PDA

View Full Version : what a dope!

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Tennis father accused of drugging son's rivals

The father of two young rising French tennis stars has been arrested and accused of drugging the drinks of his son's rivals.

Former soldier Christophe Fauviau, 43, was held following the car crash death of one of his son's opponents.

Schoolteacher Alexandre Lagadere, 25, apparently fell asleep at the wheel of his car just hours after he had lost to 15-year-old Maxime Fauviau in a regional tournament.

Tests found traces of the anti depressant Temesta in Lagadere's body. He had not been prescribed the medication.

Lagadere had abandoned his match against Maxime saying he was too tired too continue.

A few days earlier, another of Maxime's opponents had told police that he had seen Christophe Fauviau put something in his water bottle before the match.

Without saying a word to the father, the young man played and lost to Maxime in a tournament semi-final, then took the bottle to the police.

Tests revealed that the water contained Temesta, a tranquilliser used to combat anxiety and which causes fatigue and drowsiness.

The newspaper Le Parisien says that Fauviau has admitted drugging his son's opponents. He has been charged with "administering toxic substances and negligent homicide".

Fauviau was arrested in Drax, south-western France, when he returned from a tournament in Egypt where his daughter Valentine, 13, had played. Valentine is the top French player in her age group and detectives are questioning opponents of both Fauviau children.

--------------------------

jeez:rolleyes:

slick
08-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Where can I get some of that stuff.....would like to dump it in the water cooler.....

robinh
08-06-2003, 01:33 PM
I read that and could not believe it. What an idiot! Really teaches the sons how to make it in the world - if you can't win fair and square - CHEAT!!

:rolleyes:

Airedalekisses
08-07-2003, 07:39 AM
reminds me of the mother-I think it was in Texas who killed a few girls so her daughter could be a cheerleader!Whoa, bit warped!!

iceyshiver21
08-09-2003, 11:01 AM
It reminds me of that one movie...what is it called..drop dead georgous??

Pam
08-09-2003, 11:08 AM
I had heard that on the news too and was disgusted as well. It reminds me of the old Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan situation with a slight twist. Aside from the fact that it is blatantly a horrible thing to do, where would be the "glory" in the winning if deep down in one's heart they know it wasn't earned. Honestly, sometimes people amaze me with their ruthlessness and stupidity. :mad: :rolleyes:

IttyBittyKitty
08-10-2003, 07:39 AM
What a spaz bucket!