PDA

View Full Version : A Big Decision!

Aspen and Misty
08-03-2003, 04:45 PM
As most of you know Julian and Boo saw each other today. They were ok exept Boo kept trying to jump through the bars of her cage :rolleyes: to get to Julian, I guess its love, LOL, Bunny Love!

We never put them together but they saw eachother through the bars and seemed to get along ok.

When we went to see Boo on friday she was nice, sweet, ADORABLE! and she had an awesome personalitly to match her breath taking black fur. Today, she was nice, friendly and she was still adorable, but she treid to bite me :( I'm so torn. I love Boo and like her alot, but now I don't know. She also can be a little mean when she is in her cage, she boxes you. I think it might just be her hormons working out of her as she was just spayed but I'm not sure :confused: she kinda scares me a little, LOL, black and Mean. ;) I do love her personality though and think with a little bit of socializing she can be an exelent bunny friend for me and J.

Well, I got alot to think about and some more researching on Bonding/bunnies to do.

O one thing that I thought was cute, when you pet her she lies down and closes her eyes, it's soooo cute!

Ash

*This has been edited, I was all shook up about her trying to bit when I first wrote it and I found the answers to my other questions*

tikeyas_mom
08-03-2003, 07:12 PM
well yes julian may hurt boo if she gets to fiesty in julians territory. rabbits are like that. I hope you make the best decision for Boo. Good luck .

Aspen and Misty
08-03-2003, 08:25 PM
To show you how small Boo is
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pffa41eb9dc784ab55f137ffa01c5daa5/fb7e0291.jpg

Look at this face..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/p7b3ec27843577e2bdd6dfd5fb7942f0a/fb7e0298.jpg

Feeling comfortable enough for a bunny roll
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pfd46a78425769f1ad38fdbab13722e4d/fb7e0294.jpg

Ash

wolfsoul
08-03-2003, 08:30 PM
I would just keep Boo a while longer, just to see if she calms down, and see if Julian learns to like her. Maybe if they aren't the best pair, you could find Boo a new home and get a bigger lazier buny :p

I was just wondering...Aren't rabbits supposed to have quarantine periods? :confused:

Aspen and Misty
08-03-2003, 08:32 PM
She went to the vet on Thursday during her spay and got a check up to make sure she was nice and healthy! :D

She is not at our home yet, still at Wiscoy. If we adopt her we will be getting her on Saturday.

Ashley

Daisylover
08-04-2003, 09:58 AM
So have you figured out why she bit you???? You're a smart girl.... like, maybe she was nervous? And you were coming at her from the blind spot right in front of her face? And that you are a stranger and she didn't know what to expect of you??????
The cage is their sanctuary and they will defend it???? And that you NEVER reach in a cage or travel carrier to pull a rabbit out or the charging/biting/boxing will happen????

When you get her home you are going to have to get her to trust you...it won't be instaneous...you'll have to work at it...with both of you on the floor...a lot...for maybe a week or two....

She really hasn't had a chance with you yet...it's wwwaaayyyyy too soon to write her off...........

Aspen and Misty
08-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Acctaully, me and my dad talked about it, and deced that I either must had scared her or she just still was un sure about me, which is understandable because I'm a new human in a stressful inverment (floor of the pet store) so I understand, now, compltly what happened. The rest of the time she felt comfortable around me, every tiem I pet her she would lay on the floor and close her eyes, it was sooo cute.

Originally posted by Daisylover

She really hasn't had a chance with you yet...it's wwwaaayyyyy too soon to write her off...........

Acctually, I'm sending in the aplication tonight and as soon as it's aproaved she is offically mine :D thats right, were adopting her.

I know it's going to take lots of work to get her to trust me and to get her and lil J to be friends but it's all part of the challenge of adopting this little girl. She is to good to be passed off and say well she did try to bite me ONCE. I'm exited to be adding her into our life. I know she's a great bunny deep down in that wonderful black fur of hers. For all we know she could have been an outside bunny who was never loved so yea, it's gonna take some time to get her to trust me and understand that she will never be forgotten in our home. Teh rescuer did say that Boo's old family probly didn't know alot abotu bunnies or didn't like boo that much because they dropped her off in the worst shelter in the area, I'm just praying they didn't know she was going to be fed to a snack, if so they are some horrible horrible people. :( and I can only imagine the life Boo had before going to Wiscoy.

Daisylover- I know not to pull her out of the cage or travel carrier, I've been doing TONS of reserch latly to refresh my mind of what a real bunny is like or acts like cause Julian is a odd bunny. The rescuer was putting her hand in to move teh hay and that was when Boo boxed her, she probly didn't want her hay touched. I know with some time and effort she will become a wonderful friend to me and Julian. She is infact already a wonderful bunny.

So, I'm telling the rescuer ourdecision tonight, that we want to adopt her and if all goes well she will be coming home with us either Thursday or Saturday, I can't wait! I'll give you and up date if anything new happens.

Ashley

Daisylover
08-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Well that's great Ash! I am REALLY happy for you and Boo AND Julian...you are all going to benefit from adding her to your household. The fact that she closes her eyes when you pet her is a Great sign!!!! of trust. You are on your way!!!!!!! Yeah team, and a special big yeah for Dad, who said yes! :cool:

Aspen and Misty
08-05-2003, 12:40 PM
:D Teh rescuer keeps tempting me to get more and more bunnies LOL. I told her we wanna adopt boo and she just keeps sending me all these otehr adorable bunnies up for adoption! I want umm all ;)

Ash

CamCamPup33
08-05-2003, 03:52 PM
aww!! how about some pics?! ;) :p

Aspen and Misty
08-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
aww!! how about some pics?! ;) :p

I have TONS of pics, LOL. I've posted most of them already! Wait till I bring her home, you guys will be showered with pics!

Ash

CamCamPup33
08-05-2003, 04:28 PM
pics?!?! where?! :D

Aspen and Misty
08-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Here -
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31541&highlight=Boo+pics

Ash