PDA

View Full Version : I got my new camera!

ILoveReptiles
08-01-2003, 02:36 PM
http://img.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp5700/images/frontview-001.jpg

Woohoo! It's so suavy! Now all I have to do is figure out why this 256 meg compactflash card isn't writing out to my pc so I cannot transfer pictures from it. I think it's a card incompatibility of some sort - this thing sure is finicky...

I'm going to try a few more things tonight...

tomkatzid
08-01-2003, 03:08 PM
OMG! You got a GREAT camera.:)
It may be too large for your camera to transfer it to the computer, maybe you need a card reader. From my camera to my computer I can only use a 32 meg. Anything larger has to go in the card reader or the card reader in my printer. I have a 128 and a 64 also. And the 8 that came with the camera. Only the 8 will transfer to the computer. And another bad thing about my camera (HP) is that 128 is as big as it will hold. Glad I didn't buy larger. I thought HP would be great since I had HP computer and printer. NOT..........

dukedogsmom
08-01-2003, 03:57 PM
The card readers are very inexpensive and that may help you out a lot. I am loving my new camera! It's not a real fancy one. I'm having to save up for that. It's going to have infra red and all that on it. But, that will be a long time coming. Hope you have as much fun as I've been having.

ILoveReptiles
08-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Yeah I found the Sandisk 6-in-1 media reader at tiger direct for like 40.00 after shipping - not too bad - I ordered that today during my lunch break. And I have a tripod on order and being shipped...

Also I got a bunch of extra extension lenses with my digital camera - A telephoto and a wideangle lens...

All in all a very nice setup. I'm a bit of an advanced amateur photographer, it's a hobby of mine, and some of my favorite things to photograph (other than my pets of course) are nature scenes and flowers. I'm going to try to capture some nice butterflies too.