PDA

View Full Version : Sent from Tucker?

ChinookCrazy
08-01-2003, 11:39 AM
I've been helping out at a local rescue shelter for the past year or so, and as everyone who goes to a rescue knows...there is always at least one dog you want to take home. You have no idea how true this is...

A new dog came in a couple weeks ago, and I got the chance to meet him and take him outside yesterday. Oh...my...God, this dog is GORGEOUS. He is a 2-year old male Doberman...neutered, obviously. Not only is he great to look at, he's got such an amazing personality. My dad has been wanting a Doberman since he was a kid, so I dragged him out to the shelter this morning with my mom...lol.

They fell in love with Jazz just as quickly as I did. I just want to tell everyone that Jazz is now ours...lol.

As hard as it was to lose Tucker, it almost makes it easier having another dog around...something about those extra barks and tail wags just makes it all worthwhile. Does anyone think it was wrong to get another dog so soon? While I'm on that subject, does anyone think it was wrong just to get another dog? Obviously, we aren't trying to fill Tucker's place...besides, those are some mighty big shoes to fill. However, we have been wanting a Doberman for quite a long time...and Jazz was just too good of an opportunity to just pass up.

He gets along with the other dogs wonderfully, and Laney seems to love the idea of not being the only new furbaby in the house...who knows why, lol.

Jazz is just such a wonderful boy, and really reminds me of Tucker. He has the same happy-go-lucky attitude, and plays nonstop. He's been home for a few hours already, and he hasn't stopped running around yet...lol. He loves our big, fenced backyard...I think he's already ran Scout, Kodak, and Laney to their limits...lol. Scout and Laney are totally worn-out (they are sleeping on the couch right now, lol) and Kodak is getting pretty close to needing a 'nap.' However, Kodak and Jazz are already pretty good buddies...lol, probably because Koda is the only one that can really keep up with Jazz. ;)

Anyway...as the subject of this post suggested, Jazz must have been sent to us by Tucker. There is no doubt in my mind...my wonderful angel keeps on giving. :)

I have attached a picture of Jazz, and there will definitely be more to come!

apcrs5122
08-01-2003, 12:32 PM
W:eek:W! He is gorgeous!!!! I'm sure that he was sent by Tucker, he doesn't want you to feel sad any more, and he thinks Jazz will help you with that. I think it's great that you got him. I understand that you aren't replacing Tucker also. As long as you can give him a good home, and the others like him, I think you did what's best for you:) I love dobies also, my aunt in Louisiana is trying to get us to take theirs, Red Dog:p So, congratulations, and I can't wait to see more pictures!!!!!:D

tomkatzid
08-01-2003, 12:38 PM
He is beautiful.

Have you ever read the book "The Last Will and Testament of an Extremely Distinguished Dog"?. It is written by the dog to his parents. In it he says he over heard the parents talking "When Blemie dies we must never have another dog. I love him so much I could never love anothr one". Then Blemie thinks "Now I would ask her, for love of me, to 'have' another. It would be a poor tribute to my memory never to have a dog again."

Tucker has sent you a wonderful gift!

magcpen
08-01-2003, 12:52 PM
No, of course it's not wrong to get another dog so soon. You're not trying to replace him, this new dog makes you happy. :) Congratulations!

ChinookCrazy
08-01-2003, 01:13 PM
Thank you so much all...:) Jazz is already blushing...lol. We just found a new trick of his that is so much like Tucker's, it's scary. Whenever you ask him to lay down, he plops right onto the floor and puts his paws over his muzzle. It's adorable...Tucker always did that when we called him. A little too alike, maybe? lol.

Have you ever read the book "The Last Will and Testament of an Extremely Distinguished Dog"?. It is written by the dog to his parents. In it he says he over heard the parents talking "When Blemie dies we must never have another dog. I love him so much I could never love anothr one". Then Blemie thinks "Now I would ask her, for love of me, to 'have' another. It would be a poor tribute to my memory never to have a dog again."

Thank you so much for posting that...it has made me feel a thousand times better. :) Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm going to have to go out and get that book...

Tina
08-01-2003, 01:37 PM
He is very gorgeous! And no I don't think it was wrong to get another dog so soon.

Aspen and Misty
08-01-2003, 02:07 PM
ADORABLE!!

MORE PICS PLEASE :D :D :D

Ash

pitc9
08-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Oh man .... yes yes yes, Jazz was sent by Tucker!!!
(I am crying right now)

For him to put his paws on his muzzle like Tucker did too....... oh yes, how wonderful!

Tucker sent Jazz to you!!

iceyshiver21
08-01-2003, 02:14 PM
AHH! What a Beau! Where is bnormal to see this handsome boy!

micki76
08-01-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
Where is bnormal to see this handsome boy!

That's exactly what I was gonna say! :D He's absolutely stunning. :D I'm headed to his picture thread right now.

Kfamr
08-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Um, Isn't that Veegan's Friend's Dobie named Jiminy??

