledad
10-08-2003, 10:14 AM
Oh, I'm not sad/mad. I'm eager to see how this all pans out. I have my own predictions.

catland
10-08-2003, 10:18 AM
But the really big question is - Does this mean that we'll be spared a T-4? :p

babolaypo65
10-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Well, when you put it THAT way, perhaps its worth the sacrifice...

Originally posted by catland
But the really big question is - Does this mean that we'll be spared a T-4? :p

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 11:37 AM
Well, it looks like it's almost time to put this thread to sleep.

Before THAT happens….

For being nothing more than an idea, politics is truly an evil problem on the planet.
It's killed, taken over countries, made mad men, destroyed countries and ??????
Maybe we need to take the 'sides' out of the whole process and unite under a leader,
As opposed to lifting stones by the side of the road looking for more dirt on people.

The last 'perfect' person that was qualified for office walked on water,. fed the masses, performed
miracles and was nailed to a big cross…….and even then I kinda doubt he would have made the cut.

And while Cahleeforneeuh may be the laughing stock of the planet I only have a few words for all
of you……..

Get your own movie star.

While all the rest of you all were laughing at the candidates and stories about the politics here, I was
really excited that people were taking it very seriously. There was a fantastic turnout and I waited 30 minutes to vote, usually I enter my polling place and it's a few of the poll workers, the machines and me.
I do like the fact that some of the women offer you coffee and a donut and try to get you to hang out with them….not last night, it was all business.

Yes, we ARE crazy in Cahleeforneeuh…..remember that, should you stop in anytime soon!
I am sure that part of the insanity is based on what we do within the boundaries of our state.
I do detect a bit of jealousy and disdain…..could it be that on other places on the planet the people
can't call on a system to get rid of the jokers running THEIR country??????

Yep, Ahrnold is all about make believe and selling movie tickets….Some polititians don't bother with
the selling tickets part……they only believe in the make believe.

Either we will fall on out faces or turn this state around…..Yep, we'll get what we deserve…. give us
some time! You may get to laugh some more or say- begrudgingly- hey, IT worked for them…….

I really hate politics…..I really do……but it gives me great pleasure to make fun of all the tight arsed
people who take a conccept that is supposed to be FOR THE PEOPLE and turn it into a left/right, right/wrong issue……..

Hopefully some of the morons and idiots you have running the henhouse in your area will look at what happened here and take heed…..maybe they'll shake in their boots and start to look into rules, trying to
see if THEY can be recalled……Holding office may get back to being a position/job that people will
respect and honor….

An actor for governor??

It happened before and we survived that era….

Hang loose folks……..it's only politics.

P.S. Logan ;)

catland
10-08-2003, 11:46 AM
One of the things that made this race so exciting was the short duration. Presidential politics are so boring when the candidates start stumping two years ahead of time.

I'm less concerned with the politicians than I am the media giants who are really the thought-police and who forgot that the only place they were supposed to express an opinion was on the op/ed page.

I think that its great that politicians are getting scared.

Good luck California - I hope it works out for you.:)

2kitties
10-08-2003, 11:56 AM
I'm sure the media are very excited about the future of the term "governator."

jonza
10-08-2003, 12:08 PM
All this makes me think that perhaps Sylvester Stallone should have run for President!

And surely Mr Bean would be the perfect Prime Minister for the Brits?

… and Crocodile Dundee for the Aussies perhaps?

Any more irrelevant suggestions?

Logan
10-08-2003, 12:17 PM
My thought and hope is that Arnold will bring some very necessary businesslike approaches to running the government of California, something that most politicians lack. Maybe he's just the one to make this thing work!!!!

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by jonza
All this makes me think that perhaps Sylvester Stallone should have run for President!

And surely Mr Bean would be the perfect Prime Minister for the Brits?

… and Crocodile Dundee for the Aussies perhaps?

If there is a shortage of Danish actors we CAN
send you Gary Coleman!

After all, the Danish polititians sending a submarine to a desert war still has me scratching my head.

Irrelevant?

Isn't that the big gray animal with the ears and tusks?:eek:

slick
10-08-2003, 01:10 PM
We can send you Stompin Tom Connors.....

gini
10-08-2003, 01:41 PM
I really think that you have to be here to fully understand.

The cost of California government has gone up 100% in ten years.

