PDA

View Full Version : Gini's Cats Rascal and Annie

krazyaboutkatz
08-01-2003, 12:09 AM
Hi everyone. :) Here are some pics of Gini's cat Rascal and one of her outdoor feral cats Annie.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/p718dac76b111c5047dd2b0d8c6f85f67/fb861375.jpg
Here Rascal is getting some pets from Kelly and Karen. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/p2e6f7747294334c17e7cfec4d5e74f4a/fb861374.jpg
Here he's getting some loving from Kelly. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/pdf8903bd1a4555a9e8620eb2b9748b6b/fb860fc9.jpg
Here's Mr. Rascal looking quite handsome. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/p78664d5518575b7daea38ff697791b38/fb860fc6.jpg
This is Annie. She's feral but somewhat friendly. She really seemed to like Karen. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/pd2c4880fcd0f7d195f7fba3685e6c16d/fb860fc4.jpg
Here's Annie again. She also has a sister Emma but she's very shy.

That's it. I hope you enjoyed them. :) It was great meeting you Gini as well as Rascal and Annie too. :)

gini
08-01-2003, 01:21 AM
Tracey, thank you for posting these pictures. As you can see, Rascal was eating up all of the attention.

Right at this very moment, Annie is indoors and very happy about it. Emma is outside by the screen door, talking to Rascal.

She will come inside, but runs under the bed immediately.

Barbara
08-01-2003, 03:08 AM
Rascal seems to enjoy all that attention. He looks like Fister's twin. Maybe he and Annie could get a role in the ongoing soap opera:D

Former User
08-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Awwww, finally I get to see Annie, not to mention Rascal. They're both adorable!http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage25/6.gif

HayleyRosie
08-01-2003, 08:30 AM
They are both very cute.

Logan
08-01-2003, 09:06 AM
Rascal you are more handsome every time I see your picture!!!!! Just perfect!!! And your friend, Annie, is quite the little lady too!!! :)

Edwina's Secretary
08-01-2003, 09:18 AM
WOW!!!! This is the firt time I've EVER seem the well-known but elusive.....RASCAL!!!!!!

He does bear a striking resemblance to Fister. Do you ever hear him speak in any other languages????? Is he partial to shrimp?

And is he related to Annie???

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Great pics - Rascal is a handsom dude, and Annie looks really sweet!:)

RedHedd
08-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Love those orangies!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2003, 12:40 PM
Rascal sure looks like he's enjoying himself with all the attention! He and Annie do look like they are from the same family.
Thanks for letting us see the allusive Rascal.:D

apcrs5122
08-01-2003, 12:51 PM
What gorgeous kitties!!!! I love orangies, so they are my favorites;)

NoahsMommy
08-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Oh, my dearest Tobias...I mean, Rascal. ;) I miss you so much! You are the most fun orangie I've ever met. You're so sweet and talkative and your mama just told me about last week when you, Emma and Annie were all grooming eachother inside. You, my dear, are one of my most favorite orangies in all the world.

gini
08-01-2003, 01:11 PM
GEEZE, now I have to go to the vets and obtain copies of my BIG SNIP papers.

When I was this really handsome neighborhood stud, I came across this nice lady who lured me into the house with good food and great head scritchies. They used to call me STUDLEY!

Then this lady puts me into a box WITH BARS ON THE WINDOWS and the next thing I remember is some kind of big sleep.

When I woke up somebody had been fooling around with my privates and I sure didn't feel too good.

But this lady promised me a good home and lots of food and she really liked me a lot. Now this was about three and a half years ago.

Annie's Mom showed up and she wouldn't let anyone near her except me........we liked each other a whole bunch - but I guess she didn't like me enough because she fell in with this scruffy orange guy from up the street. HONEST. And nobody had cared enough about him to take him in the JAIL BOX.

Next thing you know, my little sweetie was in a family way, if you know what I mean. Four little ones were born on 3/26/02 and they ALL looked JUST LIKE ME! The whole neighborhood was pointing paws at me.

