PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the arguments

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-02-2003, 02:07 AM
The following poem sums up my opinion.

I have enough stress in my life without watching/hearing/reading other people argue (it's the same reason I NEVER listen to Talk Radio);) ;)

HUGS to the PT'ers, and belly-rubs to the fur-kids!
Julie

DO IT ANYWAY

Written By Mother Theresa

People are often unreasonable, illogical,
and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, People may accuse you
of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some
false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,
people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone
could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,
people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis,
it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway

tomkatzid
08-02-2003, 02:09 AM
Well said Mother T:D :D :D

Nomilynn
08-02-2003, 02:13 AM
I agree!!! :) :)

Kfamr
08-02-2003, 02:29 AM
I'm sick of the lying as well as the arguments. "Families" aren't supposed to lie to each other. Pet Talk isn't that same it used to be.

Fox-Gal
08-02-2003, 02:37 AM
Well done! :) :)

Aspen and Misty
08-02-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I'm sick of the lying as well as the arguments. "Families" aren't supposed to lie to each other. Pet Talk isn't that same it used to be.

I feel the same way, what is the world coming to that not even a web site can be a happy place any more? With all the lieing, cheating and stealing. I used to love comeing to pet talk, but now I'm not so sure :confused:

Ash

LoudLou
08-02-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Unfortunately, I HAVE to Agree with your statement Kayann.

One reason I don't post as much anymore... Remember the "Good 'Ol Days".... What happened?!?!

jenluckenbach
08-02-2003, 06:01 AM
AMEN to the poem.

now for the comments:

It can be, all you have to do is stop reading and contributing to the threads that are argumentative, and start new happier threads

With all the lieing, cheating and stealing. I used to love comeing to pet talk, but now I'm not so sure
Again, IGNORE those type of threads in favor of the pleasant ones. Make a few of your own.

One reason I don't post as much anymore... Remember the "Good 'Ol Days".... What happened?!?!
The bottom line is, people can ONLY take advantage of you IF you LET them. By continuing to read and post on threads that in the end are making you dislike pet talk you are allowing THEM to win. We, the people that post here, MAKE pet talk what it is. If we stop posting our true stories (and they can be happy or sad) then we rob ourselves of this wonderful community. SO GET OFF YOUR BUTTS, STOP COMPLAINING AND START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THE WAY YOU FEEL!

Kfamr
08-02-2003, 06:09 AM
There is NO way we can stop them lying, all we can do is catch them. Why should we ignore someone faking their death? It is not something to ignore it is not something to let blow by. It's something we have to catch and stop. It's something we cannot continue but there is no way we can keep it from happening. People chose what they want to do. All we can do is try to stop it.

I've started new, "Happy" threads.

How are we supposed to get off our butts and do something about Pet Talk? LOl. That made no sense. Unless it was supposed to mean get off Pet Talk.:rolleyes: :confused:

jenluckenbach
08-02-2003, 06:22 AM
You know what????!!!!
Forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you can't let go of something you cannot control, then it will control you.
You yourself, in that last post, said

There is NO way we can stop them lying....... there is no way we can keep it from happening
but then you contradicted yourself by saying

All we can do is try to stop it.
Now answer this: How can we stop what we can't keep from happening?
THAT is the exact reason we need to ignore it! If those people do not get the attention they are seeking, they will move on to a place where they WILL get the attention.
So, you don't want to drop the subject? then DON'T.....but don't complain about it making pet talk different than it used to be.

Kfamr
08-02-2003, 06:27 AM
I'm not going to bother with you but when someone jokes about dying it's not something I myself can ignore. It's not something to ignore. It is serious.:rolleyes:

I wasn't complaining. I was just simply stating that Pet Talk if completely different than it was years ago when I joined.

Cataholic
08-02-2003, 08:43 AM
Nothing stops those seeking attention in their tracks like ignoring them.

I am with Jen. Ignore the posts you know are seekers of attention, and contribute to those that are worthy.

Lead by example.

moosmom
08-02-2003, 08:55 AM
people can ONLY take advantage of you IF you LET them

Jen,

THAT is a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt and one that I try to live by. There are alot of good points here. Cataholic summed it up perfectly.

I am now in my ignore mode and will follow suit.

lovemyshiba
08-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Great poem!!!

I agree with Jen, ignore the posts that get totally out of hand, and contribute to the ones you want.

catmandu
08-02-2003, 09:48 AM
I agree with my friend Jen. My dear Mother got along with everyone by accentuating the Positive , as in the ols Song. she simply did not give the Negative people a chance , but always had a smile for all , and was so upbeat in her life!When she came to visit , even The Cats that were scared came to her! There is so much to be happy about. People dont realize just how well we are off in this World. we are the privledged , do you realize that there are 1,0000,000, 000 peoplw who have never even seen a TV , or used a phone or have enough to eat! We are so lucky and so ungrateful for what the Lord has provided! A cat takes what comes and is happy for each day , the way we should be!

Randi
08-03-2003, 09:15 AM
It's a great poem! :)

I agree with what Jen and Cataholic said! If you take a look at the argumentative threads, you can see who posted.