PDA

View Full Version : Jessica12345

Karen
08-03-2003, 07:22 PM
Jessica12345 has been banned from Pet Talk.

We do not know the whole truth of the matters that transpired. We suspect we never will. I gave those responsible many ways and chances to contact me, and they have not.

Even if the whole thing was a hoax, it did prove something:

Pet Talk is a wonderful, caring community. It is a community that cares for animals, yes - but cares for each other as well. The heart of Pet Talk may be a bit bruised right now, but it is a good heart, a strong heart and we will prevail as a community of pet-loving folks, and a place where, while we may disagree about matters as controversial as whether only crazy people sniff their animals' feet, we know we all love our animals, and that every pet - and every human being, too - is special.

delidog
08-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Well Said,Well Done....

jenluckenbach
08-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by delidog
Well Said,Well Done....
DITTO

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-03-2003, 07:55 PM
Well...

Don't know what to say.

Shouldn't we have given her a chance to say something? Cuz personally, if I came and saw what everyone was saying about me I wouldn't come back either.

Banning wasn't right.

Uabassoon
08-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Shouldn't we have given her a chance to say something?

She was given several chances to say something. She also could have said something as soon as she knew what was going on. She has also been contacted privately and she refused to respond.

RubyMutt
08-03-2003, 08:12 PM
The whole thing is just so sad. Jessica was such a wonderful member of Pet Talk. It was horrible thinking that she had passed, but now knowing that it was all a hoax is just sickening... I would love to hear an explanation... the TRUTH. The whole thing is just upsetting. Pet Talk is such a wonderful place, it's sad that this sort of thing happened. I stand beside Karen & Paul's decision to ban her... you shouldn't play with peoples' emotions like that.

catland
08-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Thank-you Karen and Paul. PT is a place of second and even third chances - but once in a while a person crosses a line one too many times and enough is enough.

PT continues to be a great place. Thank-you for providing this wonderful site. You guys are the best.
:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-03-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
She was given several chances to say something. She also could have said something as soon as she knew what was going on. She has also been contacted privately and she refused to respond.

You know, if I was in her position I would be scared out of my mind to come back too. I remain on Jessica's side.

Amber
08-03-2003, 08:26 PM
I agree. PT is a wonderful place to come too. PT is like a second family to me. We argue. We Laugh. We help each other.
Just like a family does. Im on your side Karen & Paul for bannig her. She shouldnt have ignored this. She should of told the truth of what really happened. But she just letted this happen to her. Oh Well it was her loss~ She lost PT and her Friends.

~amber~

Aspen and Misty
08-03-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Amber
PT is like a second family to me.

Pet talk is my first family ;) :p

I agrre with your desicion.

Ash

Kfamr
08-03-2003, 08:31 PM
She was given many chances to respond to us. No matter what, how scared she was. she could have given us information like she had to PCB. She could have even contacted PCB again and given her info to give to us. She is a liar, she is horrible. She's playing with all of our emotions, remain on "her side" all you want, although I never knew we were taking "sides". I am glad she is gone. I am glad she will never come back.

Good dicision Karen, good job.

dukedogsmom
08-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Uh oh, I might be crazy because I have smelled Duke's feet before!! Although, I don't make a habit of it. It's terrible when we get reminded of just how cruel some people can be. I think there's enough good people here to outweigh the bad, though.

RubyMutt
08-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
You know, if I was in her position I would be scared out of my mind to come back too. I remain on Jessica's side.

I truly care about everyone at Pet Talk. Even if it wasn't her that faked her death, if I were in her position I would immediately get on Pet Talk and explain everything! Pet Talkers (including myself!) were devastated and crying over her death. :mad: ERR... it's so frustrating that a person would do that to such a wonderful group of people.

allanimalswelcome
08-03-2003, 08:55 PM
I support you decision 100% Karen.

~Rachel

KYS
08-03-2003, 09:02 PM
posted by Kfamr I am glad she is gone. I am glad she will never come back.>>>>>>

Ah!! But what is to stop her or him from just signing back on
under a different user name, and fooling us again???

Karen
08-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by KYS
posted by Kfamr I am glad she is gone. I am glad she will never come back.>>>>>>

Ah!! But what is to stop her or him from just signing back on
under a different user name and fooling us again???

That's easy.

Me.

puppygrrl4eva7
08-03-2003, 09:04 PM
I agree with karen, she could have cleared things up, instead she sat by read our posts of confusion and made no attempt to straighten things out. But just out of curiousity.... Karen and Paul did you check the IP number?

Karen
08-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Yes.

KYS
08-03-2003, 09:09 PM
posted by Karen:That's easy. Me.>>>>>>

:) GREAT! Thank you Karen, that is a relief.

