PDA

View Full Version : Earth Liberation Front

RICHARD
08-04-2003, 02:04 PM
last week i saw a National Geographic program/interview on the Earth Liberation Front-
an activist organization who, by their claims,
have committed around 40 million dollars in damages by setting fire to construction sights,
destroying SUVs at car dealerships and destroying
businesses that they believe are polluting the earth.

the spokesman for the group, a 24 year old by the name of leslie pickering (a male) made some pretty
outrageous comments..

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/04/0421_030422_extreme.html

the stop eco violence website...

http://www.stopecoviolence.com/4_25_03_na.htm

babolaypo65
08-04-2003, 06:06 PM
I havent read the things you linked to, and while I am a bleeding heart liberal, I'm always perplexed by folks who destroy (and pollute) in the name of saving the environment. Granted I feel the same when radical anti-abortion types (like the guy they just caught) kill people in the name of saving lives.

RICHARD
08-04-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
I havent read the things you linked to, and while I am a bleeding heart liberal, I'm always perplexed by folks who destroy (and pollute) in the name of saving the environment. Granted I feel the same when radical anti-abortion types (like the guy they just caught) kill people in the name of saving lives.

staunch your wounds and read them ;)

this pickering kid was really scary-in the fact that he thought that it was totally O.K. to destroy property.......he had no qualms and no
problems in representing the group.....

babolaypo65
08-04-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I read them after I posted. Sigh. I liked the question where they said he wouldn't be trusted to run a walmart, and wouldn't he maybe look back on this in a few years....
(Of course his answer was arrogant and naiive).

bnormal
08-05-2003, 04:30 PM
This leslie pickering is nothing but a punk who endorses criminal activity. He is nothing more than al-queda of American descent.

Better enjoy yourself leslie because your 15 minutes are about up.

He'll eventually get arrested and do some time in a federal pen. That's where he will really learn about "fire in the hole"...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

RICHARD
08-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by bnormal
This leslie pickering is nothing but a punk who endorses criminal activity.

He'll eventually get arrested and do some time in a federal pen. That's where he will really learn about "fire in the hole"...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

i found myself more enraged the SECOND time i saw the interview.....talk about 'not getting it'..

the thing that made me laugh was the fact that he was wearing all the clothes, MADE BY THE MANUFACTURERS he condemns.....the other point was being named LESLIE.....offa!!!!!

what a childhood HE must have had......

and the last, most shocking fact is his dad works for the IRS.....

"HEY Chucky, What does your son do for a living???":confused: :eek:

p.s. steelers?????;)

bnormal
08-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Richard, Steelers baby!!!!!

You a fan of the black n' gold by any chance?

Isn't it so convenient to be a radical militant who wears Armani?

His dad works for the IRS? Well, maybe that explains it;)

:D :D :D

RICHARD
08-05-2003, 05:04 PM
Richard, Steelers baby!!!!!

You a fan of the black n' gold by any chance?

ahem,
all these years later I am looking at forgiving the 'immaculate reception'!;)

i think you know where my allegiance lies!!!:eek:

actually i was thrilled to be at Bradshaw's last game.....in los angeles...

(just looking forward to some football and some good natured fun...i know there are SeaHawk fans out there.....not gonna name them tho!!!)

bnormal
08-05-2003, 05:10 PM
all these years later I am looking at forgiving the 'immaculate reception'!

Aha, I see...Only Jack and Frenchy know for the truth for sure!

I actually like the Raiders. Got to see them beat the snot out of the Steelers last year at Heinz Field which wasn't exactly fun for me!

You sure about that Seahawk fans thing? I didn't think their were any...

RICHARD
08-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Aha, I see...Only Jack and Frenchy know for the truth for sure!

I actually like the Raiders. Got to see them beat the snot out of the Steelers last year at Heinz Field which wasn't exactly fun for me!

You sure about that Seahawk fans thing? I didn't think their were any...

HOKAY,
truce, after all we are in the same conference....

i'll let the fans speak for themselves!!!!
wouldn't want to 'out' anyone!!!!

p.s. do you like the new stadium??

bnormal
08-05-2003, 05:26 PM
Heinz Field is a beautiful stadium...but the beer prices are crazy!

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-05-2003, 05:39 PM
Sorry to interrupt the football talk . . . :) , but I thought this thread was very timely. Just last Friday the ELF burned down a 206-unit condo complex that was under construction in San Diego. The initial estimates are that the fire caused about $20 million in damages. Thank goodness that the homes were not inhabitated. The fire was set in the middle of the night, and it could have been much worse.

