PDA

View Full Version : Since so many people seem to be interested in Cobb Care.....

mugsy
08-05-2003, 11:19 AM
Well, many people are asking me about Cobb Care, so I thought I would put this in General since we deal with both cats and dogs.

Cobb Care Humane Society is a shelter that Mike and I started volunteering with at the beginning of the summer and Vicki (the president) decided to step down and as vice president I stepped into the presidency and Mike took over the treasurer. We are a not for profit (501c3) organization and we are run totally off of donation. We get no government money at all. We have dogs at the shelter and cats in a foster home until we get a new building.

Some people have asked about donations, so I'll just cover that here too.

We accept just about anything.

Desperate needs:

Money
Paper Towels
bleach
anti bacterial soap
garbage bags
Pedigree dog food
dog toys
dog beds
towels
metal dog bowls
laundry detergent
dish soap
leashes
collars
disinfectants
office supplies
wet/dry vac
vacuum cleaner
dog and cat treats

hmmmmm....I think that would get anyone started! :D ;)

Thanks so much to everyone who has shown an interest in us.

Oh and our address is

5436 Old Maumee Road Bay 8
Fort Wayne, IN 46803

lovemyshiba
08-05-2003, 12:57 PM
I was going to pm you and ask for that information!!!!

I think it's a great idea for you to have posted that here!!

I'll see what I can do, after payday, lol.

Miss Meow
08-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Do you (or do you plan to have) Visa facilities?

mugsy
08-06-2003, 06:23 AM
Unfortunately, no we don't have Visa. At this point we are WAY too small to be able to afford that. Sorry!!!

moosmom
08-06-2003, 06:55 AM
Hey Mugsy,

I just bought a whole bunch of paper towels and bathroom tissue at Sam's Club. It's WAY too much for 1 person. Would you like me to bring them to the PT meeting on Labor Day??? I'll also bring a bunch of garbage bags that I got (again, WAY too many for just me).

I wish you very well in your wonderfu project. I only wish I had the resources and the courage you do.

((((((((hugs))))))))))))

IttyBittyKitty
08-06-2003, 07:06 AM
I'd love to do something like that myself one day but it will never be feasable financially unless I get my hands on a large amount of dosh!!!!