PDA

View Full Version : Agatha Cristie

primabella
08-06-2003, 08:37 AM
My dad used to read and had a big collection of the Agatha Cristie murder mysteries and he got me into it. I have read 2 books but while my PC was out, I managed to read another. I just love them! I've read "Evil Under the Sun" "The Clocks" and "Death Comes as the End". I started "Death on the Nile". They are all so amazing. Does anyone else enjoy her books and maybe have a few to recommend? :) Thanks.

cloverfdx
08-06-2003, 10:16 AM
i have only ever read one AC book and that was "and then there were none" it was ok , a pretty easy read.

i am more crazy about VC Andrews books :D just re-reading the flowers in the attic series again (think this is re-read #5)and then i have the wildflowers to start. and this is in beween all of the dog books lol

binka_nugget
08-06-2003, 02:24 PM
I tried reading and then there were none but I got really bored lol. I'm not much of a reader.

primabella
08-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Yeah her stuff can be a bit boring I guess. My friend, who loves reading, tried it but she found it too confusing. It's hard I guess but I enjoy it. *shrugs* :cool:

tatsxxx11
08-06-2003, 06:04 PM
I love all English murder mysteries, especially Agatha Christie, Liana! There's a great website, hosted by her only grandchild. It's terrific. You can search all her books by alpahabetical listing, by detective, (Poirot, Miss Marple, etc) even by means of murder...poison, stabbing, etc. LOL!

Murder on the Orient Express, Murder at the Vicarage and Murder Most Foul are three of my favorites. If you ever get the chance, watch the movie "Ten Little Indians." It was based on her bookAnd Then There Were None. Did you know that she also wrote under 2 different pseudonyms??

Agatha Christie Homepage (http://www.agathachristie.com)

primabella
08-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Oh thank you for the link and info, Sandra! I'm going to check it out now! :D

My dad also told me about Murder on the Orient Express. I hope he still has his old books. We only found 4 of them so far...:(

tatsxxx11
08-06-2003, 07:03 PM
I'd be happy to share some of mine with you, Liana! Just let me know and if I have it, I'll send it to you, if your Mom and Dad say it's ok! We used to have a book swap/club on Pet Talk! Have you ever watched the PBS series "Agatha Christie Mysteries?" There's one featuring Miss Marple and another with Hercule Poirot. They're fun!:)

Dobiegirl24
08-06-2003, 07:27 PM
my mom got me one of her books for x-mas awhile back, i think it was miss marple. my mom loves her books but i just couldn't get that interested in it:p

gini
08-06-2003, 10:30 PM
After reading this thread, I actually got up from my chair and went to my bookcases to find this book to tell you about.

If you love her books - then you might be curious about Agatha herself.

AGATHA CHRISTIE an autobiography. It was published in 1977 (hardbound) by Dodd, Mead.

Here is what she says in the preface..........."I am satisfied. I have done what I want to do." 68 novels, more than 100 short stories, 17 plays, published in 103 languages throught the world.

Sandra, if you have never read it, you would love it.

Aside from talking about her visits with her husband to Egypt, she goes into great detail about her childhood. She LOVED to eat and her descriptions of Christmas and dinners are just incredible.

You know what, I just might have to read this again...........

AmberLee
08-06-2003, 11:01 PM
I love Agatha Christie's mysteries! I really enjoy the short story collections, but my favorite is "The Moving Finger".

A WWII pilot is recouperating in a small, quiet town after a nasty plane crash with his sister but the town might not be as nice and quiet as he thought.

Crikit
08-07-2003, 12:04 AM
I love Agatha Christie I started raeding her when I went in to Jr. High and became an addict, and because of that I have quite a few of her books that I got from flea markets and stuff. I loved the "Dial M for Murder" and "The seven dials mystery" I know there are others but at the moment my minds stuck because well I see to many books.

Like Sandra I probably have a couple lying around I can share with you if you want. Just let me know.

primabella
08-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys! Gini, that autobiography sounds cool. :)

Thanks Crikit and Sandra, but I don't think my dad would want me to give out adress info and stuff over the net. He'd kill me if I did. I guess the library is always there ;) I'll keep the ones you mentionned in mind. :)

tatsxxx11
08-07-2003, 03:44 PM
I figured that and understand completely, Liana! Just remember, the books are here for you when you turn 18;) And AmberLee, Gini, thanks so much for the recommendations! I'm going to pick them up at the libarary or on Amazon! The autobiography sounds fascinating!! And don't I LOVE authors who talk food!!:D