PDA

View Full Version : Pets & Weather

Gepansy
11-26-2001, 10:55 PM
Do any of your pets act different during weather changes? Sometimes Oreo is more active in cold weather. Also Clairice limps more during cold.(she has trouble with a dislocated hip. Long story......I'll write about it later. ;))

sammi
11-27-2001, 10:34 AM
Well, I guess I would have to say so far this winter that Buddy Boy really likes the snow and the cold weather! He has been out all morning playing and its 17 above and with the wind chill its -0!!!! Will come in to warm up and then wants back out.
Tho when we had my mom's dog here many years ago (a 13 yr. old poodle) the cold really bothered her and we would have to wait by the door til she did her duty aand could get right back in. Several times we needed to go out and carry her back as she would just stand like she was frozen to the ground and this was after being out a very very short time!

purrley
11-27-2001, 12:54 PM
I've noticed a lot of discontentment with my Panda Bear. I rescued her last February so she spent most of the winter last year outdoors - it got really cold so I left my garage door open a little so she could come in the garage - had a heating pad on a chair for her also. This is when she was wild and I couldn't get close to her. Now she's living the life of luxury in my home - she still really wants to go out. I've offered a little trek on the deck so to speak, but she sticks her nose out and she's right back in, but yet she's really restless - maybe that's why she's taken to tearing up the underside of my boxsprings :mad: Whoops posted in on the dog board, guess it doesn't matter - Panda Bear is my cat by the way
:rolleyes:

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: purrley ]

Daisy's Mom
11-28-2001, 02:53 PM
Daisy limps a little on the coldest days in the winter. It's nothing serious but I think she gets arthritis or something. She also doesn't really like the snow. A little is fun but it doesn't take much to be over her head, and then she has to hop everywhere like a bunny! It's so cute! :)

zippy-kat
11-28-2001, 03:56 PM
The horses were all really, really, REALLY fresh today...so we didn't ride.

There's snow on the mts...just none here! :(

mugsy
11-28-2001, 04:55 PM
Our dogs LOVE the snow. We haven't had Dudley during the winter, so I don't know how his arthritis is going to be affected. Our dogs only limp when they get packed snow or ice between their toes.

Gepansy
11-28-2001, 05:10 PM
You guys should have seen Sara today.It snowed some last night and today.We have a trampoline in our backyard.It was covered in snow.We put a lawn chair up to it so Sara can get on it.Today she went crazy on it!!! :eek: She would get on and jump off.She would also run around then come up to the back door with her face COVERED in snow! :rolleyes: typical Sara...........

Rottie
11-29-2001, 01:15 PM
Carl is more active in cooler weather, but that's about the only change I've ever noticed. :)

ownerof3dogs
11-29-2001, 01:58 PM
Felice is 10 times more active in the winter. I think it is b/c of all her hair. And Herc and Zues Are always active no matter whaqt time of the year.

ilovehounds
11-29-2001, 07:26 PM
When its really hot Hannah doesn't like to go out side, when its raining you won't get Hannah to go outside, when its nice and sunny you can't get Hannah in the house, and when its cold she loves it and runs around like a puppy.

Copper likes all weather but he REALLY likes the sun.