PDA

View Full Version : Kimmy's Results

ramanth
11-02-2001, 07:48 PM
I posted this under "My Heroine" thread but I wasn't sure if anyone would find it. *laughs*

Anyway...

My biopsy results came back.

I do have Endometriosis. *sighs*

I'm now trying to figure out what this means for me and the best way I can treat it. I think from the sounds of it, it was caught early. Lord only knows how bad it would of gotten. *HUGS KIA*

She's my angel.

~Kimmy

ktreva52
11-02-2001, 07:55 PM
Kim -- I think it was a good idea to post it as a separate topic, too. Then, anyone that hasn't read the original story might go back and read it and see what a special dog you have. I also wanted to say I like your signature -- I love dragons. Where did you get the quote? (or did you make it up yourself?)

What does the doctor plan to do about your endometriosis? What about the shadows on the other organs, were those part of the endometriosis (I hope I'm spelling that correctly) or something else?

Get well and don't forget your daily dose of Kia hugs -- it will help you get way better faster!

ramanth
11-02-2001, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by ktreva52:
<STRONG>Kim -- I think it was a good idea to post it as a separate topic, too. Then, anyone that hasn't read the original story might go back and read it and see what a special dog you have. I also wanted to say I like your signature -- I love dragons. Where did you get the quote? (or did you make it up yourself?)

What does the doctor plan to do about your endometriosis? What about the shadows on the other organs, were those part of the endometriosis (I hope I'm spelling that correctly) or something else?

Get well and don't forget your daily dose of Kia hugs -- it will help you get way better faster!</STRONG>

Heya,
About the sig... thanks. I'm not sure who the original quoter is. My friend had the sig on her email and I really liked it. We're Pern fans. :D

I'm not sure what we're going to do about the Endometriosis. I think my doctor wants to let it sink in first before bombarding me with options.

The shadows on my organs were indeed the start of endometriosis. For now I just need to get my body healed from the surgery. My doctor said if I start experiencing the pain all over again, I'll need to start some sort of treatment immediately.

From what I know, there is no permanent cure... only a variety of treatments.

My biggest fear is that I won't be able to have children.

~Kimmy

aly
11-02-2001, 08:43 PM
I don't know what Endometriosis is :confused: but I really hope its not going to cause you too many problems. I am so thankful Kia helped you in your diagnosis and you caught it early. That sweet girl deserves a medal.

Please take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Dixieland Dancer
11-02-2001, 09:41 PM
Yes, please keep us posted and give Kia an extra hug of thanks for me! She is a special pup! :D

shais_mom
11-02-2001, 10:55 PM
This is quoted from the Merck Manual.
"A benign disease in which functioning endometrial tissue is present in sites outside the uterine cavity."
Which means the endometrial tissue that women have, grows outside of where it is supposed to. "It involves pelvic pain, pelvic mass,
alterations of menses, and infertility."
I Know several people that have this condition.
I am so glad your little angel helped you with this.
Heal quickly and God Bless you and Kia.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: shais_mom ]

RachelJ
11-03-2001, 07:44 AM
Thanks for letting us know, Kim. You are fortunate for getting a diagnosis which is the first step to appropriate treatment. This seems to be a condition that is not uncommon, which means that there is a probably a good core of knowledge on the courses of treatment. Keep the faith. You will be okay.

I too have to smile when I see your signature.

Stenograsaurus
11-03-2001, 08:36 PM
Kim, I just wanted to let you know that my cousin had endometriosis for three years before she got pregnant. She now has a four year old boy. It's a little harder getting pregnant, but you still can!!!! I'm so glad Kia was looking after you!!

11-05-2001, 10:41 AM
Hi Kim,

I know several people with Endometriosis as well. Unfortunately it is pretty common. Staci's exerpt stated exactly what it is. I grew up with the Merck Manual! Dad had it out alllllllllll the time!

My friend has it and it has been very difficult and quite painful for her. I apologize for bearing the bad news but I just want to be honest. It won't be easy but you can deal with it. Be strong and positive - That ALWAYS helps.

Listen to your doctor and heed all of the advice he/she gives you. Good luck Kimmy, get educated on it and you will be just fine :D!

We all love you and wish you the best. Give Kia big kisses for us and give yourself a huge hug from me and my girls.

By the way, here is a link to some info if anyone wants to learn about it... if you haven't already gone here then maybe you could check it out too :) My best to you :D!

Endometriosis - WebMD (http://my.webmd.com/condition_center/end)

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: doggiemom ]

ramanth
11-05-2001, 11:10 AM
Hey doggiesmom! Thank you for your honesty and the link. I had been looking for a message board support group.

I knew there was a website I was forgetting. *grins*

~Kimmy

Daisy's Mom
11-05-2001, 10:22 PM
Good luck, Kim! My aunt and my favorite teacher both have this disease and my heart goes out to them. I hope you can deal with it easily. I am sure that Kia will help!

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-06-2001, 07:31 AM
My aunt had endometriosis for several years, and struggled to get pregnant. She ended up being successful with invitro fertilization, and gave birth to twin girls 8 years ago. Before the twins were a year old, she got pregnant naturally and had a little boy. (yes, three kids in just over a year and a half! :eek: )
Just wanted to let you know that it may not be easy, but it can still happen! For proof, here's my beautiful goddaughter Danielle (one of the twins) at her eighth birthday day last week!
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/036/Sg/6h/G8/6k96851.jpg

ramanth
11-06-2001, 08:54 AM
Thanks again everyone. You are all too kind.

OHHHH Three greys and a mutt!! She's so beautiful. :)

Thanks for sharing that pic. Such hope it brings...

~Kimmy

Dixie Belle
11-06-2001, 12:40 PM
One thing we can be thankful for is that you noticed what your pup was doing, and told your doctor. We also can be thankful that your doctor does not consider himself a know it all that doesn't belive the powers of a dogs sense of smell. I am very sorry that you do have this condition, but I am thankful that it has been caught in early stages. I'm sure that you already know that all of our thoughts and prayers are going to be with you. And, if you ever feel the need to yell, cry, or just vent at someone, I am a very good listener. Feel free to email me ANYTIME you need to just let your feelings out. My email is [email protected]

I'll be praying for you.

kobieeli
11-06-2001, 01:57 PM
I'm so sorry about the news, Kimmy, but you and Kia will get through it together. Have faith, be positive, and trust that lovely mutt of yours! :)

karen israel
11-07-2001, 01:07 PM
Hi again, Kimmy! I replied to your other post too,and I'm sure you'll get tons of advise. I had endometrosis for years too, misdiagnosed. Everyone is different but if you'd like more details, you can email me anytime. I'll tell you what I did.