PDA

View Full Version : Candle campaign

2kitties
08-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Everyone, a very dear friend of mine helped her 21year old kitty cross the bridge this evening. The vet came to her home and he passed peacefully. He's been her best friend for her entire adult life, having come to her as a kitten when she first left home. In his recent years, he lost his sight, but never his gentle purr and love.

If you have a chance tonight, please light a candle for Kioki. He will be greatly missed by many, but by no one more than his mum.

Steffi N
08-06-2003, 07:27 PM
I have tears in my eyes as I type this. Hug your friend and tell her to remember that love lasts forever.
Rest in peace, dear Kioki.

Denyce
08-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Please send your friend my condolences. I remember when my collie that I grew up with passed...she was there my whole entire childhood. Then I when my first cat passed away she had been there during the beginning portion of my adulthood. I still cry at the memories of losing them. But the happy memories eventually do outweigh the sad ones and new lives that need us enter.

Keep giving your friend the hugs she needs from you in this very difficult time for her. Many warm thoughts from us here in PA. I can understand her devestation.

Denyce and Brian

slick
08-06-2003, 08:03 PM
So sorry for your friend! I can't imagine the hurt that she must be feelilng. Certainly I will have a candle lit in the window for her. Bless you for being there for your friend. Good friends are hard to find. Hugs to you and your friend.

RIP sweet Kioki! Have fun at the RB running after all those little micies - but don't catch them please. They make good friends, too!

rosethecopycat
08-06-2003, 09:07 PM
I love that the Vet came to the house. That's how it was in my case when I lost my 16 yr old Tux.
It makes it so much less stressful of a time.

Kioki appreciated that, I'm sure.

Godspeed to the Bridge, Kioki.

Candles lit.

2kitties
08-06-2003, 09:11 PM
She's taking it so hard. I just can't even imagine. Apparently, Kioki meowed 3 times after the shot and my friend lost it.

I know she'll be okay, but 21 years is such a long time. He was a beautiful Russian Blue. I just wish there were something I could say that would help. But you know, there really isn't. It is just the grieving process.

Karen
08-06-2003, 09:14 PM
Give her a copy of the Rainbow Bridge story, okay? I know it helped my friend Eudora when her kitty Spunky died at age 15.

I'll light a mental candle for her and her kitty.

Karen
08-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Just this side of Heaven, is a place called Rainbow Bridge...

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

(This is an old Norse legend, found all over the web, and on RainbowBridge.org )

krazyaboutkatz
08-06-2003, 11:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your friends loss. :( Now Kioki is free of pain and running freely at Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure that my RB Pepper was one of the greeting committee to help show him around. Rest in peace sweet Kioki. Your meowmie will never forget you.

gini
08-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Oh, your friend has lost "her child" and my heart goes out to her.
The best remedy in time is for her to take joy in giving another baby (from a shelter) a loving and happy home. She will need to take her proper time to grieve though.

Please extend to her my heartfelt sorrow over her loss. I do understand, my first baby was 18 when I lost him. He took all of my secrets with him.

HayleyRosie
08-07-2003, 06:29 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your friends loss. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

ramanth
08-07-2003, 08:22 AM
Rest in Peace sweet Kioki. May Bast grace your loving human with a sense of peace, love, and understanding.

Barbara
08-07-2003, 08:45 AM
I can understand that your friend is devastated. Letting go is so hard- especially if you have to help in advance.....

But I am sure sweet Kioki had a wonderful life, a life much longer than most of the cats and it ended in the best way it could end -in the arms of your friend.

And to imagine that he is now at rainbow bridge, waiting for her may be a little consolation.

bisi.cat
08-07-2003, 08:46 AM
I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your friends beloved old cat Kioki.

This is the hardest part of sharing a life with a cat...time to say good bye often comes so quick and we wonder where all the years have been gone, but I am sure that Kioki appreciates to be with his family in his familiar home during this time...Godspeed Kioki, walk with love and the knowledge that you will live on in so many hearts!!!

One gift, above all others
God gives to us to treasure
One that knows no time, no place
And one gold cannot measure
The precious, poignant tender gift
Of Memory......that will keep
On dear ones ever in our hearts
Although God gives them sleep
It brings back long remembered things
A song, a word, a smile
And the world's a better place ... because
We had them for awhile!

2kitties
08-07-2003, 08:49 AM
Thanks everyone. There is a beautiful memorial to Kioki here:
Kioki (http://pub158.ezboard.com/bpurrfectpaws) Careful, though, it's a tear jerker.

She is confident that Kioki is at Rainbow Bridge and they'll find one another again. Rainbow Bridge is truly a conforting story. I only hope I"m able to have 21 years with my boys.

Randi
08-07-2003, 08:56 AM
I'm very sorry to hear your friend lost her precious Kioki. I know she must be hurting so bad. :( I hope the sweet memories during these 21 years will be a comfort for her.

I will light a candle.

Rest in Peace, Kioki!

08-07-2003, 09:30 AM
REST in PEACE, at the Rainbow Bridge, dear KIOKI!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-07-2003, 01:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Kioki's passing. :( I can only imagine what your friend is going through - and that's what brings tears to my eyes because I know my turn is coming and I don't even want to think about facing that decision.

I already know, though, that what will comfort me will be knowing the T & P have both lead good, long, pampered lives, and they definitely know they are loved. I make sure they know that every day. Hopefully knowing that Kioki lived a good long life will also comfort your friend - as much as it can anyway.

Hugs to your friend and I'm glad she knows Kioki is now bounding around like a kitten again at the RB. :( :(

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-07-2003, 02:37 PM
I have tears in my eyes reading this thread. No matter how many years, they are NEVER enough. I hope your friend can eventually find joy and consolation in thinking back on the special years they shared together. Sending prayers that she finds comfort from her grief. I am so glad she has a good friend like you to be there when she needs you! (((HUGS)))

carole
08-07-2003, 09:04 PM
What a lovely tribute.

I am so sorry to hear of your friends loss of her beloved companion of so many years.

Rest in Peace at RB furbaby.

I hope I can have as many lovely years with my kitties, but I know the pain must be unbearable when they leave.

My hearfelt sympathy to your friend.

Davis Family
08-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Rest in Peace Kioki...Spread your Russian-blue friendliness throughout Rainbow Bridge.