PDA

View Full Version : I've got a HAPPIE unconed kitty!!!!

Nomilynn
08-01-2003, 10:35 PM
Bassett isn't wearing her cone OR her bandages, and she's doing great! She's also SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! This evening she was playing and rolling on the floor like a big goof.. it's great to see her like this. I think I can FINALLY say that I can see an end to all this :)

kimlovescats
08-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Oh, I am soooooo happy to hear this wonderful news! Now, we MUST have pictures of the new improved, happy & healthy Bassett!!! :D :D :D

Nomilynn
08-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Oh, I am soooooo happy to hear this wonderful news! Now, we MUST have pictures of the new improved, happy & healthy Bassett!!! :D :D :D

As soon as Nate lets me have the camera for a weekend (;) boys and electronics!!!) you got it! :)

shais_mom
08-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Yea for sweet Bassett!!!

sasha the cat
08-01-2003, 10:56 PM
:D :D Mew, Bassett! No wonder you're sooooo happy. The cone & bandages are gone (fur~ever, we hope) and that is reason to celebrate.

Me-eoW, my KatMa is waiting for new pix of you -- all better and rid of the medical stuff.

carole
08-01-2003, 11:13 PM
THREE CHEERS for naomi and bassett HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY.

Seriously I am so glad to hear this new's, you have both been through such a lot, FANTASTIC, see there is alway's light at the end of the tunnel.

I raise my glass, here's to naomi and bassett and a very happy long future free of health problems and pain, cheers:) ;)

LoudLou
08-01-2003, 11:24 PM
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE! So happy for you all.... The Beans and LOUD Louie want to do the "Happy Dance"!!!!

AmberLee
08-02-2003, 12:52 AM
What wonderful news!

Foam
08-02-2003, 01:23 AM
YeaH!!!! Good for you, Bassett! :D:D:D Can't wait to see those pictures!! :D congratulations on getting your life back! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-02-2003, 02:13 AM
Yay - great news. Hope you have a great weekend playing with the cone-less bandage-less Bassett!

Ally sends big Kitten Kisses:D

IttyBittyKitty
08-02-2003, 03:34 AM
Woohoo!!!!!!! Naomi, that must be the BIGGEST relief! You and Basett have been to hell and back in the last few months!

Give Basett a cuddle from me and Pixel ... and thanks for the lovely card!

Kirsten
08-02-2003, 03:51 AM
I'm so happy to hear this!!!! :) That's wonderful news!!!

Poor Bassett has been through such a lot and she must feel great now without her cone!

How is she doing btw, health-wise, I mean? Did the surgery improve her condition a lot or is she still showing any symptoms? Or is it too early to tell?

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
08-02-2003, 05:50 AM
This has to be the BEST news ever!!!!!!!! Let us all say a collective "****WHEW..........AAAAAHHHHH*****"
:D Hurray for BAssett:D

08-02-2003, 06:12 AM
MEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurray for sweet Bassett!!

Steffi N
08-02-2003, 06:41 AM
Bassett, I am so happy for you. After such an ordeal this is wonderful news. We all love you.

sasvermont
08-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Wow, I bet you are ALL happy! Nothing any worse than having an unhappy pet!

I surely hope this trend continues and that you and your sweet baby live happily ever after!

L,
SAS

smokey the elder
08-02-2003, 07:41 AM
I'll bet Bassett is going to spend a LONG time having a bath and a scratch! "meowmie, I've had an itch there for WEEKS!:( "

Congratulations, sweet baby.

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-02-2003, 08:05 AM
WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!

This is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see when I came to Pet Talk this morning!!!! I am so happy now.... *HUGS* for both of you... I will be sitting at the edge of my chair waiting for pictures! I am so happy for this happy ending!!!:D

moosmom
08-02-2003, 08:27 AM
Naomi,

That is wonderful news!!! I'm sure sweet Bassett is quite happy now.

I raise my glass, here's to naomi and bassett and a very happy long future free of health problems and pain, cheers

I'll drink to that!!!!!! (*hic*)

Hugs and head bumpies!!

Cataholic
08-02-2003, 08:56 AM
Congratulations, and best wishes to both Bassett and Naomi! May this be a trend!!! Oh, and hurry up A/V department. Really, I think you have fallen down on the job of photo and video updates! :D

Killearn Kitties
08-02-2003, 09:39 AM
Excellent news!! Lets hope for no more setbacks. What can Nate possibly be taking pictures of if not sweet Bassett?

lovemyshiba
08-02-2003, 10:22 AM
Wonderful news!!!!
I'm so happy to hear that Bassett is getting so much better, and back to normal!!

Now hurry up with those pictures!!:)

RedHedd
08-02-2003, 11:55 AM
YIPPEE! HURRAY! YAHOO! MEOWZA! YAY! Bassett! Mitzi and Mishi send kitty high-fives too. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-02-2003, 12:23 PM
YIPEEEE!!!!
SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!! :D

Lirathal
08-02-2003, 12:34 PM
shut your pie holes :P, I'm getting there :LOL:

Naomi lives three hours away, as such, so does Bassett :).

