PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving out of town this wednesday.. and i don't want to leave T & J!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-02-2003, 08:14 AM
We are going to the Juanita Bynum conference in Missouri next week and I have been excited up unitl now. I was driving to work and thinking about having to leave Tinky and Jupiter... and now I wish we weren't going. My mom is going to come by every day and play with them and feed them... BUT I'M GOING TO MISS THEM.... this is the first time I've been away from them. I have a friend that has 2 kids and anytime we would go somewhere all she could talk about is how she missed her kids.... and I could not understand how she didn't appreciate the break?!? Now I do.... I guess when you love someone or something so much... you don't want to leave them... :eek:

Cataholic
08-02-2003, 08:48 AM
He he he...I know this so well. Shoot, even a long day at work can do it for me. Know that your kitties will be fine, they have each other, and will be cared for by your mom. How much more responsible can she be, she raised you!! So, enjoy your time away knowing they are safe, and will be extra happy to see you when you return.

Have a safe time.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-02-2003, 08:55 AM
I know how you feel - I miss Ally so much when we travel!

It's funny - before I had her, if I went on vacation, the last few days of the holiday would be a bit of a "downer", knowing that I had to return to work etc. ........... But knowing that Ally is waiting at home for me, seams to make the homecoming so much nicer!

Have a great trip!

Killearn Kitties
08-02-2003, 09:46 AM
I know just how you feel, it's not nice to be separated from your cats. We're just back from holiday and Ally Cat's Mommy is right it's just so great to get back and see them again!

bluekat
08-02-2003, 10:07 AM
I know how it feels. Even leaving Blueberry at the vet for a day is hard for me. But the longest I've been away from him was about 3 days in May when I went to Ottawa(with 3 classes at school).

rg_girlca
08-02-2003, 01:29 PM
My heart goes out to you cause I know exactly how you feel.
When I had to go to Mississauga, Ontario, for my nephew's wedding, I had to leave Buddy & Katie. I drove my sons nuts with all the instructions on what to do with my babies. They were, "Yes Mom, we know Mom, don't worry Mom."
While I was in Mississauga, I called 3 times to see how the animals were.

Like Cataholic said, enjoy your time, cause they will be extra happy to see you.

Have a safe trip.

Steffi N
08-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Awww. I know you will miss Tinky and Jupiter and they will miss you. But your mom will take good care of them and they will be waiting to greet you when you walk in the door. Have a safe trip.

krazyaboutkatz
08-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Sara, I can relate to this since I just got back from my vacation a week ago. Luckily I was able to have a co-worker/friend take care of them. The last few days of my vacation I found myself thinking more and more about my furkids. I was so glad to get home and all 4 of them greeted me and were very happy to see me. :D Have a safe and fun trip. :)

Miss Meow
08-03-2003, 12:57 AM
It'll be interesting upon your return to see if you're greeted with the 'mummycat, you're hoooooome!' or the 'oh, it's you, she who deserted us' ... :) Have a great trip, T&J are in loving hands :)

bisi.cat
08-03-2003, 03:16 AM
I know how you feel...last year we've been away on holidays for the first time since Nellie came to live with us!!!
My mom took such good care of her...she came over to our house three times a day (!)...I am still so grateful to her...I've phoned in every evening only to find out that really nothing serious has happened, everything went smooth and fine...but what a welcome it was when we returned home!!!
Nellie dashed out of the gate of our front garden and we fell into each others arms/paws with lots of kissies and hugs...

SO FULLY ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS, AND KEEP LOOKING FOWARD TO THE TOPPING OF THE CAKE: THE WELCOME BACK HOME!!!:D

IttyBittyKitty
08-03-2003, 08:02 AM
The day after we got Pixel, as you would remember, we had to leave her with the White Coats for a week. It was AGONY! I couldn't imagine having to do it again :( I will be going away for two weeks at the end of the year to see my humans and two of my furkids in Canberra. Scott will be here with Pixel for most of it, but I will still fret!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-03-2003, 08:16 AM
I guess I never thought about the return home!! I will be so happy to see them.... and they better be happy to see me too, because they will be getting LOTS of hugs and kisses when I get back;). ... BUT .. I am going to miss them so much!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-04-2003, 03:27 PM
I find the hardest part is going to bed with no Tubby and waking up with no Tubby in bed with me, and no Peanut to follow me into the bathroom. During the day you'll be so busy that it won't be a problem, but it's those quiet times right before bed and right when you get up that will be the worse.

Just thought I'd give you a little warning. ;)

I'm sure your mom will do a great job of taking care of T & J, so enjoy your trip and don't worry about them. Missing them makes the homecoming that much sweeter. :D