PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my grandmother

ChloeLove
08-03-2003, 08:45 PM
She has throat cancer, and has been slowly wasting away. They tried chemo and radiation, but nothing is working, so they just stopped doing chemo because they know it isn't going to work. We went and visited today, and she is soooo skinny, and she says she hardly eats :( She is always in pain, and I feel so bad. We're not very close, because I haven't seen her in so long, and we started seeing her again when she told us she was sick. We bring my dog with us to see her, and she lives far away, and she likes long car rides so it's okay. Chloe loves my grandmother, and I swear, she knows she is sick. She is always sitting with her and cuddling with her and licking her. She is so sweet to her, and my grandmother absolutely adores her. On the way back, my mom turned to us, and said, "That may have been the last visit. She won't be with us for much longer, just so you're prepared." I don't know why, but I wish she didn't say that because I spent the whole car ride home sad and thinking about her and death and...I don't know it's just so sad! :( But, please pray for her that she can live a little bit longer so I can spend more time with her. :( :(

tatsxxx11
08-03-2003, 09:03 PM
I'm so sorry, Amanda:( I'm sure it is very difficult for you to see your Grandmother like that. But you know, she is very, very lucky to have such a caring family and such a sweet, loving grandaughter like you. I know your visits and seeing precious Chloe, do a lot to keep her spirits up and put a smile on her face. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts, praying that you may have more comforting days together. Big hugs to you. Now go hug your precious Chloe. Our pups are so comforting at times like these. Love, Sandra

apcrs5122
08-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Oh, Amanda. I'm so sorry. I know what it's like, I've lost two grandparents, but that doesn't mean that you're going through any more or less pain. Try to remember the good times, and I'll be praying that you will be able to see her again. I'm so sorry.

With love,
Dayna

KYS
08-03-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm so sorry, to hear about your grandmother.
You visiting her, I am sure makes her so happy.
Sending many hugs and thoughts for you and
your family.

sammi
08-03-2003, 10:13 PM
Sending prayers your way and hope your grandmother isn't in so much pain.

Can you sent her a card and tell her you love her?

Karen
08-03-2003, 10:19 PM
Visit as much as you can, call her if you can't visit ...

ChloeLove
08-19-2003, 05:51 PM
I just found out she has less than five months to live! :( :( :(

pitc9
08-19-2003, 06:02 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother, I just lost mine a few months back, and like you, we were not very close, but once I knew she was sick, I tried to see her more.

It's sad sometimes to think that until your about to loose someone is when you realize you never saw them enough, or as often as you should have. But that's one of those things life teaches you!

We all have something to gain from those tough lessons of life!

Keep your chin up, and try to spend time with her!!

primabella
08-19-2003, 06:07 PM
I'm very sorry about your grandmother and the short time you have left with her. My thoughts are with you and your family. Maybe you can make her last few months great by being there for her and bringing Chloe along. :)

carole
08-19-2003, 06:50 PM
I am so sad to hear of your grandmother's illness, and how you are feeling.

Amanda just try and spend as much quality time with her as possible, I have never known the love of grandparents or Auntie's or Uncle's having emigrated to nz, so treasure what time she has left with you .

How wonderful that your pet is so loving towards her, I am sure this is bringing her some comfort.

This is a difficult time for you, I am sure your mom did not mean to make you sad the trip home, just wanted you to know the truth and be prepared, so that it would not be too much of a shock for you,she was doing what she thought was the best for you,because she cares and love's you.

Take care , thinking of you, and HUGS.

Sudilar
08-19-2003, 11:43 PM
I am so very sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I'll bet she loves when you and Chloe visit. I wish her comfort.
Hugs.

Logan
08-20-2003, 12:31 AM
Your grandmother will definitely be in my prayers. I know that you and Chloe are a blessing to her!

Logan

anna_66
08-20-2003, 08:05 AM
So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Try to spend as much time with her as you can...you won't regret it.
Your family will be in my prayers.

Amber
08-20-2003, 08:11 AM
Your Grandmother will be in my thoughts and prayers.