Why?

We are 38 billion dollars in debt -

Why?

These are just two questions when there are hundreds more.

The politicans need to be turned upside down and shaken a bit. We had the largest voter turn out in years. No question there, everyone knows the answer to why so many turned out.

Most of the people I talked to said that they wanted McClintock, but they knew that he would never win - so they went with Arnold.

I saw an article that suggested every politican should be shaking in their boots. If it happened here - it could happen in their state too. People are unhappy.

Now - it just a wait and see (and pray really hard).

lbaker
10-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I mean that sincerely, no joking around. Washington DC is still trying to recover from that freakazoid Mayor-for-life Marion Barry and California and my Maryland aren't the only states reeling financially. Arnold certainly isn't in it for the fame or money & I for one have to think he's sincere in wanting to help to make things right. I wish him luck. Now where is the bartender, I think we all could use a stiff drink ;)

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Washington DC is still trying to recover from that freakazoid Mayor-for-life Marion Barry

funny story,

about the time the MB fiasco was happening I was looking at pies at the supermarket....I came across one that was made from MARION berries....

I laughed and shrugged it off....until I saw a MARION berry pie somewhere else.... to this day I'm not sure if i was having my leg pulled or ????

I truly believe that the politicos have painted themselves into a corner with their behaviors, broken promises and scandals......

if a polititian can't do it maybe a movie star can....

lbaker
10-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Marion Berry's are for real! I believe they are mostly found in the Pacific NW. The Marion Berry Preserves were big sellers here for awhile with bad jokes being made about what they were "preserved" with :rolleyes:

catland
10-08-2003, 02:51 PM
This is your Pac NW representative checking in. Yes Virginia, there really is a marion berry. And they are absolutely delicious.
:D

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 03:03 PM
This is your Pac NW representative checking in. Yes Virginia, there really is a marion berry. And they are absolutely delicious.
:D

I GUESS I could do search on the web, but it's far more entertaining hearing it from my PNW rep...

At least you didn't call me Shirley.....;)

lol,
Laurie, that's almost in my backyard!!!

catland
10-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Now where is the bartender, I think we all could use a stiff drink ;)

Looks like its time for someone to open the bar. I've had the honor on many occasions - anyone else care to start the thread?:)

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Looks like its time for someone to open the bar. I've had the honor on many occasions - anyone else care to start the thread?:)

ME, ME, ME!!!!

Miss Meow
10-08-2003, 05:04 PM

While all the rest of you all were laughing at the candidates and stories about the politics here, I was
really excited that people were taking it very seriously. There was a fantastic turnout and I waited 30 minutes to vote, usually I enter my polling place and it's a few of the poll workers, the machines and me.
I do like the fact that some of the women offer you coffee and a donut and try to get you to hang out with them….not last night, it was all business.

Yes, we ARE crazy in Cahleeforneeuh…..remember that, should you stop in anytime soon!
I am sure that part of the insanity is based on what we do within the boundaries of our state.
I do detect a bit of jealousy and disdain…..could it be that on other places on the planet the people
can't call on a system to get rid of the jokers running THEIR country?????? ...

I heard that the voter turnout was a record? If Arnie has helped generate interest in politics and having residents CARE about who's running the state, then it's a good thing. What happens next will be interesting viewing, though ... :)

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
I heard that the voter turnout was a record? If Arnie has helped generate interest in politics and having residents CARE about who's running the state, then it's a good thing. What happens next will be interesting viewing, though ... :)

Yes, it was a record!

The energy crisis here was the last straw...along with some other stupid laws that were passed in the last few months. The people are fed up with the BS we have been fed for all these years.

Yes, the next few months will be interesting, that's what makes it exciting!! You can be sure should he screw up he'll hear about it!

We'll be starting out with a new slate when he is sworn in....The future is always a bit more interesting when you don't know what's coming down the pipe.

Here are the vote counts for ALL the candidates!!!

http://lang.dailynews.com/elex/alljs.asp?papername=dailynews

Kfamr
10-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Hahahaa.. he's on the news right now;; Geez, the guy can barely speak English properly.

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Hahahaa.. he's on the news right now;; Geez, the guy can barely speak English properly.

And what is Jeb's problem?:p

mugsy
10-08-2003, 05:41 PM

And Jeb's brother?????

