PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving PT

allanimalswelcome
08-06-2003, 07:37 AM
Not that anyone will care.

I'm getting so sick of the people on PT. A lot of you get on my nerves with your "I'm right your wrong" opinoins.

I have had a lot of stress in my life lately and I thought talk would be a good place to just be able to talk about my pets and other things but it's just adding more stress.

I don't know whether I'll come back. If I do it won't be anytime soon.

~Rachel

Karen
08-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Whag? Why post just to say you're leaving? If you post positively, you contribute to a nicer atmosphere! If someone starts sniping, ignore them! A friendly, happy Pet Talk is all of our responsibilities.

IttyBittyKitty
08-06-2003, 07:49 AM
Allanimalswelcome, don't let the bad apples get you down ... that's what the "ignore" feature is for! And if you don't want to argue with people, don't get suckered into the argument. Nice and simple. A good way to do this is avoid going to the "Dog House" entirely. ;) Me, I enjoy a good argument!

Cheers and good luck :)

Tamara

bluekat
08-06-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Whag? Why post just to say you're leaving? If you post positively, you contribute to a nicer atmosphere! If someone starts sniping, ignore them! A friendly, happy Pet Talk is all of our responsibilities.
I agree Karen. Just because some people get on your nerves is no reason to leave. And like ittybitty said, you could just use the ignore feature. I hope you do come back.

robinh
08-06-2003, 09:27 AM

I care! I think a lot of us do. I might disagree with something you say, but I will always value your input and that of others. I hope you will reconsider and stay, but if not we'll definitely miss you.

2kitties
08-06-2003, 10:24 AM
I'm confused, did you post this so that people will beg you to stay?

Cataholic
08-06-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties

ACK! STOP READING MY MIND, TWO KITTIES! Just cause we share a black kitty fetish, it isn't any reason to be so invasive..:D

Rottieluver45
08-06-2003, 10:40 AM

LOL!! I`d do that, just to see if anybody cares. LOL!

Bye Rachel, we`ll miss you!

Chinadoll
08-06-2003, 10:56 AM

Not only that....and this goes for everyone who has posted that they're leaving....but I'm confused as to why anybody would let some words on an internet page stress them out. While PT is a great place to chat and connect with others who love pets..when all is said and done at the end of the day, it has no direct effect upon my life. You shouldn't take everything you read on here so personally.

primabella
08-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Chinadoll
Not only that....and this goes for everyone who has posted that they're leaving....but I'm confused as to why anybody would let some words on an internet page stress them out. While PT is a great place to chat and connect with others who love pets..when all is said and done at the end of the day, it has no direct effect upon my life. You shouldn't take everything you read on here so personally.

I agree. I have gotten into my share of arguments but it's not like I'm going to take it so personally and just leave. I take any arguments I go through here as an experience to learn from. And if not, then it just teaches me something more about the way humans think.

Rachel, if you want to leave, then go. But I really don't see why you should. Maybe taking some time off will help. In any case, take care of yourself.

ILoveReptiles
08-06-2003, 11:08 AM

Wow! :eek:

I was just thinking exactly the same thing!

catland
08-06-2003, 11:18 AM
Funny thing - I don't like everyone at my job, but it doesn't stop me from coming to work and being around the people I do like.

I don't like everyone in my family but it doesn't stop me from going to family gatherings and socializing with the people I do like.

I don't even like everyone in the grocery store - but I still go shopping.

I am never going to like everyone and not everyone is going to like me. So what?

PetTalk is the best! (btw - tomorrow I'm becoming a Pillar and I plan to do so at Thursdays - you are all invited:D )

sammi
08-06-2003, 11:28 AM
I hate to see (just about ) anyone leave P.T. So people do care.

I don't want to be hard on the people that need to leave for awhile. We all have different points of stress going on in our lives. A break may bring some back more positive than ever!;)

Desert Arabian
08-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
~Rachel
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-049.gif

Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
I'm leaving PT
~Rachel
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-030.gif

slick
08-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Personally if I got that stressed out that I wanted to leave, then I'd just leave and not make a big deal out of it. I would not be posting that I was leaving, I'd just send Karen a PM and ask her to remove my name then quietly slip out the back door. But, that's just me.

