PDA

View Full Version : Beyond The Rainbow

lizbud
08-02-2003, 08:30 PM
In memory of my Buddy and all other Pet Talk's beloved furry
members who have passed over Rainbow Bridge this past year.
Buddy (Mar, 1993-Aug 2, 2002) They will always live in our hearts.

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

cg - 1995

tatsxxx11
08-03-2003, 07:21 AM
Oh Liz, what a beautiful poem; so heartwrenching yet holding such promise. I remember with great saddness the day your beautiful boy Buddy passed on.:( It's hard to believe it was a year ago yesterday. I'm sure it was a tough day for you. I don't think there was ever a more beloved furkid than your sweet, sweet boy. Hopefully your deep saddness has now been replaced with the many, many happy days you two shared and the memories you made. We love you Buddy.

Cataholic
08-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Liz,
What a beautiful poem. I didn't get the chance to know Buddy before he passed to the other side . In reading the poem, I did. May your heart be a bit lighter now, and filled with the warm memories the two of you shared.

lovemyshiba
08-03-2003, 11:31 AM
What a beautiful poem Liz.

I didn't have a chance to "know" Buddy, but I know he was loved and had a great life, and he is enjoying his new life at the Bridge.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Well, I'm all awash is tears after reading that. It was beautiful! Twice a day, I ask God to give all our pets at the Rainbow Bridge hugs, cuddles, and kisses and let them know they are not forgotten. I'm sure He does.

Leroy, (RB 2002) you behave yourself up there. I don't want to hear you were naughty when I come to get you. I bet Mom and Dad visit you daily and have you and all my babies there spoiled rotten, eh? Please know, no other has or could take your place in my heart.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Hi Liz, what a beautiful tribute to Buddy. He was very special, and I'm so glad you have Smokey now to fill a little of the void. That poem put tears in my eyes also, I still miss my Kona who was 15 when she passed over the bridge. Hugs to Smokey from all of us.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

moosmom
08-04-2003, 10:09 AM
Lizbud,

That was truly beautiful. After I read it, it got me to thinking about my two RB kitties, Marina Mar, (November, 2001), Casey (Bubba Dude) (December, 2002) and of course, my foster RB kitty, Miss Carrie (July, 2003).

Would you mind if I made a copy of it and put it in a frame next to Casey's picture and ashes? It would mean alot to me.

Thanks.

lizbud
08-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Moosmom,

No of course I wouldn't mind. If it doesn't print out or copy
correctly, I could pm or e-mail it to you. I really wanted to sit
a minute and post a list of all the pets who passed to RB within
the last year, but I was afraid I'd leave someone's sweetie out.

It's a message for anyone who's ever lost a special pet or pets.

sammi
08-05-2003, 12:20 AM
That was a lovely tribute to your Buddy and all the others who have passed on. I remember the time well when you lost your Buddy.

crazy bout my suki
08-05-2003, 01:26 AM
im so sorry about you loss ,your poem touched my heart and i couldnt hold back the tears. all i know is that all the furry lil animals that god has placed on this earth are undercover lil angels and that when our time comes to leave this earth we will be reunited with them for ever.

Sudilar
08-05-2003, 08:59 PM
I never will forget the sad news that Buddy passed on to Rainbow Bridge. I remember that I wrote a poem and sent it to you at that sad time. I really hope there is a Rainbow Bridge where all our beloved pets wait. That would be my picture of heaven.

carole
08-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Thank you Lizbud for posting that precious poem, I never knew your furbaby, but I know the heartache you felt at loosing him.

It is a lovely thought to think of other's who have lost that special friend, as I did this year also.

To everyone who has lost their furbabies, HUGS to you all, and your memories will never fade.

I still miss you my darling little Sooti, A FURANGEL ONLY LENT, you will remain in my heart forever, until we meet again, I LOVE YOU.

tikeyas_mom
08-05-2003, 11:11 PM
I have had alot of pets pass this year :(. I feel better thinking that they are in a better place like the rainbow bridge. RIP: Angel, Jade, and Spanky. :(