PDA

View Full Version : The 14th Thursdays

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Is the bar open yet? I need a drink!
It has been an unusually weird week and it's only half over. Between neighbor's unwanted pets that I seem to have mysteriously inherited and their children that want to bug me 24/7, and severe thunderstorms my patience is in shreds. I NEED A HUGE CHERRY VANILLA COKE ASAP! If not avalible until tomorrow: MAKE IT A DOUBLE!!!

OH, and toss something chocolate at me too, please!:eek:

lbaker
08-06-2003, 12:55 PM
MOFF, no need to wait for Richard's to open, allow me. Anyone who seems to gather as many "strays" (two and four-legger)as I do deserves an occasional random act of kindness. Chin up ol' girl ;)

catland
08-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

OH, and toss something chocolate at me too, please!:eek:

Well, it is after 4:00am in Melbourne - lets get Miss Meow out of bed to open the bar. Regarding chocolate, I don't know what Richard can concoct, but just for you I'll make a Dairy Queen run to get one of those triple-chocolate Sundaes that I saw them advertise. Be still my heart.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks you two!!! You make me feel so special!!!:D

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by catland
Well, it is after 4:00am in Melbourne - lets get Miss Meow out of bed to open the bar. Regarding chocolate, I don't know what Richard can concoct, but just for you I'll make a Dairy Queen run to get one of those triple-chocolate Sundaes that I saw them advertise. Be still my heart.

lol,
Cherry vanilla coke.....and chocolate....
i have a Milky Way candy bar in the fridge..
will that do???

I'm not going to bother Miss Meow at 4 a.m.!!
where are your morals!!!!;) :)

DONE!

Aspen and Misty
08-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
[color=teal][b]. I NEED A HUGE CHERRY VANILLA COKE ASAP!

i want one of those to!!!

No Coco in mine please.

Ash

slick
08-06-2003, 02:24 PM
Won't be visiting Dick's Place tomorrow because I have a day off.....yeah......got to get my car fixed.....yeah......more money to put on plastic........yeah......more debt........

Life is sweet! Could I please have a G & T??? Thanks Richard.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Hey...... it ain't Thurday yet!

But I think I need to get in on these Thursdays in the Dog House..

Can I get a Cherry Coke too please?

wolflady
08-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Ahhhh...Thursdays!! I actually have a little something to celebrate, so make mine a bottle of champagne! :D Even though it's not a full time job, and even though I'm not making near the salary I was in my previous job, I finally have a temp job...in a vet's office! I get to learn everything a vet tech does, and after being there for so long and gaining experience, I could opt to take the vet tech test for licensing! Cool, huh? Right now I'm re-doing their website, so I at least am still getting to do my computer techie stuff...and...I get to wear scrubs!! Yay!

So, make it Champage for everyone at Thursdays, Richard! :D
**hugs**

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
lol,
Cherry vanilla coke.....and chocolate....
i have a Milky Way candy bar in the fridge..
will that do???

Ooooo, a cold Milky Way on a hot day, PERFECT! Bring it on!:D

Cincy'sMom
08-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Congrats Wolflady! Hope the new job works out for you!!

I missed last Thursday, since I was on vacation....but it sure helped be build my tolerance!!! What will this week's special be?

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Congrats Wolflady! Hope the new job works out for you!!

I missed last Thursday, since I was on vacation....but it sure helped be build my tolerance!!! What will this week's special be?

Special of the week

Death By Chocolate

1 oz. each: Dark Creme de Cacao, Kahlua, Vodka, Chocolate syrup, 2 Scoops of Chocolate Ice cream

Blend & Garnish with Whipped cream & a Cherry

MOFF,

mo' chocolate!!!

Yeah WL!!!

congrats!... green or blue scrubs?

champagne (if it's anything like the stuff they have in Australia i'm in!!!!)
:D

LMAB and AM,

cherry, and cherry vanilla cokes!

slick,

G&T for you.....

Done!!!

Randi
08-06-2003, 04:56 PM
It's hot here, so I'd like a G & T too, in the tallest glass available - with lots of ice and lemon, please. :p

Cheers!! :D

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Randi
It's hot here, so I'd like a G & T too, in the tallest glass available - with lots of ice and lemon, please. :p

Cheers!! :D

how's about a double?

DONE!

Miss Meow
08-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Well, it is after 4:00am in Melbourne - lets get Miss Meow out of bed to open the bar ...

Que??? :)

Back in the good old days I'd be on my way home from going out, and it would be easy to open the bar at 4.00am. These days, still sleeping :rolleyes:

Maybe we need Dick's swipe cards so we can let ourselves in ;)

I'll have one of those Death by Chocolates, yum yum. Congrats, Wolflady, on the new job! I know it's not everything you want, but hey, I'm sure you'll have a great time and it'll lead to other things when the time is right :)

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

Maybe we need Dick's swipe cards so we can let ourselves in ;)

I'll have one of those Death by Chocolates, yum yum.

lol,

D by C....

