PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: NYLABONE PRODUCTS .....

Dixieland Dancer
11-27-2001, 08:14 AM
May be dangerous! :eek:

Read this link if you do or are thinking of getting nylabone product such as gumabones or plaque attacker! Your dogs life may be at risk.
King 5 article on Nylabone products (http://www.king5.com/localnews/investigators/10015581_IN1122dogbone.html)

jackiesdaisy1935
11-27-2001, 09:35 AM
Dixie, thank you so much for the article, I'm not sure I quite understand, I know what the gumma bone looks like, I think I know what the plaque attack looks like, what I'm not quite sure of does this include the regular nylabones, the dinoseur ones etc too?
Jackie
Daisy and Perry chew them all the time.

sammi
11-27-2001, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the information. Buddy Boy has always had nylabones to chew on (so far just the plain ones). But are they safe? :confused:

aly
11-27-2001, 12:01 PM
:( :( :( :( :( Poor Timber and Rambo. :(

I couldn't even finish the article after reading about Rambo... :(

Thanks for the warning Dixie. Thank goodness none of my dogs have ever cared for nylabones.

Dixieland Dancer
11-27-2001, 12:26 PM
Which ones are unsafe? The article highlights the ones marketed under names like Gumma-Bone and Plaque Attacker.

I think this may be one of the most important lines in the article though.....

However, all polyurethane dental dog bones, regardless of manufacturer, can present problems when they are inappropriate in size and have become old and worn.”

I personally do not give my dogs Gumma-Bones because they are aggressive chewers and disenigrate them in minutes. I do occassionally give them a flavored NYLABONES. These are especially made for aggressive chewers and do not come apart in pieces.

My suggestion....you need to know your dogs chewing needs and determine what is safe and what is not. And most importantly, monitor your dogs chewies and when they become worn or unsafe, discard them immediately. Stay away from Gumma Bones or any brand similar to it. Same for Plaque Attacker!

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: Dixieland Dancer ]