PDA

View Full Version : Is Your Pet Overweight?

fairlady68
08-04-2003, 06:56 PM
No, but I am! I wish I could monitor my own intake as well as I can monitor that of my indoor calico cat, Julie...

Tonya
08-05-2003, 02:41 AM
Ron is, but he's lost alot of weight this year. His skin is all flappy now. He could lose a few more pounds.

tikeyas_mom
08-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Tikeya is :o.

she hasnt been walk lately because it has been so hot here, she gets over heated if she isnt in the shade :(.

binka_nugget
08-05-2003, 07:01 AM
Kai is. He should be around 30 or so but he's just pushing 40 right now. It's really been bothering me because it's getting hot here. Both the weight and fur doesn't help. We're working on giving him at least an hour of exercise a day. We're actually starting tomorrow :D.

cocker_luva
08-05-2003, 09:45 AM
jesse used to be. we overfed her :( but now she's fine. (but we keep her on a weight control diet just in case) she also has the extra skin too. :( so when she sits down, it flows to her butt; u can only see it though when we shave her. :rolleyes:

WWFanz
08-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Griz is overweight. I think because everybody always gives him table scraps. But he's spoiled, so what are you gonna do?

binka_nugget
08-05-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by WWFanz
Griz is overweight. I think because everybody always gives him table scraps. But he's spoiled, so what are you gonna do?

lol, kai gets LOADS of tablescraps. Mind you, healthy table scraps (most of the time). Occasionally, I'll slip him a chip or something but it's usually some kind of fruit or maybe a bit of chicken.

wolf_Q
08-06-2003, 12:15 AM
Reggie looks a little thick sometimes but I don't consider him overweight....he's just big-boned. ;) ;)

I think Smokey feels a bit skinny, but he's always been that way.

Although my mom thinks Nebo is deathly thin, I think he's at a healthy weight at 53 lbs. I've felt fat and thin dogs, and he feels just right to me.

tikeyas_mom
08-06-2003, 02:00 AM
I guess Tikeya isnt that bad, she is only 57.

cali
08-06-2003, 01:34 PM
umm shadow is, she is like 40lbs, but I dont know how much she should be, I cant campare her to happy because happys is so fine boned, she is a 21" border collie and only 25lbs, but she is not underweight she is just perfect, shadow is smaller then happy and waighs almost twice as much, but she is also heavier set then happy:confused: , but shadows weight cant come down anyway, she is lethargic , but all my other dogs are perfect in weight. now if only I was perfect in weight, for some reason I stopped practicing my dancing and have gained a littl eweight over the summer lol:p

bnormal
08-06-2003, 09:02 PM
Callihan weighs 120lbs...but I don't think he is overweight...I just think that he is not quite tall enough and long enough;)

just like me...If I was 6' 5", I would currently be at the perfect weight!

:D :D :D

primabella
08-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Mick isn't overweight, even though everyone who sees him says he is. He's about 25lbs, I think that's a good weight. He doesn't get table scraps but he gets fed things like carrots, salad and so on. No meat allowed. If we did give him meat, he'd be one fat pooch :p

micki76
08-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Reggie looks a little thick sometimes but I don't consider him overweight....he's just big-boned. ;) ;)

Me too Reggie! :p

Chester is perfect
Millie's a bit tubby
Aneko is thin, but then she's older than dirt :)

wolfsoul
08-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Leather is overweight. :( She's 110 pounds. She could probably lose 5-10 of those. I CAN'T WAIT until I move out and take her. I'll get her on homecooked meals instead of dog food, and put her on a wonderful exersise program. :)

All my other pets are fine. Sara is tiny lol. She's only 7 pounds. Icarus is my tiny boy, but he's not thin. He's 283 grams. Frisco was looking a little thin for a while, so I've upped both his and Icarus's food intake. Frisco is 375 grams. Timber is at a perfect weight. She lost more than 30 pounds since winter according to my vet's scale, but I dunno....:eek: She is 62 pounds.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Daisy is at as perfect weight of 53 pounds, according to our vet. :) Molly is 70 pounds, but I think she could at least go to 75. I'm trying to fatten her up! :p

Crikit
08-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Nope none of my dogs are overweight and I make it a point to keep it like that. Afterall overweight dogs and agility just don't mix because the added weight could lead to injuries, besides the dogs are happier and more active when they aren't overweight.

Kfamr
08-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Simba is.

I'm sure Nala is on her way, since she eats like crazy.

Rachel
08-10-2003, 01:47 PM
Hannah was told by the vet that she needed to lose 4 pounds. That may not sound like a lot, but it sure doesn't want to come off. I've have lessened the amount I feed her in addition to changing her food to half and half (regular and reduced calorie). She runs and plays every day, and yet no weight is coming off.

Tucker on the other hand, eats more than she does, eats all regular food, and doesn't run and play like Hannah does. He is the same height as Hannah yet weighs 3 lbs. less.

Cocker*Lover
08-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Cally is overweight...but Windsor isn't.

cloverfdx
08-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by WWFanz

uh exercise him, dont feed table scraps:rolleyes:

ours are not over weight, clover is at a good winter weight at the moment (29 kilograms) but come summer when the dogs get swimming again her overall fittness should get alot better. penny (JRTx) could do with losing say 500 grams in the summer, and theodore is a perfect weight for his small frame :)

there is no real reason for a dog to be overweight (unless it is health issues) feeding the right diet and exercise should keep your dog in peak condition *nods*

it realy annoys the hell outta me when people are just to damned lazy to exercise and they over feed their dogs.

so those of you who have said your dogs are overweight should seriously think about starting them on a diet and exercise program for their own good (think of the pressure on the joints when the dogs are in their twilight years and can hardly walk around)