I hope other multiple name users will
be nipped in the bud too.

puppygrrl4eva7
08-03-2003, 09:14 PM
Oh so those messages were posted from her computer then......

HoRsELUvR
08-03-2003, 09:24 PM
I wish she had cleared things up,but i am sorry she got banned.If she really did do this,then i agree it was the wrong thing to do.i just wish we could sure about what happened.

micki76
08-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Thank you Karen & Paul. :)

jackiesdaisy1935
08-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Thank you Karen, a wise decision and we appreciate your thoughtfullness.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

apcrs5122
08-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Karen, Paul, I back your desicion 100%

Pam
08-03-2003, 09:59 PM
I guess then we can say "case closed" and move on. :)

Karen
08-03-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Pam
I guess then we can say "case closed" and move on. :)

Absolutely. Thanks everyone!

wolf_Q
08-03-2003, 10:27 PM
Good descision Karen! She had plenty of opportunity to come and tell us what happened, and she never did!

Foam
08-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Very well done. She didn't deserve the privlages Pet Talk gave her.
Now we can all forget this whole thing, leave it in the back of our minds, and get a new fresh start. :)

moosmom
08-04-2003, 06:20 AM
ILoveMyAbbyGirl

I'm sorry you have to take sides in all of this. Betrayal of trust is something that is not so easily forgiven nor forgotten. She had MANY chances to explain what happened, both on the site and privately in PM's, yet she chose not to.

I wholeheartedly support Karen and Paul's decision to ban her, and I am glad we can now put this all behind us and move on, both as a family and a community of great people and pets!

Thanks Paul and Karen!

IttyBittyKitty
08-04-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Karen
That's easy.

Me.

LOL!

I totally understand Karen and Paul's decision to ban Jessica123445 and the IP address from which the messages originated. If this individual had come back quickly to admit their mistakes (and apologised), or explained what had really happened, then perhaps the outcome would be different. But they didn't, and it has to be this way.

However, here's hoping that this person doesn't know how to change IP addresses! I could think of two easy ways but I'm not going to list them here in case a certain someone is browsing the forums as a guest. We just need to be ever vigilant, like Kfamr is!, for sniffing out anything that seems a widdle bit dodgy! Simba and Nala are on the case :D

And finally ... as Pam said ... CASE CCCCCCCCCCCCCUUUUUULOWWWWWWSED!

More on the Frito Feet ... guys, I have to admit, I don't know what Fritos smell like but love the smell of kitty feets!

lovemyshiba
08-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Great Job, Karen and Paul.
Who we knew as "jessica" seemed to be a great person, but ended up playing the cruelest joke possible on all of us--I hope he or she gets some professional help.

I'm glad we can finally drop this now, and get back to talking about what we love-----animals!!!!!:)

ramanth
08-04-2003, 08:28 AM
Thanks Karen and Paul. :)

moosmom
08-04-2003, 08:36 AM
Frito feet???? :confused:

I don't smell Moo's feet, I KISS them! They are the softest of all my cats. :D

anna_66
08-04-2003, 08:38 AM
Now we can get back to what we do best..................

TALK ABOUT OUR PETS!

2kitties
08-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Great job in a difficult situation.
Hat's off to Karen.

bluekat
08-04-2003, 09:07 AM
Thank you Karen and Paul:) I agree with you 100%

Yes, Jessica was given MANY opportunities for explaining, and she never did. I pmed her two times, but never got a reply. She was always on here browsing, but never posted.

About the frito feet, what are they supposed to smell like?
LOL, Blueberry's feet smell like litter in his litter box:p :p :p

08-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Good descision Karen! She had plenty of opportunity to come and tell us what happened, and she never did!

AMEN to that! I was ready to listen to her explanation; but by not reacting at all, she ruined that chance, even if it was someone else who did this to her!!

Good decision Karen!

Randi
08-04-2003, 10:56 AM
I too think it was the right decision Karen & Paul! Thanks! :)

Enough is enough!!

Dogz
08-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Thank you so much Karen! I agree with you 100%:)

Originally posted by anna_66
Now we can get back to what we do best..................

TALK ABOUT OUR PETS!
I totally agree anna!:D

I would like to thank Karen and Paul for making such a great site. CHEERS!:p

Albea
08-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Well done, Karen! You made the right decision, as always.

Cookiebaker
08-04-2003, 12:42 PM
One good thing from this whole mess is the outreaching and outpouring of love and care and concern pettalkers have!!! Wow!!!

