PDA

View Full Version : My pet talk gift came !

jenluckenbach
08-06-2003, 02:13 PM
I got my pet talk gift today. Since I do not have a digital, and since a picture is worth 1000 words, I will have to just use 1000 words. Here goes:

I bring the package into the house and immediately am greeted by the substance control officers sniffing for illegal hallucinogenic drugs (i.e. Catnip). That is until Sterling decides that the string around the box is a great toy.

OK, I got the string away from Sterling. Now I need to get the paper off the box. (not an easy task..............TAPE!!!!!)

When I get the paper off, guess what I find on the box? More TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was there a sale???

Now I try to open the box, but the weight of 2, no make that 3, impatient kitties is making this impossible.

With the box open I see a card and a large gift bag with a cat (of course) on it. But not your ordinary cat. It is one of those large-eyed distorted comical cats. I love them, they are so funny. This bag is completely covering what is underneath, so I am literally shocked at the (and I am stumped for a word here........ORGY comes to mind), of gifts I find under this bag.

By the way, by now, more of the cats realize that something is UP and they don't wish to miss out. So as I dig through the box Jim, Kim, Sterling, Bonnie, Monte, Lucas, Jasper and Ashley are all eyes!!

OK. we have catnip, we have furries, and we have 13 gift bags filled with toys (all equal of course) with each of the cats' names on them. They are tied so nicely with a ribbon, but I can't get the ribbon off fast enough to suit the cats! There was a catnip "roll", a fur mouse and a crotched ball in each bag. (And by the way, catnip and fur are my cats' 2 most favorite things)

OK. They all have a toy and I can dig further into the box. Yes, there is more!

Catnip tea for Charlie and me (Intoxicate ourselves while the cats do the same)
A puzzle playground and cheese nips for the mice. (and the sender was embarrassed that she did not know the mousies' names)
A feather pole toy and a whole bag of feathers (something I mentioned in my profile)
A cat angel keychain, for my keychain collection. (I'd have been happy with this alone).
And way on the bottom a T-shirt that says "HOME IS WHERE THE HAIR IS" (have you seen my house by any chance???)
AND
A 2nd T-shirt of a Persian cat (with the droopy type face) that says "I AM SMILING"

All in all WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!!!!!!!! My heavens, the postage alone went over the $$$ limit!.

A huge thank you to Vickie, aka SLICK

P.s. The cats are all winding down from their catnip high (and I noticed Calvin joined the ranks, he must have stolen someone elses' toy because I did not see him come in the room to get his own)
:D :D :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-06-2003, 02:19 PM
Hehe... sounds like you guys had fun... :)

bluekat
08-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Even without pics, I had a picture in my mind of how you were opening the gift;) hehe, sounds like your kitties love their gifts.:D

ramanth
08-06-2003, 02:30 PM
What a wonderfully vivid description! I can imagine it. :D

I love the one shirt! "Home is where the hair is"... I need one of those! LOL!

slick
08-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Glad it arrived safely. Wanted to put something in for Charlie but don't know if he wears hats. Also, forgot to put something in for the foster kitties (Bonnie), please give them my apologies and I hope your 13 will be nice enough to share. One of the T-shirts is larger that you wanted, sorry could not find it in your size. Put it in the dryer, it will shrink.....

As for the feathers, my Mom takes two-one hour walks per day and I put the word out to gather up all the real feathers she can find. I bought the pole and glued in two real feathers and included the extra bag in case those fell out. So you can thank Mom for those.

BTW - Words cannot describe the time I had in packaging up all those goodies. Speckles would not leave me alone.........and unfortunately she did rub some of them so her scent has now travelled to your house :D :D

anna_66
08-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Oh my Jen, your right...those 1000 words sure put a picture in my head:D
It sounds like everyone (including you) had a great time digging into the box!

"HOME IS WHERE THE HAIR IS" (have you seen my house by any chance???) OMG, I've got to have one of thsoe shirts too! Where did you get it slick?

Everyone (including me) has gotten the nicest gifts, don't we just have a big hearted family herehttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/love/luxlove.gif

slick
08-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
OMG, I've got to have one of those shirts too! Where did you get it slick?
I found it in a mall about 20 min from where I live. If you want I can go back there and see if there is any more.....at the time there were only 5 hanging up, but will gladly search for you.

Uabassoon
08-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Wow slick you really went all out :D . Jen I glad to hear that all your kids had so much fun with their toys :) It sounds like you got a great package :) .

This gift exchange is so much fun, I really enjoyed getting mine too and I can't wait for my person to get their package in.

anna_66
08-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by slick
I found it in a mall about 20 min from where I live. If you want I can go back there and see if there is any more.....at the time there were only 5 hanging up, but will gladly search for you.
Oh would you really? I'd be eternially (sp?) grateful! If they have any more just let me know the cost & I'll get it in the mail asap!

robinh
08-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Jenluckenbach - What a wonderful description - I can see you trying to get that package open with all that help. What a wonderful picture! Definitely made me smile.

:D

jenluckenbach
08-06-2003, 03:46 PM
Also, forgot to put something in for the foster kitties (Bonnie), please give them my apologies and I hope your 13 will be nice enough to share
Yes, Bonnie was right in the thick of it while opening and divvying out.
I also toted one of each of the 3 types of toys I mentioned up to the foster kittens. They were in heaven, and here is some great news. Sweet Annie, the scared little girl, actually played with one of the balls. The first time I saw her play with ANYTHING!
The cats are still testing out each type of toy.:D

HayleyRosie
08-07-2003, 06:48 AM
Jen, it sounds like you got a great package. I'm sure the kitties loved their gifts. I can't wait to get my package.

Cataholic
08-07-2003, 03:45 PM
I felt like I was looking over your shoulder while you opened your gifts!!! What a wonderful description, and a wonderful sender of gifts!

Vio&Juni
08-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I felt like I was looking over your shoulder while you opened your gifts!!! What a wonderful description, and a wonderful sender of gifts!

Exactly my feeling!

lovemyshiba
08-08-2003, 08:44 AM
Sounds wonderful!!
I can just picture all of those curious kitties trying to see what came in the mail for them, lol.

I need one of those shirts too:)
Cute!!!!!

Logan
08-08-2003, 10:23 AM
How much fun, Jen!! Your words were perfect!!!

Bad me finally am getting my package out in the mail today, minus one item that I really wanted to get. So my recipient might just get two packages!!! :o