Done!

p.s. and let it be known that i 'voted' to let you sleep!!!!:cool:

catland
08-06-2003, 05:45 PM
hey - I didn't wake her up - honest.

I'd like a DBC- and a big glass of ice water. We've had a dry enough summer here that the water at my house now comes from - I don't want to know where from - but this morning, when I was taking my shower, the shower water reeked of chorine - not pleasant.:eek:

KYS
08-06-2003, 05:47 PM
Richard: Special of the week
Death By Chocolate>>>>>

YUM!!! that sounds good,
Can I try a Death by Chocolate, and
have Vanilla ice-cream instead?
Or would that be a Death by Vanilla! :)
Thank you!!!

wolflady, congratulations on your job.

Cincy'sMom
08-06-2003, 05:55 PM
Chocolate works for me!!!

slick
08-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Maybe we need Dick's swipe cards so we can let ourselves in
Swipe Dick????? Couldn't bring myself to do it. Poor guy already got caught with his pants down.......

Airedalekisses
08-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Richhhaaarddd my man,good Thursday to you!! I have made a lovely new sign for the bathroom that goes above the toilet. In beautiful Spencerian script with lots of gold leaf!! it says" Outside you're American; In here European!" oh, I need another few signs for the Canadians and the Australians, New Zealanders......

oh, drat I can't have the special I'm allergic to chocolate-I break out in fat!
Death by Butterscotch just doesn't have the same zing does it?

Hey Richard those pants really bring out your eyes! What? he's not wearing pants:eek:

Congrats on the job wolflady!!!You know what they say about a woman who wears scrubs! Neither do I does anyone know?

IttyBittyKitty
08-07-2003, 05:33 AM
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE

Yes, please! Today was just horrid!

Make it two ...

puppygrrl4eva7
08-07-2003, 07:18 AM
Hmm I'm new here but is there room for me to join in on the fun? If so I'll take a Vanillla Milkshake My Fave;) :D

RICHARD
08-07-2003, 11:17 AM
CAT, KYS, CM, SLICK, ADK, IBK..

I sentence you all to DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
!!!

PG4- one vanilla milkshake....

and no more butt jokes either.....
i missed the Mooning the Amtrack train last month-I'm despondent!!

;)

babolaypo65
08-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Something yummy and cold, perhaps with fruit please.

RICHARD
08-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Something yummy and cold, perhaps with fruit please.

Son of a Peach

1 1/4 oz. Peach Brandy, Sour mix, Pineapple Juice

Blend with crushed ice until smooth, Serve in Hurricane or Large decorative glass

DONE!

I Love Brian, Forever <3
08-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Aw, I made a promise not to drink until I'm married. (Promised to Brian.) So, no drink for me. :( :( lol

catland
08-07-2003, 11:32 AM
Finally - I'm a pillar:D

To honor this and Richard's entry into the Calfornia gubenatorial race - RED, WHITE, AND BLUE SLUSHIES FOR EVERYONE:D :D :D

catland
08-07-2003, 11:35 AM
i missed the Mooning the Amtrack train last month-I'm despondent!!

;)

Now THAT would be a PetTalk meeting:rolleyes: :eek:

lbaker
08-07-2003, 11:46 AM
Congratulations Catland :D Let's see, Catland's a Pillar and I'm old (birthday today). I'm buying. Gini & I were chatting about Creamsicle's in another thread (having to do with Orange & white cats) and I remembered a drink I had several years ago at Ft. Meyers beach. Sorta like a Pina Colada but made with fresh orange juice, coconut and rum. They called it a Cremesicle I think. I'll try one of those Richard, if you think you can up with something similar. BUTT only if you have time :D ;) :p

catland
08-07-2003, 12:00 PM
lbaker - HAPPY BIRTHDAY:D

babolaypo65
08-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Very refreshing!

Son of a Peach

1 1/4 oz. Peach Brandy, Sour mix, Pineapple Juice

Blend with crushed ice until smooth, Serve in Hurricane or Large decorative glass

DONE!

Randi
08-07-2003, 12:47 PM
A very refreshing G & T Richard - thanks! I had enough yesterday, was out celebrating birthdays early! So today, I need a good strong iced coffee with lots of milk and a few drops of Grand Marnier, please! :) (yellow top!)

Name it as you see fit! :D

Logan
08-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Happy Birthday, Laurie!!! :D

Congratulations on your new job, Karen! I know you will be purrfect!!! :)

And "Happy Blabbormouthing", Catland!!! :)

Richard, I think I want one of those fruity concoctions too! Sounds good!!! :D

Logan

Aspen and Misty
08-07-2003, 01:22 PM
O I know I already ordered, and that was an aweomse cherry coke!

But :D May I please have a Vanilla Milk shake, my dad isn't home to make me one and I have no idea how :(

Thanx in advance!

