PDA

View Full Version : Why I love Pet Talk ....

sasvermont
08-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Nearly every day I look forward to checking the Pets of the Day. I enjoy reading how much in love people are with their furry and sometimes not so furry, friends.

It warms my heart so!

I enjoy the exchange of ideas, thoughts, opinions, AND OF COURSE THE PICTURES! In general, it is a wonderful place to hang out. I sometimes wonder if it is healthy for the younger people to be here and then I remember how nice nearly everyone here is, and how darn safe it is compared to many other places on the internet.

So thank you Karen and Paul, for creating the safe space for all of us to play and talk about our pets and our lives.

Love and appreciation,
Sallyanne and the THREE BRATS

Kfamr
08-01-2003, 07:32 AM
"Ditto!"
:D ;)

Dogz
08-01-2003, 07:54 AM
I couldn't agree more:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-01-2003, 08:09 AM
I agree.

I have found that it is only my fellow PT'ers who understand how much my precious Ally means to me! It's nice to be able to interact with such a diverse bunch of people who all have one very admirable train in common - our love for animals.

Thanks to Karen and Paul!:D

bluekat
08-01-2003, 08:11 AM
I agree.:D
I love reading the stories about them. Before I came to Pet Talk, I had been checking the COTD, DOTD, and POTD for some time before I decided to register for Pettalk.:D

Kfamr
08-01-2003, 08:14 AM
Pet Talk is the only place that hasn't thought I was crazy for loving Simba and Nala more than anything in my life.;)

anna_66
08-01-2003, 08:19 AM
And I agree with KayAnn, this is the only place I could talk about my love for my dogs and people don't think I'm insane:p

Edwina's Secretary
08-01-2003, 08:24 AM
- because it is fun and silly and there is never enough of that in life,

- I learn things....about animals, about people, about the world,

- I have made great friends -- both cyber and in the flesh....in chronological order....I have meet Mugsy, Efrat, Debbie (T&P's mom), Sudilar, Amberlee, KAK, and Wolflady. I hope to meet more...soon ;) ;)

When I try to explain Pettalk to people...they don't understand....but that's okay...I DO!!!!!!

Pam
08-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Before coming to Pet Talk I was up to date on my e-mails with family and friends. Since finding this wonderful site with all of its caring people who have the same passion for animals that I have, I find myself responding to PMs and e-mails from other Pet Talkers much sooner than I do to family and friends, not to mention trying to keep us with all of the threads. In fact I often get mail saying "where have you been?" I don't even bother to explain because they just wouldn't understand. :rolleyes:

The love that we have for our pets led to our joining this site, but the absolutely fantastic people who visit this board are what has kept us all here. I can't imagine another place on the internet with such loving compassionate people. I'd like to thank Karen and Paul of course for creating this site, but also each and every one here for making up the essence of Pet Talk.

HayleyRosie
08-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

- I learn things....about animals, about people, about the world,

I agree.

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-01-2003, 09:03 AM
:D

Wonderful thread!!!

I love Pet Talk because...

-I can endlessly talk about my babies and post lots of pics and everyone loves it..... NOBODY ELSE but he PT'ers are like that (that i've known0... people always thought I was crazy for loving my animals like I would my own kids... but not now. I have to say I am addicted!:D

And I've learned a lot here and met A LOT of nice people and their LOVED pets!!!!

AND ... most importantly it is such a clean site!!! And that is very important to me!!:D

HOORAY FOR PET TALK!

Airedalekisses
08-01-2003, 09:05 AM
Hey, I met the man I love due to PT-he wooed me with dog of the day!!

pitc9
08-01-2003, 09:05 AM
My husband is happy I have found other people who's pets mean just as much to them as mine do to me!:D

(but he still thinks I'm insane)

:p

ScantyNebula
08-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by pitc9
My husband is happy I have found other people who's pets mean just as much to them as mine do to me!:D

(but he still thinks I'm insane)

:p

Same here!! He's always like "Why are you always on those forums? Everytime I look on your screen I see PetTalk " LOL

pitc9
08-01-2003, 09:55 AM
ScantyNebula- I think we should get our hubby's together!! This way they can talk about how crazy we are and WE won't have to hear it!!! :D

Karen
08-01-2003, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your thanks, everyone!