Bye Rachel. Take a break then come back when you are less stressed.

moosmom
08-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Rachel,

Did I miss something here? :confused: :confused: Was it something someone said?? I've had PLENTY of disagreements with people here. But it wasn't bad enough where I had to leave. We just agree to disagree, plain and simple.

As Catland said:

I am never going to like everyone and not everyone is going to like me. So what?

Exactly! If anyone has a problem with you, remember...It's THEIR issue, not yours!!!

Sorry to see you go. Hope you'll change your mind. If not, it's been real.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2003, 12:32 PM
:( BYE!!!

aly
08-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Ohhhh gosh, I'm getting really tired of people jumping all over someone just because they post that they're leaving. Just say a simple "goodbye" and be on your way. Complaining about them posting doesn't help contribute to the positive attitude of PT. There are PLENTY of threads that I think should never have been started, but I simply ignore them instead of complaining about them in a reply. People post they're leaving so that their friends will know and perhaps so no one will worry when we never hear from that person again.

Rachel, I'm sorry to see you feel you need to leave and hope to see ya back someday.

Kfamr
08-06-2003, 01:28 PM
Bye, I guess. I'm not sure why you're posting this or why you're leaving? You can't accept others opinions is what I got out of it. Have a nice life! :)

iceyshiver21
08-06-2003, 01:31 PM
Aww. The greatness of human of human emotions....where would we be without them.

I hope you come back soon, we will miss you and you contributions to pettalk.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Hate to say it but no big surprise, lots of people are doing the same thing. Trust me I have tried this before and I myself was unable to stay away for long.

I'm getting so sick of the people on PT. A lot of you get on my nerves with your "I'm right your wrong" opinoins.

No one says we are right. No one says your wrong. Deal with it, we're only human.

When you say that, how do you know we won't care. Just seems you have some ruffled feathers and your taking it out on us. MOst of us didn't do anything!

Funny thing - I don't like everyone at my job, but it doesn't stop me from coming to work and being around the people I do like.

I don't like everyone in my family but it doesn't stop me from going to family gatherings and socializing with the people I do like.

I don't even like everyone in the grocery store - but I still go shopping.

Perfectly said. You can't make everyone like you. And it's probably better off that way. I read this in the book I'm reading but I don't want to sound like I am lecturing you and as I think about it I don't think it has much to do with the subject of you leaving, but it does have something to do with not everyone liking you.

You need to find your perfect match in a person. If they don't match your personality, they aren't your friend. You don't need to hate those people, you can be civil around them, but not everyone can like you.

Foam
08-06-2003, 02:45 PM
What?
Everybody is past all that happened. Excuse me for being rude, but get over it. It's done.

Amber
08-06-2003, 02:54 PM
Everybody is past all that happened. Excuse me for being rude, but get over it. It's done.

I agree!;)

Airedalekisses
08-06-2003, 05:06 PM
More is said with a whisper than a shout, go silently and reflect! gawd that sounds like a bad episode of the Karate Kid! Bye for a while

RICHARD
08-06-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Airedalekisses
More is said with a whisper than a shout, go silently and reflect! gawd that sounds like a bad episode of the Karate Kid! Bye for a while

well, then I will wax on - (wax off......);)

"it's so easy to deride things and people; where people are capable of much love, affection, human warmth and generosity. But, my God! How much we love to hate!

Every two or three hours, we resurrect the past, dust it off and throw in in someone's face."

Betty Williams
Nobel Peace Prize winner

tikeyas_mom
08-06-2003, 05:23 PM
bye rachel :(.

Dogz
08-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Good-bye Rachel.:( I am so sorry to see you go, but I hope to see you back soon.

CathyBogart
08-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Bye

primabella
08-06-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

lmao I love that! :D

iceyshiver21
08-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

LOLOLO Me too!

carole
08-08-2003, 12:07 AM
Rachel if you are feeling more stressed out by being on Pet-Talk, maybe it is a good idea to have a break, I hope you are open to coming back, there are some very nice people on here, who do care, I am sure you will be missed.

Good Luck anyhow, cheers. :)