Cataholic
10-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Wow, he took some serious votes, didn't he? I agree...the politicos aren't doing it, with all their 'experience'...so, let's see what Arnie does? At least you know he is strong enough to go the distance, he he he...

mugsy
10-08-2003, 05:51 PM
I have anothe question for all of you...

Have any of you seen the movie "Dave" with Kevin Kline? This sounds remotely familiar......

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Wow, he took some serious votes, didn't he? I agree...the politicos aren't doing it, with all their 'experience'...so, let's see what Arnie does? At least you know he is strong enough to go the distance, he he he...

I don't see any problem with his taking the weight of Cahleeforneeuh on his shoulders.:eek:

Mugs,

Wrong thread.....It's movie day over there at the 'bar'.....

Ladies,
Head on over......we're gonna have a party.

2kitties
10-08-2003, 06:50 PM

Well, he has an accent, but in fact he speaks the english language better than many members of this board!;)
I say Go Arnold. I don't know if he'll be a good governor or not. But I imagine he'll be as good as most. And it's a pretty neat story. He comes to America with $20 in his pocket. I think that speaks pretty well for our Land of Opportunity.

I have to wonder if, when she married Mr. Universe/Movie Star, Maria thought she'd still be stuck to her family's political legacy... AND WITH A REPUBLICAN!

RICHARD
10-08-2003, 07:02 PM
AHEM....

Florida??? are you out there???

It was just reported that OUR election was the smoothest we have had in 20 years.....there were some problems- the fact we literally had a couple of months to figure things out may have been a problem but it never entered the equation.....

Did I mention we had 2/3rds LESS polling venues????

2kitties,

Y in da world would U be saying THAT 4????
:confused:;)

gini
10-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Richard, ah, that's a lower case "u", if u know what I mean.

Kfamr
10-08-2003, 10:09 PM

Jeb who?:p

I don't even pay attention to politics. :p

RICHARD
10-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Jeb who?:p

I don't even pay attention to politics. :p

And somehow, I suspect politicians do not pay attention to us.....

lbaker
10-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Come on, you remember Jeb - Jeb Clampett from the oilfields to Beverly Hills, talked real funny and..... oh wait, that was JeD wasn't it. Nevermind ;) :rolleyes: ;)

jonza
10-10-2003, 01:33 PM
After all, the Danish polititians sending a submarine to a desert war still has me scratching my head.

I’m sure there are a lot of things you don’t understand Richard (as all of us), but perhaps you should have a little more respect for the foreign politicians who tried to support you with your invasion, even if it was only symbolic and from a “small, insignificant country”. I can’t see any valid reason for making sarcastic comments about it. Unfortunately it can seem very arrogant and superficial to a lot of people outside America.

Surely the Americans also sent submarines to the desert war? They seem to have sent half their navy at least. Does that have you scratching your head too? :confused:

RICHARD
10-10-2003, 02:15 PM
I’m sure there are a lot of things you don’t understand Richard (as all of us), but perhaps you should have a little more respect for the foreign politicians who tried to support you with your invasion, even if it was only symbolic and from a “small, insignificant country”. I can’t see any valid reason for making sarcastic comments about it. Unfortunately it can seem very arrogant and superficial to a lot of people outside America.

Surely the Americans also sent submarines to the desert war? They seem to have sent half their navy at least. Does that have you scratching your head too? :confused:

Yes, I can't seem to get the hang of the Origami
swans......

I do respect foreign politicians, but when accused of invading countries and people put words into my mouth (small insignificant?????? Did I say that?????)...now, I am scratching

Of course, sarcastic remarks about making RAMBO my president obviously don't count.....He's only an actor......TOUCHE'! It seems you don't respect OUR THESPIANS...

Americans are arrrogant and superficial!

I mean, who brought you the Hummer, velcro, drive by shootings, Michael Jackson, Puff Daddy and MacDonald's??

There's hell to pay for subjecting the rest of the world to that! And we will pay for everything eventually.....Just put in on my AMEX for the meantime!

The superficiality confounds me......Just because we are obssessed with plastic surgery doesn't mean we are superficial! The rest of the world need not follow.

We only sent half our navy because ALL THE SHIPS wouldn't fit into the Gulf......
Have you seen our aircraft carriers??? I am in agreement, 80 aircraft on one ship.....American overkill.