Next thing you know my sweetie is gone, two of her youngsters were gone and the neighbor next door kinda "dumps" Annie and Emma on our doorstep. This was last January and they both started acting REALLY STRANGE.....MEOWING AND STUFF!

Well Mom brought out the JAIL BOX again, and off they went for a day. They came back to the house all fuzzy just like me.

I don't like going to that vet guy - you feel really wierd after visiting him!!

Look - gotta go - I have to get those papers and PROVE to everyone IT WASN'T ME........DARN IT......COULDN'T HAVE BEEN!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-01-2003, 01:54 PM
Oh Rascal, you look - and sound - like such a....such a....well..such a rascal! I guess the nice lady gave you the right name after she gave you a good home. :D

And Annie sure does look a lot like you, but I believe your story, really, I do! ;) :D

Thanks for the pics Tracey! Rascal is adorable and I'm so jealous that you all got to meet him. :D

RICHARD
08-01-2003, 02:06 PM
thank for the pics, KAK.

i got a chance to scritch annie after you left and
didn't realize what a beautiful coat she has....
of course, i was looking thru a 'red slushie' haze...

rg_girlca
08-01-2003, 03:40 PM
What a big beautiful boy you are Rascal and Annie looks like a real sweetheart.

jenluckenbach
08-01-2003, 05:00 PM
iT IS NICE TO MEET TWO SUCH BEAUTIFUL ORANGIES!

But what I really want to say is "Kelly, how DARE you be this thin!"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid72/p2e6f7747294334c17e7cfec4d5e74f4a/fb861374.jpg
:D :p :D :rolleyes: :D

NoahsMommy
08-01-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
But what I really want to say is "Kelly, how DARE you be this thin!"
:D :p :D :rolleyes: :D
OK..ready Gini?? Here it comes. ;)

But Jen, I have crohn's.....

;)

gini
08-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
OK..ready Gini?? Here it comes. ;)

But Jen, I have crohn's.....

;)

Add very sad face, down turned mouth and a look that makes you feel just awful.............until..................

you ask.:D

jenluckenbach
08-01-2003, 08:36 PM
I am sorry, did I insult someone? I usually don't tease about such things, I was just in a "frisky" mood. I apologize.

NoahsMommy
08-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I am sorry, did I insult someone? I usually don't tease about such things, I was just in a "frisky" mood. I apologize.
Uh oh. It really does work like that Gini! I'm sorry Jen and Gini...I didn't know it would hurt your feelings. :(

Let me explain...

On day one of the CA meeting, we were suposed to go to the Long Beach Aquarium. Because my job was to bring the raw chicken and fruit, we told Gini's we'd be at her house at 8:00 am to drop it off and head back out.

Well....it didn't work out that way. We slept in and finally got to Gini's at 2:00 PM!!! :)

Gini was telling her neighbor about what happened and started teasing me. I, thought I was being funny, said, "But Gini, I have crohn's disease" and gave her a pittiful look. It was a total joke because I had just gotten done telling Karen that I say that to David all the time jokingly if I don't want to get my own water, etc.

(To be honest, that morning I wasn't feeling well and we WERE late cause of me...but those 6 hours weren't all me...more like sleeping in.)

Anyway, on day two, Gini called me in to the kitchen and she looked so upset. She had thought that I was offended that she was teasing me and didn't know I was teasing when I said my little "crohns" bit. :( I felt awful...

So Jen, no, you didn't offend me AT ALL! I promise. I am that skinny because of my crohn's, but to be honest, thats the only good thing about it! :) ha ha

I'm sorry that I didn't explain in my last post. I thought I should have...but didn't.

shais_mom
08-01-2003, 10:51 PM
They look alot alike!!!
Beautiful!!
Is Annie in the family way or just a well fed feral?
:confused:

wolflady
08-01-2003, 11:02 PM
LOL LOL Kelly!! It works every time! ;)

Rascal is such a handsome guy! He does bear a remarkable resemblance to Fister! He was so sweet and cuddley! Annie is a gorgeous girl! How cute that all three of them get along! There's still time for them to be converted... :o

Thanks for posting these KAK!

gini
08-02-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom

Is Annie in the family way or just a well fed feral?
:confused:

She hadn't better be, after I shelled out over $350.00 in January for two spayings (they were in heat) and all of their shots.

