PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife center I visited......OMG

Fox-Gal
08-02-2003, 11:45 PM
A couple of days ago I went to a wildlife center that my husband has just started helping out at. It's been on my mind sense then, so I feel like venting some.

This place amazed me on what they can get away with. If it was us as pet owners, we be on the local news and our pets removed from our home.

When you first pull into their yard, the first thing you notice, is not the animals but, the trash piled high in a corner of the yard. And I do mean piled, you can see the rats running through it. As I was told later, they trap the rats to use as food for some of the animals in the center. As if that an excuse to leave trash right out front. :rolleyes:

Then there's the house, not sure which was worse, the trash outside or the trash inside. The smell hits you before you even open the door. They have all kinds of baby wildlife running around, helpers bottle feeding, nursing wounds, etc. You can't help but to fallin love with the animals....they are all so cute. But to not clean up behind them......there's no reason for that. My husband tell me it been like that sense he started helping out. He wont even wash his hand in their bathroom it's so nasty. The animals waste is left where ever it lands, walk through it or over it....your choise!!

The whole place was like this.....we where walking around the grounds, unkeeped, trash every where, just plain run down. Rats everywhere, snakes, dead chickens around.....well you got the idea. In talking to the man I was told that this is nature's way and it is not up to them to alter it in any way. He told me about there license and some of the rules they must live by and how hard it is to keep up with the place.

OK first, nature doen't leave trash out...people do!! Second they have less land then we have on our place.....we keep up with it, just fine. We have 90+ animals here....I know they are not tiger's,monkeys, deer etc. ....but we are only 2 people and can handle it. I counted 8 people there....take 2 or 3 and mow, clean, pick up trash something!!!!!:mad: What really gets to me is the state licenses them...so it's ok for them? Shouldn't the rules be the same for them as it is for us? Commom sence here fokes!! Health issues here!!

Oh did I forget to tell you two of the woman that work there also have their small children running around this place. :eek:

Ok I'm done venting now, let me just tell you the good news in all this...they are giving us some peacocks. :D Also they are going to check us out for a monkey. You got to love that....THEY ARE GOING TO CHECK US OUT.....them checking anyone out is a laugh. I say bring it on....atleast our yard is clean and no rats. lol

IttyBittyKitty
08-03-2003, 02:21 AM
Gosh, I can understand your rage! That is just filthy! I just hate how luddites and extremist greenies use the "nature's way" excuse to justify horrifying behaviour!

Wow, you have 90+ animals????? :eek: :eek: and is that a boxer in your avatar? :D

delidog
08-03-2003, 07:26 AM
What a shame...

Is it in Fl.???there are alot of wildlife refuges down here...al that do a good job....hope that this one is addressed....

bluekat
08-03-2003, 09:48 AM
omg, that is horrible!:mad: What would they do then if the place fills up with the animal waste? That;s disgusting.

I can't believe you have 90+ animals! That is alot.:eek: and they're giving you peacocks and a monkey? I would love to have those:D

Fox-Gal
08-03-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty

Wow, you have 90+ animals????? :eek: :eek: and is that a boxer in your avatar? :D

Yeah 90+ little critters running around here. :)

Thats a Boxer in my avatar....I have 3 right now, Boxers not avatar. :D LOL

Fox-Gal
08-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
omg, that is horrible!:mad: What would they do then if the place fills up with the animal waste? That;s disgusting.

I can't believe you have 90+ animals! That is alot.:eek: and they're giving you peacocks and a monkey? I would love to have those:D

Oh they say they hose it down, every once in awhile. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I already have peacoks so whats a few more, plus I need more females. As for the monkey...I have wanted one every sense I was a child. So why not get one....whats one more pet going to hurt. Just more love.