PDA

View Full Version : cats have memories!!!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-01-2003, 09:51 AM
I just couldn't figure out why Jupiter had made a habbit of hiding under the bed whenever company came over... He used to be my greeter and wouldn't mind hanging around and playing with the company. Yesterday my friend Kelly came over and he ran and hid and WOULD NOT come out from under the bed... and when Tinky came out and let her pet her.. I was really confused.... cause she is usually shy... WELL ANYWAY.... I figured it out.. I bet he thinks that someone is going to take him away again... (if you remember when I was giving him back to my sister)...

Poor baby. I don't want to think my babies can remember back too far. I don't want Tinky to remember being in the pound .. or have any bad memories.

Jupiter mommy wants you to know that no one will ever take you away... I love you very much... you are my Mr. Kat!!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p536618c5566795d68ca13e8424335a06/fc3bd0ba.jpg

bisi.cat
08-01-2003, 10:17 AM
I am sure he knows how much he means to you!!!

I am convinced they do have a quite good memory and maybe sometimes their memories overwhelm them...it's just like us sometimes remembering certain things that we better should forget...at least I don't think that it is getting to hard on them...

Once I had to ask my mom to help me get Nellie to the vet and until this day she hides whenever my mom visits us...although she really likes my mom...it's just at the beginning when she gets a first glimpse at my mom, but it's soon passed and Nellie's back to her old self...

I would give a great lot to know what's going on in their little furry heads sometimes...

But I am very sure that they do love us as much as we love them...(if not more!)

jazzcat
08-01-2003, 10:48 AM
I think they do remeber because I've seen it with Jazz. When I got her from the shelter almost a year ago she was about 3 months old and was extremely sick. She had an URI, ringworm, tapeworms and earmites. I took her to the vet and started what ended up a three + week treatment and quarantine for her in my guest room. Even though it's been almost a year she remembers that guest room and doesn't like to go in there very much. She will sometimes follow Ripley in when he goes to nap on the bed but she quickly runs out. I know she remembers having to stay in there for several weeks and having lots of medication given to her, bless her little heart.

Jazzcat

gini
08-01-2003, 10:56 AM
I have a separate building in the back of my home which is also my office. My Rainbow Bridge baby - Patches spent the entire day with me and slept on a computer chair.

Rascal had come into my life while Patches was still alive. He really liked her a lot.

When I lost Patches to kidney disease Rascal really missed her.

I was amazed that weeks later Rascal came into my office and with just his front paws - jumped up to the chair to see if she was in it.

It brought tears to my eyes at the time.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-01-2003, 01:25 PM
I know kitties remember because when I first got Peanut I was living with my parents. Peanut is a scaredy cat and runs whenever anybody comes to the door, especially if they ring the doorbell. So whenever my mom visits, Peanut just comes out and starts rubbing on the wall like she does when I come home. Somehow, even before my mom is in the door, she knows that this time she won't have to run, that this is somebody she knows won't hurt her. I understand this once my mom is in the door, but how does Peanut know even before I open the door?

gini
08-01-2003, 01:32 PM
It could be the sound of her car motor. I know that when I come home, Rascal is always at the front door. But if someone has dropped me off in their car.......he will be fast asleep somewhere in the house.