I love Pet Talk because it is such a warm community of people who care - about pets, about each other, and about the world.

I love Pet Talk because I "meet" so many people from all over the world, and now, I have met Pet Talkers in person several times - in San Diego (Hi Jackie's Daisy and Perry'sDon and Perry and Daisy) and in Salisbury by Stonhenge (hi Carrie) and in Texas and on Cape Cod, and even in Toronto and will meet more soon!

I love Pet Talk because we are all animal people here - people sho understand that when my Dad calls Miss Hoppy "the Grandbunny," it's not that he's insane, it's because he knows pets iz peeple too! And the stories our friends would roll their eyes at about how cute, or how scary or how - whatever! - what our pets did was.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2003, 12:27 PM
One of the reasons I love Pet Talk is I can talk and talk and talk about my cats and no one rolls their eyes :rolleyes: and tells me they are just cats for goodness sake!!!!

I also love how most of the people here really care for each other and do anything they can for each other.:D

Kfamr
08-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Another reason I like it is because Karen and Paul (mostly Karen =P) interact with us. I see on alot of boards, the moderators don't do that.

apcrs5122
08-01-2003, 01:39 PM
I agree with everyone! When I talk about my pets and how much I love them, and some of the crazy things I do with them (oh, like trying to "ballroom" dance with Alex *didn't work out too well:p*) they think I'm insane, give me strange looks, pat me on the back and say I need help:rolleyes: I love it here, it's the only place where I can really express my feeling and love for my animals, and I've met alot of good people:) So,

THANKS KAREN AND PAUL FOR THE WONDERFUL SITE, PET TALK!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Cataholic
08-01-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Pet Talk is the only place that hasn't thought I was crazy for loving Simba and Nala more than anything in my life.;)

Actually, Kayann....there has been a little somethin' we have been meaning to talk to you about...he he:D

Cataholic
08-01-2003, 01:57 PM
ScantyNebula- I think we should get our hubby's together!! This way they can talk about how crazy we are and WE won't have to hear it!!! :D

Forget the husbands....and lets get to know you! I don't think I have seen you post before, so, welcome, and judging by your position in the states...I think you should be at the next PT meeting in Northern Ohio, dont you?

Kfamr
08-01-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Actually, Kayann....there has been a little somethin' we have been meaning to talk to you about...he he:D

You need to talk to me about needing another dog, to make my pack three. I want Mobie!! (pup in my sig.)

HoRsELUvR
08-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Pet talk is a great place to be because there are so many nice people here.also all of us love animals which is pretty cool.

Karen
08-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Another reason I like it is because Karen and Paul (mostly Karen =P) interact with us. I see on alot of boards, the moderators don't do that.

Why have a board if you're not involved? Paul doesn't POST much, but he's here all the same - I'm just, as you all know, the blabbermouth of the two of us! ;) Besides, Pet Talkers are NICE to interact with!

dukedogsmom
08-01-2003, 04:39 PM
I didn't know what great people I would meet when I submitted Duke to be DOTD a few years back. I think it's very generous of Karen and Paul to have this site. I know it can't be cheap and honestly don't know how they do it. I just love it here and am loving it more because now with my new camera I can participate in some of the games here and all. Thanks to everyone for making it such a great place.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-01-2003, 04:48 PM
I love Pet Talk because it makes me smile.
Ok, so you say you want more details? I love all the stories about our krazy kritters but mostly I love the pictures and the sillyness that goes with them. The most recent that comes to mind is Tenny's fly-trap. I don't care how bad a day you're having. When that picture pops up on your screen - you're going to laugh! Pure and simple - it makes me smile. Oh, and that's why you always see so many of these:D :D in my posts. :D

lovemyshiba
08-02-2003, 11:22 AM
I love Pet Talk because it always brings a smile to my face.
I feel as though I have friends all over the world, and I am grateful to have all of you.

I love sharing pictures and stories of my dogs, and no one ever says--ENOUGH!!! Usually everyone says---MORE!!!!

I just love that about everyone--how much we all care about our own and each others pets.