Ash

RICHARD
08-07-2003, 02:26 PM
HAPPY B-DAY LAURIE..

BUTT, of course....

Creamsicle

1 1/2 oz. Grand Mariner, 1 1/2 oz. Galliano, Splash of Cream, Orange Juice & Grenadine

Shake with ice & serve up in a Champagne glass, Substitute ice cream for a frozen variation (omitting cream)

CONGRATS CATLAND!!

RANDI...
can i think about the name?

LOGAN and A & M...
son of a peach and vanilla milkshake!!!

DONE!
:)

emily_the_spoiled
08-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

I would like to congratulate wolflady on the new job and ask if I can join in her champagne because I also got myself a job offer this week :) :)

I want to wish everyone a happy birthday and congrats on pillerhood Catland

After a couple of glasses of champagne I think I would like to try a Creamsicle with ice cream!!!

catland
08-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Wow - so much to celebrate and just one day of the week to do it. Thank's everyone - for your kind words.

Bartender - can I have a Creamsicle please?

RICHARD
08-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Wow - so much to celebrate and just one day of the week to do it. Thank's everyone - for your kind words.

Bartender - can I have a Creamsicle please?

two creamsicles .....

DONE!

everyday is a day of celebration for me!

Miss Meow
08-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Congratulations Catland, lbaker and emily_the_spoiled! :) A jug of Creamsicles all round!

I'd also like to propose a toast to Idiot of the Week, a sailor who works at the navy base where I work.

She was on duty the other night, and had to report to muster at the main gangway. Seemed a bit too far to walk, so she drove. Problem is she didn't have a licence, and didn't know how to drive. When the naval coxswain wanted to have a chat with her, she stepped on the accelerator pedal instead of the brake, went up the curb, and forwards at a rate rapid enough to push down the wall of the coxswain's office, parking the car literally in the office :rolleyes: But that's not all.

It wasn't her car. She had 'borrowed' the nice new car (now with several thousand dollars' damage) from the boyfriend of her friend, without her friend's permission.

She's on at least 10 charges and owes $9,000 to have the coxswain's office returned to the state prior to her uncalled-for renovations ... :) Cheers!

babolaypo65
08-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Holy guacamole! Don't give that woman a rifle!

RICHARD
08-07-2003, 05:10 PM

I'd also like to propose a toast to Idiot of the Week, a sailor who works at the navy base where I work.

She was on duty the other night, and had to report to muster at the main gangway. Seemed a bit too far to walk, so she drove.

Cheers!

i think you are pulling our legs, everyone knows that sailors drive SHIPS, not cars...:rolleyes:
but had the Coxswain not 'stopped' her would his office still be in one piece?

oh my, how do you explain THAT!

a round of creamsicles for the group...DONE!

a toast, to the unluckiest IOTW...
....may the road rise up to meet her ........or the wall or what ever stops her!:confused:

KYS
08-07-2003, 09:17 PM
posted by lbaker:Congratulations Catland :D Let's see, Catland's a Pillar and I'm old (birthday today). I'm buying. >>>>

Yep! catland is now an official blabber mouth.
Happy Birthday Ibaker. :)

slick
08-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Well, I was off (my rocker!!) yesterday so I missed all the fun. Sounds like it was quite a day of celebration.

Happy birrrffffday Laurie. Sorry I missed it.
Congrats Catland on Pillarhood!!
Congrats Wolflady on the job
And you too ETS

If the bar is still open I'd like a Son of a Peach to toast all of you. Thanks Richard. Glad to see you got your backside covered.....

RICHARD
08-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by slick
Well, I was off (my rocker!!) yesterday so I missed all the fun. Sounds like it was quite a day of celebration.

Happy birrrffffday Laurie. Sorry I missed it.
Congrats Catland on Pillarhood!!
Congrats Wolflady on the job
And you too ETS

If the bar is still open I'd like a Son of a Peach to toast all of you. Thanks Richard. Glad to see you got your backside covered.....

DONE!!!

wolflady
08-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks everyone! So far it's been a really interesting experience here! Mmmm....Death by Chocolate sounds rather good...

Special of the week

Death By Chocolate

1 oz. each: Dark Creme de Cacao, Kahlua, Vodka, Chocolate syrup, 2 Scoops of Chocolate Ice cream

Blend & Garnish with Whipped cream & a Cherry
Yeah WL!!!

congrats!... green or blue scrubs?

champagne (if it's anything like the stuff they have in Australia i'm in!!!!)
:D

Done!!!

Neither, Richard! :p I get to wear scrubs with cats and dogs on them! :D How cool is that?? I finally ordered my scrubs, so I won't have to borrow the office ones soon! I am getting a dark red/maroon colored scrub top with pictures of dogs and cats all over it, and I'm also getting a white fung sui type scrub top that has chinese characters and stuff all over it. Black scrub pants! :D