My only concern is that more people can't find a common thread, laughing about more things and realizing what parody is.

You make valid points...but DUDE.......Loosen up a little!

My fear is dying at my desk, slumped over my keyboard because someone posted a message on the Internet that made me blow a seal...

If I ever met you we could probably sit down and drink some of that watered down crap we call beer over here, laugh, joke around - then get our arses kicked by the cops walking home....

You are a nice guy, you've got chutzpah.....I have no problem with any other country, their politicians or citizens....

It's when people crash airplanes into our buildings, our space shuttles blow up, hurricanes
tear up our cities and our soldiers die on foreign
land ---- that really knocks us down a well deserved notch.....

Americans never seem to learn that we will fail at some point or another.......we just keep trying.

I have to go, my head itches!

2kitties
10-10-2003, 02:22 PM

I mean, who brought you the Hummer, velcro, drive by shootings, Michael Jackson, Puff Daddy and MacDonald's??

It's P Diddy now, not Puff Daddy. Get with the program Richard.:rolleyes: :p

RICHARD
10-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
It's P Diddy now, not Puff Daddy. Get with the program Richard.:rolleyes: :p

I guess that invalidates my whole arguement.
I am sorry I wasted your time.....

*P Diddy???? What IS on his birth certificate??*:confused:

2kitties
10-10-2003, 02:40 PM
I"m not sure how this really fits into this thread, but this is one of the most patriotic statements I've ever heard about my country. When faced with bitterness from other countries and an outcry of hatred toward us, I think this is a nice thought.

Following is a quote from a forum featuring Colin Powell to young people in the UK and USA.

QUESTION: I'm wondering, when I talk to my friends about the U.S., we think about how do you feel about representing a country commonly perceived as the Satan of contemporary politics?

SECRETARY POWELL: Seen as what?

QUESTION: As the Satan of contemporary politics.

SECRETARY POWELL: Satan? Oh. Well, I reject the characterization. Quite the contrary. I think the American people, the United States of America, presents a value system to the rest of the world that is based on democracy, based on economic freedom, based on the individual rights of men and women. That is what has fueled this country of ours for the last 225 years.

I think that's what makes us such as draw for nations around the world. People come to the United States. They come to be educated. They come to become Americans. We are a country of countries, and we touch every country, and every country in the world touches us.

So, far from being the Great Satan, I would say that we are the Great Protector. We have sent men and women from the armed forces of the United States to other parts of the world throughout the past century to put down oppression. We defeated Fascism. We defeated Communism. We saved Europe in World War I and World War II. We were willing to do it, glad to do it. We went to Korea. We went to Vietnam. All in the interest of preserving the rights of people.

And when all those conflicts were over, what did we do? Did we stay and conquer? Did we say" "Okay, we defeated Germany. Now Germany belongs to us? We defeated Japan, so Japan belongs to us"? No. What did we do? We built them up. We gave them democratic systems which they have embraced totally to their soul. And did we ask for any land? No, the only land we ever asked for was enough land to bury our dead And that is the kind of nation we are. So, far from being the Satan, I think we are the protector of a universal value system that more and more people are recognizing as the correct value system: democracy, economic freedom, the individual rights of men and women to pursue their own destiny. That's what we stand for, and that's what we try to help other countries achieve as well

lbaker
10-10-2003, 02:43 PM
"...... OUR THESPIANS..."
This reminds me, when my daughter and her best friend were in 9th grade they came home from school and told her friends mother they had decided to join the Thespian Club. Friends mother went
ewwwwwwwwww That's disgusting :eek: :rolleyes: needless to say we still joke about that whenever we all get together. Come on folks... this was supposed to be a light thread after all :)

RICHARD
10-10-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
I"m not sure how this really fits into this thread, but this is one of the most patriotic statements I've ever heard about my country.

Well, THAT'S nice....

Here I am trying to get people warmed up to the fact that we aren't really the blowhards the world THINKS we are and YOU go ahead and post an article
like that....

Why didn't you just throw in the fact that we have done more in 225 years than most of the world has done in thousands???? ;)

Laurie,

I like to watch two thespians together....I'm not into soliloquy.

Soledad
10-10-2003, 03:14 PM
It's a nice thought but it ain't gonna solve our problems.

