PDA

View Full Version : My Rescue Today

dukedogsmom
08-01-2003, 07:39 PM
I posted these in the rescue part but people just don't seem to be going there and I know some of you wanted to see more pics. Not trying to be showy by any means, just wanted to share what I get a real reward doing.
Today I took a dog from animal control and transported him to a foster home in Palm Harbor. He's such a cutie. They are calling him a Walker Hound. I just loved his long floppy ears. I said they should name him Eyeore. Isn't he just beautiful? http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/Eyoreresize.jpg
And here's Duke getting so excited because he got to go with me on the long ride. I taught him how to do what I call a "potty turn" before I take him outside to potty. Now he does it all the time any time he gets excited. Very cute. I caught him in mid-bark. I am loving my new camera!! http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/pottyturn.jpg

lovemyshiba
08-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Wonderful!!!!!

Thanks for helping out with that beautiful boy---he looks EXACTLY like my Abbey!!

:) :) :) :) :)

pitc9
08-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Is that not the BEST feeling in the world.....to know that you saved a pup!?!?!

Everyday I wake up to two faces that if It were not for me would not be around today!!!

tatsxxx11
08-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Oh, Eyeore, what a beautiful boy you are! I'm so happy to know that right now, you are safe and sound and being loved to pieces in your foster home!:) I can't imagine you'll be there for long! Your forever home awaits you, sweetie!! Thanks so much for helping out this preicous pup! Rescue work is the best! A lot of members are quite involved in rescue...too many to mention! But, being a summer Friday, it's often slow on the boards, so keep checking back. The rescue people will be back in force by Monday:) And doesn't Duke look sweet doing his potty dance:D He is such a beautiful boy. He reminds me so much of Lizbud's Buddy:) Keep those pictures coming! By the way, I'm Sandra and my pups are Star, a yellow Lab and Cody, a Husky/Shep! Hugs to you Duke!!

micki76
08-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Don't ever apologize for pics or for rescueing and showing off the rescue pups!! We're here because we want to see the animals and hear all about them! We all LOVE pics, though I feel weird when I post a lot of pics too. :)

sammi
08-01-2003, 08:44 PM
Your Hound looks soo sweet! That was really nice of you. Your Duke is also a sweetheart.;)

Sudilar
08-01-2003, 09:33 PM
Thank you so much for helping transport this adorable pup to his foster home. You helped save a life! Now he has a chance to find his forever home. He should be adopted quickly. Woohoo!

I just love Duke's picture. Killian does a similar trick when he has to go potty and we ignore his request. It does get your attention!

Keep the pictures coming, please!!

Logan
08-01-2003, 09:39 PM
As a fellow transporter, I know exactly what you are talking about!!! What a sense of joy you get meeting these precious ones and then being able to tell about it!!! I absolutely love doing it too!

Thank you for helping to save a life today. Some people think that fostering is rescue, but there are so many other jobs that need to be done in addition to fostering.

Duke is darling doing his potty dance!!!! :)

Logan

Sudilar
08-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Thank you for helping to save a life today. Some people think that fostering is rescue, but there are so many other jobs that need to be done in addition to fostering.

There ARE so many jobs in rescue!!! Without each and every one of them, dogs lives can't be saved. Every job in rescue is important from posting a kill shelter dog, pulling, temp testing, transporting, fostering, advertising, phone calls, e-mails, donations, showcasing....every volunteer helps save lives. I thank all those who do. You are angels.

KYS
08-01-2003, 10:17 PM
Showy!!!! NO way, you should feel very proud
and always share about about your rescue work
you do with us.
Duke looks so cute doing the potty dance.lol
I am so glad he is safe in his foster home.
I love pictures, keep the stories comming.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-01-2003, 10:21 PM
I haven't been on for such a long time but I wanted to tell you I think Eyeore would be a perfect name for that very handsome dog. Thank you and all the rescue people for doing such wonderful work.
I love that photo of Duke, it put a smile on my face, he must be quite a charactor. A wonderful traveling companion. Aren't these digital cameras just wonderful.
I'm Jackie and we live in Southern California with our two Mini Schnauzers, the very independent Miss Daisy and our sweet boy Perry. Keep those photos coming, there is nothing like putting a smile on someone's face with a picture of our pups.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

sasha the cat
08-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Mew, mew I'm a rescued pet. Thank you for saving that puppy today.

A million kittykisses and purrs for you. Change a million for a trillion, gazillion kittykisses and purrs which would be just a wee bit of showing my appreciation to you.

And our late dog, Bobby was a rescue too as were our late, darling cats Princess, Paddy Paws & KatMa's special angel, Tiggy.

Here is our sweet doggie, Bobby AKA Roberta (b. Dec. 1979; d. Sep. 1996) Photo taken 1993.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pabacd1cb8ddd650be6bbca53b8401b81/fba80ab2.jpg

tatsxxx11
08-02-2003, 06:03 AM
As my good pals have already said, there are so many links in the resuce chain and every one of them is vital! I'd love to foster but think I'd end up a "foster failure," that is, I don't think I could give him/her up!!:) I do some transporting, a lot of phone interviews and homechecks but mostly, I handle the applications. It never ceases to amaze me, that for every uncaring person that "dumps" a deserving doggie, there are 2, 3, 4 people ready to step in and help save him/her! Yay, to dukedogsmom and everyone that helps make "rescue" possible!:)

Kfamr
08-02-2003, 06:37 AM
Awww... I looked up on Pet Finder and saw him on there!! They have him as "Buddy Boy"

Here's his link! :D :D :D

Buddy Boy (http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1925026&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=3f2ba24e5eb2da8c-app2&display=&preview=1&row=0)

Rachel
08-02-2003, 06:49 AM
From the sound of that description in Pet Finder, *Eyeore* or *Buddy Boy* is a true find. What a sweet disposition. I'll bet he was a joy to transport and that he and Duke enjoyed each other's company.

Pam
08-02-2003, 07:46 AM
I just visited the site KayAnn mentioned and I have to agree with Rachel. Eeyore or Buddy, (I personally prefer Eeyore myself!) sounds like perfection on four legs to me! With all of his wonderful attributes I know he will fit beautifully into his new forever home, wherever that may be. Good thing I live far away because this boy is a real tempting one! ;) Thank you for the part you played in his future. I remember your name here popping up here at PT some time ago and it's good to see you back. Duke is so funny with his circle dance. I know we'd all love to see more of him!