We'll get there eventually until then have a look at this

Regards,
A/V Dept

Lirathal
08-02-2003, 12:36 PM
next

Nomilynn
08-02-2003, 12:43 PM
pie holes.. geesh.. I suggest we all get a pie and throw them one by one at Nate!!! :eek: ;) :D

Bassett is being soooo sweet and cute :) She's so happy to be free!!! :)

Kirsten - her heath is great. The chylothorax has not come back. The only thing is there may still be a bit of swelling, but nothing too serious at this point :)

Thanks all! :)

Naomi

HayleyRosie
08-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Naomi,
I'm so glad to hear Bassett is getting back to herself again. Bassett has always been one of my favorites here at Pet Talk and I am very happy to see her well again.

rg_girlca
08-02-2003, 01:02 PM
Oh Happy Happy Joy Joy.

This is the best new ever. I'm so glad to hear that Bassett's health is doing great. We knew you could do it sweetheart.

What a breath of fresh air to read this.

I feel like going on my balcony and yelling, WWWOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOO, YOU GO GIRL.
But my neighbours think I'm crazy already:D, don't need to add to it.

Gosh this has really, truely made my day.
I am soooooo happy for you Naomi. You did a fantastic job in bringing your girl back to you.

Kirsten
08-02-2003, 01:06 PM
Kirsten - her heath is great. The chylothorax has not come back. The only thing is there may still be a bit of swelling, but nothing too serious at this point

I'm so happy for you and Bassett! Please give her a hug from Luna and me! :)

Kirsten

Felicia's Mom
08-02-2003, 08:09 PM
I'm so glad Bassett's problems are coming to an end.

krazyaboutkatz
08-02-2003, 08:24 PM
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! This is the best news ever!!!! :D :D :D I'm so glad that Bassett is returning to her old self again. :)

Cinder & Smoke
08-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Oh Happie Daze!! :) :D

Welcome back to the Land of the NO-Cones, Bassett!

:D

Miss Meow
08-03-2003, 01:05 AM
Woohoo! :D :D :D

popcornbird
08-03-2003, 01:49 AM
Wonderful news! Congrats Bassett! :D

ChrisH
08-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Wonderful news!:D :D :D :D

Vio&Juni
08-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Woohoo!

Juni sends nose kisses to sweet Basset :)

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-04-2003, 09:15 AM
Yea! What great news! Here's to your continued speedy recovery, Bassett!

Barbara
08-04-2003, 09:45 AM
Bassett, it makes me happy to hear about it. We all at PT are very proud of you!!!!
You made it girl. Bassett you rock:) :) :)

ramanth
08-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Wonderful news!!! YAY!!!!! :D

Hugs and headbumpies to darling Bassett.

apcrs5122
08-04-2003, 10:08 AM
YAY!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see some pics;) :D

Noserubbies, and headbumpies to Bassett

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-04-2003, 04:23 PM
This is such wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for sweet Bassett and for you Naomi. I raise my glass too the toast too, just have to wait until after work to actually drink out of it. :rolleyes: :D

And A/V dept. 3 hours!!! That's your excuse? What kind of excuse is that I'd like to know....:rolleyes: ;) :D

Thanks for the pics you did put up though. I think that is the cutest cone I've ever seen! Where did you get in Naomi, or did someone make it for you?

Hugs to all of you, and extra skritchies to the happy to be un-coned Bassett! :D

wolfsoul
08-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Yay for Bassett! I think you deserve some kittynip ;)

Can't wait to see pics of the unconed kitty! :D

catland
08-04-2003, 06:57 PM
I love the cone pic - it looks like Bassett is dreaming of Mr. Fish.

Nomilynn
08-04-2003, 08:05 PM
I did a search on soft collars on google, and this webpage came up:

http://www.bonafido.com/page7.html

I wasn't satisfied with the info on the website, so I emailed them. They got back to me RIGHT away and were very polite.. gold star #1 :)

I decided to go for it. I used the online order form and used a credit card. About 45 mins after I put in the order, on a Saturday, I got a phone call from "California" on my call display. It was this company, asking me to verify the address because they didn't want to write it wrong, and were concerned they would do it improperly and I wouldn't get my product. He was very nice on the phone, and I thought the call was a nice touch. Gold star #2.. :)

Then, after it got here (about 5 days), I put it on Bassett. The FIRST thing she did was tear up the stairs and eat, because she could see all around her. The regular cone was like horse blinders, but with this collar she could see where she was going and what was beside her.. no more running into walls and such.. so that was the most important and most shiny GOLD STAR #3!!

I highly recommend this collar. I searched some others online, but the company's weren't helpful and said that I couldn't buy directly from them and I had to go through my vet.. well my vet couldn't buy *one* collar you had to buy in mass quantaties. I felt like their only concern was profit. With this company, they really wanted to make sure that Bassett was comfortable. It wouldn't work for all problems, because she could still reach her .. *bum*.. but that didn't bother me because she kept it clean!!! :eek: It worked GREAT!! :) I hope to get some pics next week, so keep lookin' for updates :)