I think the reason we are viewed so poorly is far more complicated than that. But I guess we can keep on going the route we're going and keep opening ourselves to more hatred and terrorism.

It kinds of reminds me of a pretty, snotty girl not understanding why others dislike her. Everytime she gets criticized she just blows it off as jealousy on everyone else's part.

2kitties
10-10-2003, 03:21 PM
It kinds of reminds me of a pretty, snotty girl not understanding why others dislike her. Everytime she gets criticized she just blows it off as jealousy on everyone else's part.

Sometimes it is jealousy.

In the very same forum that I quoted earlier, another student from Afganistan asked Powell why the US had done nothing to help the pright of Afgans prior to Sept. 11. He replied that we'd been active in aid.

But, my point would've been to tell people to stop talking out both sides of their mouths. We get crucified when we go in and create a presence, but if we don't, they complain just the same.

"The US should mind their own business and stop policing the world" or "Why hasn't the US been here to help us when we're hungry or oppressed."

Geez, make up your mind!

Soledad
10-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Well, oddly enough, "the rest of the world" does not speak with one voice. Different countries have different beefs with the U.S.

What SHOULD make Americans sit up and take notice is that anti-Americanism is growing in English speaking countries like the U.K., Australia, NZ and Canada. Surely, this is a clear warning sign.

But whatever. Keep on trucking and chalking it up to jealousy.

RICHARD
10-10-2003, 03:27 PM

True,

Good girls go to heaven,

Pretty, snotty girls go EVERYWHERE!!!

People happen to rely on THEIR governments to make them feel good..

I'd be kinda pissed off when I see pictures of American culture (paved roads, electricity, hospitals, food and culture)while I am living in a mud shack and the government is in NO POSITION to help me out.

The rest of the voices you hear are from the folks who mistakenly think out invasion is all about
taking the world over....

We have them eating Quarter Pounders already, watching our films and listening to our music...

I really hate world conquest....it takes so much time out of our recreational schedule.

HERE'S my question....

Where were all the 'Feed this, International That
Rescue What? organizations' while Saddam, Idi, Pol, Fidel and Osama were jerking the people around.

Watch the beginning of BLACKHAWK DOWN and you'll see the stupidity of man.....

One set is stealing the food meant for the poor.

The other is trying to protect the food distributions and is worried about firing back because they are NOT BEING fired upon.

It's too bad other people have that anti-american
sentiment.....

Foreign folks should stop buying our Nikes, Levis -enslaving their people when our big businesses come knocking on their doors for cheap labor- and protest when we put a MacDonald's on every corner.

Oh wait a second, IT'S NOT THE PEOPLE, it's their
politicians that take the money that allows us to infiltrate their lands....

gini
10-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Well, oddly enough, "the rest of the world" does not speak with one voice. Different countries have different beefs with the U.S.

What SHOULD make Americans sit up and take notice is that anti-Americanism is growing in English speaking countries like the U.K., Australia, NZ and Canada. Surely, this is a clear warning sign.

But whatever. Keep on trucking and chalking it up to jealousy.

Somehow the big word V O T E keeps popping into my head.

2kitties
10-10-2003, 03:50 PM
I don't recall using the quoted term "rest of the world".

Soledad
10-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Well, I can remove my quotation marks if that makes you feel better. Doesn't have any bearing on the argument though.:rolleyes:

Who is "they" if not the rest of the world??? It's always easy to cop out of a debate by focusing on irrelevant details, but try and take the higher road...

mugsy
10-10-2003, 06:24 PM
I have a novel idea.....how about we stop being crappy in a thread that was meant to be humorous? Drop it already or start another thread. I'm sorry, I have had a bad day and thought I would be reading humor on this thread which is why I picked it. Oh well, I'll just shut up and go away now..........

catland
10-10-2003, 06:46 PM
mugsy - go to "what songs do you sing to your pets" in General.

It will turn your frown upside down.:( :)

RICHARD
10-10-2003, 07:02 PM
hokay,

did you hear that Ahrnold will proclaim the new state car of CA the Hummer?

Bill Clinton is moving west........

mugsy
10-10-2003, 07:26 PM
hokay,

Now THAT made me laugh!! Thanks.

I will try that cat...

kohala
10-10-2003, 09:52 PM
hokay,

LOL! What, Bill - not Monica?