PDA

View Full Version : Possibly another dog?

WestieKisses
08-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Well...I guess there's two sides to every story...and in this case, there's a sad side...and a happier side. I might as well tell them both. ;)

After my grandpa died, my grandma got pretty lonely and decided to get a dog. She ended up getting this adorable little Sheltie boy named Bailey. Unfortunately, he's a little too rambunctious and noisy for her...and her apartment. She's had him for nearly two years, but just can't keep him anymore. Now...that's the sad part.

The happy part?

We might take him. :) However, Bailey and Lexie have never met...so we kind of have to figure out if they get along or not before we actually say yes. My mom and I are actually going to go see my grandma next week, and we will be taking Lex with us...for experimental purposes. ;) Hopefully, I'll have some pictures from that.

I do have a picture of Bailey, so feel free to take a look. I have a few more, but my computer basically 'ate' the pictures I had scanned in. Ay...lol.

Beautiful Bailey...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/p013ec4f31f3c79d7e8fc7da2cf96158f/fb7f2cd0.jpg

So anyway, wish us luck!! :D ;) :) :p

Aspen and Misty
08-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Good luck. I hope it all works out for you! She is breath taking!

Ash

KYS
08-03-2003, 12:15 PM
I hope she gets along with your household.
It would be wonderful if you could give her
a good home.
Crossing toes and fingers for you.

Cataholic
08-03-2003, 12:25 PM
You are right, both sad and happy parts to that story. Keep in mind that the doggies may not take to one another at first sight, esp., since it will be on Bailey's territory. If your gramma didn't socialize him lots, or have many visitors, it is possible it just might be a retraining issue. I hope things will work out!!

WestieKisses
08-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the good vibes...I just hope they stay around for next week. ;)

Keep in mind that the doggies may not take to one another at first sight, esp., since it will be on Bailey's territory. If your gramma didn't socialize him lots, or have many visitors, it is possible it just might be a retraining issue.

We are well aware...and are definitely ready for whatever the two of them might throw our way. He's definitely been socialized plenty, he's just a little bit...hyper. lol. But yes, he definitely needs to be retrained...no doubt about it. :)

binka_nugget
08-03-2003, 02:45 PM
You might want them to meet on neutral territory, maybe at a park or something.

By the way, if you don't want him, I'll take him LOL jk. That's one handsome pup! I'd die for another sheltie:rolleyes:

WestieKisses
08-03-2003, 04:32 PM
You might want them to meet on neutral territory, maybe at a park or something.

We were thinking the same thing...there is a park about a block down from my grandma's apartment complex. Hopefully it will work out.

By the way, if you don't want him, I'll take him LOL jk. That's one handsome pup! I'd die for another sheltie

lol, I'll let you know. ;) :D

Foam
08-03-2003, 04:45 PM
He is one handsome boy! Good luck! :D Lexie needs a playmate ;)