PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop 7 question

ILoveReptiles
08-02-2003, 05:53 PM
I don't know who here is pretty well versed in photoshop but I'm having an issue with it. I am running XP Professional and whenever I open an image the colors are all off. I have to go to view>Proof Setup, and make sure RGB/Monitor is selected and then the colors are normal again.

How can I set it up so it's in this mode all the time? I've tried putting it on RGB but it opens up in windows rgb and that's still got the colors all skewed and dull.

It's very irritating.

janiceruth
08-02-2003, 08:52 PM
See if you can find your answer under display properties...What did the program ask that it be set? I had a trial 7 with XP and had no problems...

tomkatzid
08-02-2003, 09:05 PM
When I go to Setup the "line Working CMYK" is checked not the Windows RGB.
How long has 7 been on your computer and have you gotten the latest updates? does it do it all the time or is just the first time you've used it? When I rebooted last time there were 2 files it uploaded. I've had mine a yr or so, a bit after it came out.
I will send your ? to my grafics friend in CA. and hope for an answer tonight.
Katz

ILoveReptiles
08-02-2003, 09:15 PM
It's been on my PC for a while now and I have all the latest updates. And I have it checked on Monitor RGB now under Proof Setup but the colors are still skewed (dulled)