This is such a wonderful community, and I hope sometime in the future I will have the chance to meet more of you!!!!!!

Thank you Karen and Paul:)

cloverfdx
08-02-2003, 11:32 AM
ok i agree with everyone, but am too tired to elaborate at this point in time ~huge yawns~

but i will come back later and say more, but for now goodnight/morning

karen and paul thanks for keeping PT up n running

ScantyNebula
08-02-2003, 11:56 AM

LOL I agree

dukedogsmom
08-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Very friendly people, beautiful animals, what more could you want? I like it here because the love of a special animal brings out a lot of good in you and makes your heart feel really happy. It's great to be with others that feel the same.

Randi
08-03-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I love PT

- I learn things....about animals, about people, about the world.
I couldn't have said it better. :)

Originally posted by Pam
Before coming to Pet Talk I was up to date on my e-mails with family and friends. Since finding this wonderful site with all of its caring people who have the same passion for animals that I have, I find myself responding to PMs and e-mails from other Pet Talkers much sooner than I do to family and friends, not to mention trying to keep us with all of the threads.
Pam, I can relate to this. :rolleyes: Lately, I find I haven't been able to keep up, but I'll do my best. ;)

I'll also like to say Thank you to Karen & Paul for this great board, we appreciate your hard work. :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2003, 04:49 PM
I love Pet Talk because it's filled with warm, caring, people who love their pets as much as I do. It's a place where I can share my cats every day antics and pictures without feeling stupid. It has also been a very informative place as well and I've learned a lot about cat health since I've been here.

I've also been able to meet some very wonderful people in person. So far I've met: AmberLee, Wolflady, Edwina's Secretary, Gini, NoahsMommy, Richard, LBaker and AntiPam. I hope to meet more Pet Talker's in the future. :) Thanks Karen and Paul for creating this site for animal lovers. :D

Karen
08-05-2003, 10:09 PM
You're welcome - we created the websites, but all of you - and your animals - are what make it special!

tomkatzid
08-05-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Airedalekisses
Hey, I met the man I love due to PT-he wooed me with dog of the day!!

Tell us more:D :D :D

Barbara
08-06-2003, 07:12 AM
Hey I missed this thread:

I love PT
because any minute I can find pictures that make me smile

because people are as crazy about their pets as I am

because it's the only place where you can discuss seriously how your pet's feet smell

because Filou and Tigris get so many virtual scritchies

because I can meet friends from all over the world

because it is an oasis of warmth

because I can see kittens grow although I don't have one

because I get help with medical problems...........

IttyBittyKitty
08-06-2003, 07:55 AM

nearly 1,000 posts since April 24 = serious addiction!

bisi.cat
08-06-2003, 07:59 AM
...because you feel at home!!!:)

All Creatures Great And Small
08-06-2003, 09:58 AM
Well, here's one reason:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p3dbb24d9d52b69d29b65180ea6489be7/fb881b48.jpg
Pictures and sigs like this that make me laugh and say "awwwwww" at the same time! It's one thing to look at pictures of beautiful animals, but it's especially heart-warming and encouraging to look at pictures and know how much the animals are loved by their people. I have only one other friend I can bore with cat stories on a daily basis, so coming here to share them is so much fun. I can't tell you how many times I've laughed until I had tears in my eyes at some of the threads and pictures!

There will always be people on Pet Talk I disagree with, and I am guilty of starting or contributing to some of the arguments on here, but I'm learning as I go, and trying to follow Karen's advice -take deep breaths, count to 100 (well, 10,000 sometimes), and think before posting whether it will be relevant for everybody or just one or two people. (However, if there's animal mistreatment involved, I can be pretty hair-trigger.) My daughter is guilty of being one of the "teenagers" we're all carping about lately, but she still enjoys coming here and sharing pictures and stories of her ratties, and we know she's still as welcome as anyone. (I think some of those generalizations were made because nobody wanted to name names.) I agree that this is a clean, friendly, safe site for young people to visit, and a lot of fun. The "old-timers" don't want to keep PT all to themselves, because it would get pretty stale - heck, we were ALL new once! So newbies, post away, and if somebody doesn't like your posts, there's always that handy "ignore" feature they can use. :)