PDA

View Full Version : leaving my kitties

weeze
08-01-2003, 02:32 PM
I just found out that I have to move to Scotland for 3 months on a work assignment and I have to leave my kitties behind! I am so sad.. I hope they don't forget me!

catlover4ever
08-01-2003, 02:54 PM
I'm so sorry that you have to leave your babies. I don't know what I would do....I have seperation anxiety when I go camping 30 miles down the road over a weekend.

Maybe you could leave them say a sweatshirt or something with your scent on it so they can be comforted while you are gone.....but don't worry they will not forget you.

Good luck on your endeavor to Scotland.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-01-2003, 03:42 PM
How exciting for you! Except for the leaving the kitties part. :(

But trust me, they will not forget you. I left Tubby at my mom's for 4 months while I tried a venture down in Florida years ago. And the second I came home Tubby was all over me letting me know that he missed me terribly. He didn't even pull the "I'm mad at you so I'm going to ignore you" thing. Slept with me the first night I was back even. :D

Three months isn't really that long, and it'll be over before you know it and you'll be back to your babies. :D

ramanth
08-01-2003, 03:46 PM
My friend just got accepted to college in Scotland and she's going to miss her two cats terribly too. (She'll be gone for a year)

Best of luck to you on your trip. You're kitties won't forget you. They will be so excited when you get back.
:)

carole
08-02-2003, 12:05 AM
ooh I am so so envious, I wish I was coming with you, to the land of my birth, which I have never seen , what part are you going to?

Gosh it will be heart-wrenching to leave them behind, I would hate to do that, who will look after them until you return, I hope all works out fine.

weeze
08-03-2003, 10:20 AM
I'll be going to Edinburgh, a beautiful city by the looks of it. My husband will be left behind with the kitties and my mother will fill in when he can't be there so they will be well taken care of.. I don't know what I'm going to do at night, especially because they normally sleep with me. My other concern is the ferals that I feed. There are 4 kittens about 9 weeks old plus their mother. I am more worried about them because there will be no one to take care of them. My husband won't be able to do it. Any suggestions? I am thinking of bringing them to a shelter or something but I don't want anything bad to happen to them..

Cataholic
08-03-2003, 10:23 AM
Oh, weeze, I know you will miss them and v.v. I am glad to hear your husband will be there for them. Why can't he care for the ferals as well?