PDA

View Full Version : My Heroines

Edwina's Secretary
08-02-2003, 01:59 PM
In a couple of weeks my husband is taking me to Savannah Georgia for my birthday. As a girl Juliette Gordon Low was a heroine of mine and I want to see her hometown.

So I was thinking about heroines....

Sasvermont, Ally Cat's Mommy, and Gini...you guys are heroines to me for rising above the fray and accenuating the positive. Thanks to you and all those who participated in your threads....

And Popcornbird...you are a heroine to me too. Loyalty and optimism are good traits to have. Sometimes you get burned...oh well...and sometimes you get rewarded!

AmberLee
08-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Great thread.

Hmmm. Growing up my heroines were Madame Curie, Helen Keller, and Elenore (sp? Sorry, it's late and my eyes are crossing...) Roosevelt.

My Pet Talk heroines include (but are not limited to): Karen for her initiative; Edwina's Secretary for her warmth and humor; Wolflady for her verve and sense of fun; Tats (Sandra) for her dedication and thoughtfulness; KAK for her photographic talent and her tenderness for four-leggers and two leggers around here... and Edwina for her God given gift of STYLE that is world shaking. :rolleyes:

I love youse guys!

Logan
08-03-2003, 06:42 AM
Nice post, ladies! Very thoughtful!!

And Sarah, have a great trip to Savannah. It will be muggy and hot, but the beauty of the place will make it all worthwhile. It is a beautiful city.

Logan

mugsy
08-03-2003, 08:56 AM
1. My mom
2. My maternal grandmother
3. The great aunt that raised my dad
4. Helen Keller
5. Shirley Chisholm

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-04-2003, 02:54 AM
Thank you so much for your kind words! I have also met so many people who I admire since I joined Pet Talk......

I have really been enjoying the ongoing saga of Edwina and Eduardo (what a pleasure to read the August Diary - things are looking up!). I would also like to know if Edwina's Secretary is also Edwina's Interior Decorator - your house looks absolutely gorgeous:) And of course Edwina can always be relied on to give us a smile with her great photos - thanks for going to all the effort to share this with us.

I feel so much admiration for Kim, Jen and all the other Foster Meowmies on PT - honestly guys, I don't know how you do it - but I'm very glad you do! You make such a difference to so many precious little kitties, and we all thank you for that!

I must agree that Popcornbird deserves a lot of respect for the way she handled a very unpleasant situation. Your loyalty towards your friend was admirable. I just hope this doesn't prevent you from being loyal and trusting in the future((HUGS))).

My "real-life / non-cyber" hero would have to be Nelson Mandela. I grew up as a teenager in the dark apartheid years in South Africa. Not being South-African born, I was less accepting of the situation than many of my peers. I almost got expelled from high-school for "being an activist" (which at the time was anything not agreeing 100% with the government and school board).

More than anything else, I would love to meet "Madiba". When you think about what HE endured, and forgave, finding forgiveness for the petty squabbles of everyday life becomes so much easier!

(OK - I've climbed off my soapbox!)

:D