PDA

View Full Version : Moving, Mosquitoes and yards

Chinadoll
08-06-2003, 03:05 PM
I love the new place I moved into. Don't know if I told anyone, but the condo I was going to buy sold while I was working with mortgage company #3 after the 1st mortgage company completely screwed up. Anywho, I guess some things aren't meant to be. 4 days after it sold I found out that I did get the financing.

With my lease for my apartment up, I went rental hunting. I found awesome house to rent while I look for property to buy at my leisure. I love this place. It's big, airy, and bright. It has lots of greenery with a pretty front yard and courtyard. Inside is twice the size of my old apartment with 1 1/2 baths(I hate sharing my bathroom with guests who come over), a jacuzzi tub, and skylights over the stairs.

Only problem...I don't know if it's because the place is near the water or because it's has lots of shrubbery or both...there are a ton of mosquitoes. I can see them flying all over the place when I go outside. I can't tell you how many bites I got moving everything in. I'll even get bit stepping outside for two minutes to get the mail.

Does anyone know of anything I can spray on the grass, shrubbery, courtyard etc... all around the outside of the house that will kill/repel the mosquitoes without harming the plants or any animals that may wander by (none of my critters are allowed outside). The mosquitoes are out of control. Thanks!

I love the jacuzzi tub..it's also weasel proof. My ferrets were ticked that they couldn't figure a way to climb out. It'll make bath time for the ferts so much easier.
http://www.animalsoup.net/members/tdomil/tub1.jpg

Uabassoon
08-06-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure what to say about the mosquitos. But I love the pictures of the ferrets in the tub!

Denyce
08-06-2003, 03:10 PM
I know Citronella candles drive them away...I am sure you could get some mosquito spray....but you are down south where the skeeters are tough...not like the whimpier ones here in the north.

:D

jenluckenbach
08-06-2003, 03:58 PM
But what a GREAT picture. Bet those little critters were PO'd to find no escape from their wtaery "doom":p :D :D

Miss Meow
08-06-2003, 06:08 PM
The ferrets look pretty happy!

I'm sorry about your condo purchase falling through. I hope something nicer comes up soon for you :)

I think pennyroyal is a herb that can deter flies and mozzies. It's quite pretty and has a minty smell. Or pyrethrum (I have killed every pot I've bought so I can't confirm if it works :))