PDA

View Full Version : Close Call for Spike......

MaxandSpike'sMom
08-03-2003, 08:24 PM
I feel so bad for Spike...Just a little while ago we were playing fetch with his favorite red ball we threw it off the recliner down the hall (just like we always do) but this time when he jumped off to get it he hind leg got caught in between the 2 "thingys" of the foot rest and got stuck.:( :(

We got him out right away and the good news is the after he settled down he will walk on it but he does favor it after a while.

He will let us touch it and pull on it and he doesn't cry when we move it and it has great range of motion but it was really scary...I have never heard him cry so loud and so hard. Even Max was right there trying to comfort him. I'm so glad that he isn't hurt because we don't have any Vets close that will see "patients" on the weekends. The closest one is approx. 2 hours away.

micki76
08-03-2003, 09:35 PM
eek: Yikes!! That is scary. Chester jumped off our couch one time and hit the largest part of his hind leg on the extremely sharp corner of my coffee table. Well, he let out a scream (only way to describe it) that made the hair on my arms stand up! I was petrified and it took a moment to get my butt in gear and get to him. He wouldn't stand up for a minute (seemed like and hour) and then suddenly he was fine. He shaved at least 3 years off me that day!! Hope Spike feels better soon!! Playtime can be rough on a mom!!

lovemyshiba
08-04-2003, 06:55 AM
:( :( :(
poor Spike!!!

I can picture it in my mind, and I'm sure the little guy was in some pain. I'm so glad to hear that it seems to be ok--maybe you should have it checked out anyway--Kito still favors that leg he hurt a long time ago once in a while.

Max was right there to comfort him--what a great big brother:)

I'm so glad to hear that Spike is ok--he will be having a visitor (or three) this weekend:) :)

anna_66
08-04-2003, 07:19 AM
I do hope the boy is feeling much better this morning. Please give him a big {{{HUG}}} from me:)

If he's not back to his old self again today, I'm sure he will be when he gets company;)

Sudilar
08-05-2003, 09:38 PM
How scary! Hope Spike is feeling all better now.

Cookiebaker
08-05-2003, 10:04 PM
Yikes!! Poor Spike! Hopes he's feeling better!! :*(

sabies
08-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Ouch, Spike, I hope you're feeling better!