Jiminy's thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24081

iceyshiver21
08-01-2003, 09:28 PM
hmm...Same collor and choke..same color...interesting..

tomkatzid
08-01-2003, 10:53 PM
hmm...Same collor and choke..same color...interesting..

Same dog-Same picture
Jiminy
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/p13b15c35281dc3d73047135e1b3582ec/fb82dae3.jpg

Jazz
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/p546a7dcf2ffc03bad2c5d386c692339f/fb827573.jpg

shais_mom
08-02-2003, 12:44 AM
This is so disheartening

veegan
08-02-2003, 01:03 AM
HDASHDKLSHADKLSHDS OMG HOW DARE YOU DO THIS! LIAR!! I AM SO LIVID!!! IM SHAKING WITH ANGER!!! I cannot believe someone would do something like this!!! And write this huge long elaborate story!!! GRRRRR Okay first of all! JIMINY (NOT JAZZ) is only like a year and a few months in that photo, hes not even a year and half yet in REAL LIFE. JHDKASLJD:AS AND hes not from an animal shelter, my friend got him from a breeder. He cost $1000! She takes a lot of pride in her dog, and she does a LOT for him. She has trained him so well and of couse is still working with him, and she is so good to him, takes amazing care of him, he gets tons of exercise and is in excellent shape. And he doesnt do that paw on the face thing either! That is just NOT HIM! I mean not that any of that matters, I just cannot even.. express in words how WRONG this is. Im just trying to give you an idea of how much this dog means to all who know him, he is such a special dog, he is so much fun to be with and watch him play, and just, OMG. This just INFURIATES ME TO NO END!!! I love Jimmy to death and this is just sickening!

popcornbird
08-02-2003, 03:16 AM
OMG! WHAT A HUUUGE STORY ON A LIE! WHAT A LIE! A CONFIRMED LIE! OMG! LIAR! LIAR! WHAT A LIAR!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Veegan, I'm so sorry this happened to you and your friend. I've learned a lot from PT in recent days, and although I knew this before, in recent days, it has been shown to us, that how dangerous the internet can be. PEOPLE ARE EVIL! A life's lesson learned. NEVER TRUST PEOPLE ON THE WEB! This is something my future kids will be taught from the day they learn to use a computer.

bnormal
08-03-2003, 09:01 AM
AHH! What a Beau! Where is bnormal to see this handsome boy!

iceyshiver21 and Micki76, thanks so much for thinking of me....Jiminy is a beautiful boy and of course I now want a red dobe!

:D :D :D

Linda York
08-03-2003, 12:11 PM
:) "When a door shuts..... a window opens". I don't know if you had the chance to my other post but your family sounds like a great one. You gave Tucker a great life for the time he was here. It is good to get a new dog. And you RESCUED!!!! You have love to give, that is great. I also beleive that "things" are sent from from Heaven from our "Angels". They look out for us. Tucker would not want you to be sad. And it is not as you said trying to replace him.... couldn't happen. But you are filling his place with love... in his honor. Jazz is a beautiful dog. Such a great face. Be happy. :) You are making his life a better one.

Kfamr
08-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Linda, "JAZZ" isn't her dog. She took photos that someone posted of someone else's dog.

Linda York
08-03-2003, 12:27 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: How very sad. If this person lost her beloved dog, I am sorry. If they are pulling an eloborate hoax, that is a shame. For what reasons. That makes me angry :mad: and sad :( . The more I know people,,, the more I love my dogs!!! :eek:

Kfamr
08-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Linda York
The more I know people,,, the more I love my dogs!!! :eek:

EXACTLY!!!!!

iceyshiver21
08-03-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Linda York
The more I know people,,, the more I love my dogs!!! :eek:
One of the reasons why I'm here...Theres and ignore area for the people I dislike and I get to see the furries!

Linda York
08-03-2003, 05:24 PM
:D Yes. we need more Pet pix and stories. We can always "delete", and/or "ignore" any stories we find to be "bogus"! We were all caught up in it because we have hearts and love our "babies" and other animals........ everyone likes a "happy ending"! Sometimes it isn't. It's the chance we take because we care. On to better... happier stories. :D

Pam
08-03-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm a little late catching this story, but I am wondering if there ever even was a Tucker. :rolleyes:

CountryWolf07
08-03-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Pam
I'm a little late catching this story, but I am wondering if there ever even was a Tucker. :rolleyes:

Ditto..

Linda York
08-03-2003, 06:41 PM
:( Exactly. A story that just tugged at your heartstrings......... ended up to be a hoax. We'll just go forward. :)
Macs say: "Hi, all my new friends"!

tomkatzid
08-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Oh Macs, Nina thinks your so cute:D

Tonya
08-03-2003, 08:39 PM
My Gosh! People are getting pathetic. Do you all really need attention this bad? I can't believe the stuff that has been made up lately!

Uabassoon
08-03-2003, 08:43 PM
I wonder if Chinook will actually ever respond to this.