And I agree that nobody should take advantage of other people's feelings like that and get away with it. Thanks Karen & Paul for keeping this place an enjoyable place to stay! :)

CamCamPup33
08-04-2003, 12:46 PM
great thinking karen and paul! now finally we can move on and pettalk will be normal again.. Although we wont forget... Thanks karen and paul for finally ending this!

PayItForward
08-04-2003, 12:50 PM
Thanks Karen & Paul :D

I would have listened to an explanation, if one had been forthcoming but it would have to have been, a heck of an convincing excuse.

Back to talking about our beautiful pets

Jenny

PS. I am so proud to read the other Jessica thread and saw the anger & hurt in the earlier pages, dissolved into posts of beautiful pets asking for belly rubs.
It just goes to show that one person can not destroy the good in people and this site.
I couldn't/wouldn't post as I was very angry and by the end of the thread, I was laughing......... I never knew snakes liked belly rubs.:eek:

Rottieluver45
08-04-2003, 12:55 PM
I agree w/ the decision to ban her.

wolfsoul
08-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Thanks Karen and Paul. :)

I also agree with the decision. Jessica had time to come out and tell us the truth, but she didn't. I believe that if she would have, she may have been let back on. But she didn't.

As for frito feet, I smelled Timber's feet, and they smell like dog? :confused:

I don't smell Moo's feet, I KISS them! They are the softest of all my cats.
Wish I could try that! :eek: Sara would scratch my face off! :eek:

CamCamPup33
08-04-2003, 01:25 PM
LOL frito feet! yeah i read the old thread about that.. i told my sister about it shes like YEAHHH they smell like fritos or doritos.. lol :D

todd
08-04-2003, 08:05 PM
what a sick joke .:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PapillonCrazie!
08-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Sheesh, lighten up :rolleyes:

CamCamPup33
08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by todd
what a sick joke .:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

whats a sick joke the faking the death thing?

mugsy
08-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but, thanks Karen and Paul.

todd
08-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
whats a sick joke the faking the death thing?
yes yes

carole
08-05-2003, 12:09 AM
I am in total agreement with karen and Paul's decision.

I really wonder how scared she would be to return, if you can fake your own death , are you really gonna be that scared to face the music, I think not.!!!

A valuable lesson has been learned by everyone, it is time to put the subject to rest, so farewell Jessica or who-ever you are.

Here's to more chatting and laughs over our beloved furry friends.

:) :cool:

P.S A lot of us put nice messages underneath our sig's, like rest in peace etc, just wondered if everyone has remembered to remove them.

shais_mom
08-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Well...

Don't know what to say.

Shouldn't we have given her a chance to say something? Cuz personally, if I came and saw what everyone was saying about me I wouldn't come back either.

Banning wasn't right.

I disagree.
Banning was exactly what was needed. We/You can't be 100% sure that Jessica12345 is EVEN a kid.

mugsy
08-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
I disagree.
Banning was exactly what was needed. We/You can't be 100% sure that Jessica12345 is EVEN a kid.

Ahhh yes, the joys of the internet. :rolleyes: That's one of my biggest pet peeves on the net.

gini
08-05-2003, 11:54 AM
I feel as though I am at some kind of prayer meeting and I need to shout......

AMEN

AMEN

AMEN

PapillonCrazie!
08-05-2003, 12:12 PM
Oh, sorry Todd! I thought you were talking about the Frito thing, LOL

kingrattus
08-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Karen: That's easy. Me.

Sorry but as soon as I read that I burst out lol.
I was reading the post before & I said in my head, "thats easy", block IP... hehehe

pitc9
08-05-2003, 08:09 PM
...I know I know....you guys want to move on and forget all this but I just got caught up here.....

I think you make a wonderful decision to ban that person
....who ever they might be!:eek:

Steffi N
08-05-2003, 09:41 PM
I had not posted about this matter, because I did not feel I had anything to add. But I had been hoping that Jessica would come forward and be truthful with us. She had many opportunities to do so. Anyway we are all getting back to the main focus of Pet Talk, pet talk.
I can't detect any odor on Lovable's feet.

Cookiebaker
08-05-2003, 10:01 PM
:o I just "checked" Malone's feet, but they just smell like mud. Guess it's time for a bath. :o

Sevens
08-05-2003, 11:11 PM
I have also been sniffing Bailey's feet lately, but only for health reasons. She recently had one of her toenails operated on (there's a thread about it in Dog Health). The vet said if it was getting infected, there would be a smell. I keep sniffing her other feet which weren't operated on and then sniffing her bad toe to see if there is a difference.

My husband probably thinks I am losing my mind or something...:rolleyes:

tomkatzid
08-05-2003, 11:15 PM
I hope she is OK, and that both her feet, and hands smell good!
Nina's smelled sour today. She swam yesterday and maybe didn't get them all the way dry.