PDA

View Full Version : my old hamsters! :(.

tikeyas_mom
08-04-2003, 07:35 PM
I would like to make this thread dedicated to my 2 male syrian hamsters, Whisky and Spur.

Whisky is now the old age of 3 and he has been in my family for around 9 months.

Whiskys story: He was my only rescued hamster out of the three, He used to live with a 14 year old boy who was always torturing him. He has been lite on fire, been put in a fish tank *filled with water* and has been almost starved. I had to take him home, the first time I saw him. The mother of the 14 year old didnt care much less otherwise, if I took him or not. Whisky used to only be a lil cage agressive around food and his yellow house, now her has shown GREAT agression towards me, he bites me almost everyday, He also is having harder times breathing as he is always sniffiling and weezing. :(

Spurs story:
Spur is my very first hamster ever, befor him I just had Tikeya and Cheeko, he was the inspiration that made me relize that small rodents were such awsome pets. He is now hitting the ripe old age of 4 almost 5 in october.

He has been the bast hamster out of all three, he is such a pal. He knows his name and always loves to cuddle up in my hand. I am sad to say that Spurs time to goto the RB is almost here :(. He is a long haired syrian that has lost alot of his hair and I just notest a small mole type mark on his back :(. He doesnt eat or drink much anymore. He usually sleeps all day and night.

I would just like to say that these hamsters are very important to me and I love them alot, like most of you love your cats/dogs/rats/guinea pigs/rabbits/ birds/ dont forget repitles. I will be very sad to see my boys leave to the rainbow bridge. But both of them seem so old and are showing alot of signs that they are not as good in health as they used to be :(.

CamCamPup33
08-04-2003, 07:55 PM
:(.. thats nice of you to dedcicate it to them! :( poor hammys

tikeyas_mom
08-04-2003, 09:05 PM
:(BUMP!!!! :(

GoldenRetrLuver
08-08-2003, 01:50 PM
Thats a nice dedication...how can people be so cruel?....:( poor hamsters....

Logan
08-08-2003, 03:40 PM
One of the problems I have had with having hamsters as pets is that their lifespan is so short. :( It breaks our hearts every time we lose one. It does sound like yours have had long lives and especially since they have been in your loving care! I hope they will be with you for a long while to come.

RockyRoad
08-08-2003, 04:07 PM
Oh Jynnelle, that was so sweet! Whisky and Spur are such beatiful hammies and I am sorry that it is reaching their time to go. You have given them all the love in the world, as you love each and every one of your pets. Thank you for posting their stories, I bet they are such sweethearts.
{{{Hugs}}}

tikeyas_mom
08-08-2003, 10:26 PM
thanks for the replys :). I am hoping that they will live happily when they have passed.