PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Cats (funny story sent by a friend)

AmberLee
08-06-2003, 01:39 AM
Some friends and I have been chit-chatting and have exchanged some stories about calling animals. Some were okay, but none exceptional until tonight. I couldn't resist sharing this story with you and hope that you'll enjoy it, too. No, it's not mine, but I've done things even sillier in my time! :) :p ;)

>>Heheh...a friend of our family has a funny pet-calling story. One evening while he was at a meeting, his wife was trying to call the cat back in for the night. So every 10 or 15 minutes or so, she'd go open the door and holler, "Here, kitty kitty!" She was on her way to the door to do this again when the phone rang. She picked up the phone and, without thinking, said, "Here, kitty kitty!" As soon as she realized what she'd done, she slammed the phone down, completely embarrassed. When her husband came home from his meeting, the first thing he said to her was, "Where was that damn cat calling from, anyway?" :-)

Fuzzy317
08-06-2003, 02:04 AM
I had to laugh at that. :D

bisi.cat
08-06-2003, 02:10 AM
LOL:D
How embarrassing!!!

I guess the kitty sat not too far away following the whole story with a big grin on the face!!!;)

ChrisH
08-06-2003, 05:16 AM
:D :D :D

bluekat
08-06-2003, 09:44 AM
LOL:D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-06-2003, 01:40 PM

That's too funny, Amberlee. I've done similar too - but more work related than kitty related. I get so used to answering the phone at work, that when it rings at home I often have to catch myself mid-sentence, stop, then say Hello? :rolleyes: :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-06-2003, 10:16 PM
LOL Great story. :D :D :D

Vio&Juni
08-07-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

That's too funny, Amberlee. I've done similar too - but more work related than kitty related. I get so used to answering the phone at work, that when it rings at home I often have to catch myself mid-sentence, stop, then say Hello? :rolleyes: :D

I've done that even at my aunt's place :D :D

IttyBittyKitty
08-07-2003, 05:45 AM
That's too funny ... all the while, kitty was probably grinning behind the bookcase at his silly Meowmie!!

HayleyRosie
08-07-2003, 05:48 AM

I have to watch this as well. At work we have to dial 9 to get an outside line and I have caught myself doing this at home several times.

catmandu
08-07-2003, 09:55 AM
I always answer Meow M eow Meow Its the Lost Cats Hotel! It really confuses the Telemarketers! HaHa! Meow Ha Ha1 MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEow!

nodgeness
08-07-2003, 04:24 PM
LOL, that's great!

Prairie Purrs
08-07-2003, 04:55 PM

Way back in my high school days, when my best friend and I worked at the Dairy Queen, she answered her home phone one day with "Dairy Queen. May I help you?" The caller paused a moment . . . then gave her a carry-out order! :D Rather than embarrass everybody, my friend thanked her, hung up, and called the order in to the DQ. :D