RICHARD
08-05-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Kona & Oreo's mom
Sorry to interrupt the football talk . . . :) , but I thought this thread was very timely. Just last Friday the ELF burned down a 206-unit condo complex that was under construction in San Diego. The initial estimates are that the fire caused about $20 million in damages. Thank goodness that the homes were not inhabitated. The fire was set in the middle of the night, and it could have been much worse.

we'll get a football thread started....sorry!

the ELF interview ran on on weds or thurs last week......funny how that worked.......

pickering's response to the question about someone eventually dying during an attack was very disturbing......

he stated that people have died during 'revolutions' and was willing to chalk it up to 'the cause'...

these guys, and all the protestors at the WTO gatherings, lost my
support once they started with the guerilla tactics.

:rolleyes:

Soledad
08-05-2003, 06:11 PM
We live in a world with so much apathy, that passion is a rare commodity. It is just so unfortunate that so many choose to direct their passion into such horrific ways, and become fanatics rather than inspirations.

bnormal
08-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Soledad, well said!

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-06-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Soledad
We live in a world with so much apathy, that passion is a rare commodity. It is just so unfortunate that so many choose to direct their passion into such horrific ways, and become fanatics rather than inspirations.

Soledad, that is very insightful and so true!

Richard, it seems that your second link, stop eco violence, had a valid point--it looks like the attention given to this organization certainly had an effect on some "impressionable viewers."

RICHARD
08-22-2003, 01:22 PM
I awoke this morning to see that the ELF (Extremely Lucid F-heads) set fire and vandalized a Southern Cal car dealership in West Covina...

A question to them....

Since they are so interested with the Earth and pollution.........

When you light a car on fire where does all the toxic smoke go?

When you try to put out a fire that's burning toxic material doesn't the water go into the sewer, which empties into the ocean???

now why can't they be creative as the homicide bombers and blow themselves up?

Chinadoll
08-22-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

When you light a car on fire where does all the toxic smoke go?

When you try to put out a fire that's burning toxic material doesn't the water go into the sewer, which empties into the ocean???

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm also reminded of what my Grandmother would constantly tell me when I was little...two wrongs don't make a right.

His blase attitude about what he is/was doing just infuriates me. And to be so nonchalant about people dying for the cause...:mad: :mad: Wonder how he'd sleep at night if he saw the body of a person who perished during one of his demonstrations. My fiance' who's returning from Iraq next month could tell him what it's like to see people dying for a cause. For this Pickering @ss to not comprehend the enormity of his actions is just appalling.

For him to say he doesn't value property that our capitalist society promotes...does he live in a cave and live off the land then? Where's the fig leaf for clothing? http://members.cox.net/tdomil/icon_smile_8ball.gif

edit: why can I never get my pics to show on this board? I use the same code that works on the other boards...don't understand why the doghouse is different. *sigh* oh well

RICHARD
08-22-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Chinadoll

His blase attitude about what he is/was doing just infuriates me. And to be so nonchalant about people dying for the cause...:mad: :mad: Wonder how he'd sleep at night if he saw the body of a person who perished during one of his demonstrations.

Oh, you are lucky you did not see the interview. I was screaming at the telly....

Pickering had all the smirks, 'eye rolls' and smug answers you would expect from a clueless little bee's turd...

that's one BAD BY-PRODUCT of the 60's-70's, we were all taught to QUESTION AUTHORITY-but not to
RESPECT AUTHORITY'S ANSWERS.....so, as the 'Next GEN' takes the ball and runs with it, they change the rules as they see fit...

morons, one and all....:mad:

KYS
08-22-2003, 07:53 PM
posted by RICHARD:I awoke this morning to see that the ELF (Extremely Lucid F-heads) set fire and vandalized a Southern Cal car dealership in West Covina...>>>>>>

I saw that too, and was appalded.
ELF is nothing but a home grown terrorist group!
I do not think they care about the earth and pollution,
IF they did, they would not have started that fire.
I think they just want attention and get it anyway
they can. IF they really cared, they would find other
ways to get their point accross.

Twisterdog
09-01-2003, 05:41 PM
Yes, ELF is truly frightening. And, keep this in mind ... one of the main supporters of ELF (and ALF, a similar organization) is PETA. Yep, that's right. So, if any of you donate to PETA, you are indirectly funding organizations like this one.