PDA

View Full Version : Rose Went Home Yesterday!!!!!

mugsy
08-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Rose got a GREAT home yesterday. She will be living here in Fort Wayne and the woman who adopted her invited Mike and I to visit whenever we want. We are even going to go out to dinner with her and her fiance. The 4 of us hit it off immediately. She has a 3 year old minature schnauzer named Abby and she and Rose love each other. They went for a long walk last night and went to the park and played. Heather called last night about 9 and said Rose was fitting right in. I, of course, cried when she left, but she looked so happy and she has a home and a bed to sleep in every night instead of having to stay in that 6x6 kennel.

YEAH FOR ROSE!!:D :D :D

cloverfdx
08-04-2003, 10:45 AM
oh that is WONDERFUL i hope rose will be very happy in her forever home:D

and congratulations on saving another pup in need

tatsxxx11
08-04-2003, 10:56 AM
That's wonderful news, Mugsy!!:) Hard to let go, I'm sure, but what a great job you did in finding her the pefect home! And you get to visit!!:) Welcome to your forever home, beautiful Rose!:)

ramanth
08-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Yay for Rose!!!! Can you share pics of her?

ChrisH
08-04-2003, 12:39 PM
Happy, Happy, Day! :) That is so wonderful:)

Sending Hugs to Rose, Hugs to her new owners, and the Biggest of Big Hugs to you and Mike for making it possible for this day happen for her.

Have a great life in your furever home sweetie Rose!:)

Cookiebaker
08-04-2003, 12:50 PM
Congratulations to dear Rose!!! So happy to hear she got a good forever home!!! :)

lizbud
08-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Oh Mugsy, you're the best.:D :D You & Mike never gave up
on Rose. She's a great dog, I'm sure. I loved her picture. :)
Congrats Rose on your new forever home. :) :)

pitc9
08-04-2003, 02:23 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Yeah Rose!!!
Good Luck at your new home!!!

lovemyshiba
08-04-2003, 04:39 PM
:) :) :) :)

What wonderful news!!!!!
I am so glad Rose finally has a loving home of her own--congrats on helping her out so much!!!!!!

KYS
08-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Even though you are missing her right now.
the reward of finding a perfect home for Rose,
must make your heart feel so good, .
I think you also might have made some new friends. : )

ChloeLove
08-04-2003, 06:07 PM
That is so great that Rose has a great home to go to. That is what every dog deserves, it's a shame that some can't get into a home. :(

Cincy'sMom
08-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Yeah for Rose!!! And yeah for everyone involved in saving her. What a great next chapter in her life!!!

mugsy
08-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately, Rose came back already. :( :mad: :rolleyes: The new owner, neglected to tell us that she has allergies to dogs.:rolleyes: She cried the whole time she was there giving her up. Her fiance refused to come with her because he was so mad at her for doing this to poor Rose. I feel so badly for Rose, which makes me want to work all that much harder to find her the perfect home.

Cookiebaker
08-04-2003, 07:57 PM
:eek: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

OH this makes LOTS of SENSE to me. I'm ALLERGIC to a DOG so I go and ADOPT one. :rolleyes: Poor Rosie! I feel so sorry for her. :(

anna_66
08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
What the heck:confused: Didn't she know she was alergic to dogs? She has one, but for some reason she's alergic to Rose? That is sooo sad:( Poor Rosie girl.
Oh, I do hope she finds a home soon.

mugsy
08-04-2003, 08:27 PM
Yep, I was bawling. She has a schnauzer and that's ok....well they have fur too as I understand. Oh well, I guess it was not to be. Mike said she was really confused when she had to go back into her kennel.:( :(

shais_mom
08-04-2003, 08:41 PM
ggrrr
Poor Rose.

Maybe when you aren't so upset with the lady, do you have any schnauzer or schnauzer/poodle mixes for her?
Maybe talking her into saving another life?
I think schnauzer's are one of the hypoallergenic dog breeds, and obviously Rotties aren't. :(
Poor You and Poor Rose.

mugsy
08-04-2003, 08:45 PM
If she is still at the shelter when it comes time for the next PT meeting, she will probably we ours and will probably come. I'm SO sick of people.

Logan
08-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Oh, Molly! :( I was so happy, then kept reading and got so sad for that poor girl. And for you too since you and Mike have worked so hard for her to find a good home. I hope the right spot will come for her very soon. Fingers and paws crossed!!!!!

KYS
08-05-2003, 12:27 AM
I am sure the woman is nice, but that really
erks me!!
She should have been up front with you,
and have spent more time with
Rose, to see how her allergies would re-act,
before taking her home in the first place. :mad:
Poor Rose, and poor you. What a roller-coaster ride!!

Cincy'sMom
08-05-2003, 04:29 AM
Poor Rose!!!

ChrisH
08-05-2003, 06:21 AM
Oh, no!:( Poor Rosie. :( That is just so unfair. That woman must have known that there just might be a problem :mad: ...... I was so happy to hear the news and now... :( Though how bad I feel must be a fraction of what you and Mike are feeling.
Hoping and praying that the real happy forever home for sweet Rosie turns up very soon.

lovemyshiba
08-05-2003, 01:37 PM
What an idiot!!!
I didn't follow this thread, but i just checked out Cobb Care on petfinder, only to see Rose's name on the list again.

How I wish I could keep her, poor girl. She must have been so confused.

Sudilar
08-05-2003, 09:14 PM
I am also asthmatically allergic to dogs. When we got Wolf, our first GSD, I got very very ill. I found an allergist willing to work with me to find the right drug combination and shots to help me. To this day I do three treatments with a nebulizer and take pills and an inhaler. I would NOT give up my dog then nor now.

In the woman's defense, she might have thought that since she wasn't allergic to her other dog, that Rose would have been ok for her. Maybe. I was allergic to poodles, but not allergic to goldens, go figure..... I was allergic to my Wolf, but not his brother, Pal.

If she was really seriously in love with Rose, a visit to the allergist would most likely help her control her allergies.

My heart breaks for Rose.

mugsy
08-05-2003, 09:38 PM
I will pass it along Sue, thanks!!

wolf_Q
08-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Oh no! :( I bet that's so hard on the sweet girl. I'm hoping everything works out with her and she will find her forever home. Keep us updated!