Annie has always been a little piggy............eats like a horse - demands to be fed on time, thank you, and she prefers 6 AM and no later than 6 PM in the evening. Miss Emma, her twin, is smaller and will eat ONLY dry food.

They are devoted to each other and probably the main reason I could never bring myself to find homes - and separate them.

AmberLee
08-02-2003, 01:05 AM
What gorgeous fur-babies.

And Rascal rather looks like he likes a harem of humans fondling him. I'm a little surprised only two of the ladies at the party were photographed with the little love-bug.

Great pictures. So much to look forward to next summer.

krazyaboutkatz
08-02-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by gini
Tracey, thank you for posting these pictures. As you can see, Rascal was eating up all of the attention.

Right at this very moment, Annie is indoors and very happy about it. Emma is outside by the screen door, talking to Rascal.

She will come inside, but runs under the bed immediately. You're more than welcome Gini. :D It was a pleasure to meet you and your furkids. I'm so happy to hear that Annie has been converted to an indoor kitty now. :) Hopefully in time her sister Emma will too.

Miss Meow
08-03-2003, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the photos - it *is* amazing how similar Annie and Rascal are ... maybe he had a younger, unaltered brother somewhere ... :)

Randi
08-03-2003, 08:24 AM
Rascal, aren't you looking gorgeous! Even though you seem a little reluctant, I bet you loved all the attention. :D Wish I'd been there to give you a cuddle. :p

Have my memory gone or is it because I've been offline. :confused: I don't remember having seen Annie before - what a pretty girl she is! I think Fister could easily fall in love. :eek:

Kelly, to be loved by an orangie is something special .... don't you think. ;)

Thanks for posting these lovely pics, Tracey!

Cataholic
08-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Caring enough about another's furbabies to take and post pics says to me, "PT IS WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE". That was just so sweet.

I, like everyone else, must profess a love of the Orangies. In a way, Rascal does remind me of Fister (my online love). Very orangie, Rascal is. As to Annie, I just don't recall her, either. Do you let her and Emma come inside? I am not JUDGING just trying to get a feeling of your household. Does Rascal like the both of them? Questions, questions, questions, eh?

I think you guys must have had such a great time in lovely Ca. I am jealous.

ChrisH
08-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Awww, they are both adorable!:)

Great pictures.:D

NoahsMommy
08-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
As to Annie, I just don't recall her, either. Do you let her and Emma come inside? I am not JUDGING just trying to get a feeling of your household. Does Rascal like the both of them? Questions, questions, questions, eh?
Johanna,
Annie and Emma were cats that Gini's neighbor dropped off while they were in heat. Gini fixed and kept them inside until they made it VERY clear they were NOT inside cats. ;) Annie is the friendly one and actually likes to be inside and with Gini...she DOES come in to visit Rascal and they get along well.

Emma is the one that isn't all that crazy about humans and is the one that communicated to Gini that she needed to be outside. But, Gini is so wonderful to see that Emma and Annie need eachother, so she gave them both their freedom.

Gini feeds them morning and night and is such a good meowmie to them. :)

Just the other day, Gini told me that she'd let them inside to see Rascal and they were all laying together having baths. :) Isn't that sweet??

shais_mom
08-03-2003, 04:38 PM
Yea! Question answered!
I was holding my breath that Gini would have another indoor kitty, but looks like it is only part time, but with Gini's love maybe just maybe?!?!?!?!?!?! :p :cool:
I do too, have a special place in my heart for the orangies.
My first cat was Golddust, a BIG orange tom cat I had when I was 5, then I had for a short time Bert and Ernie 2 orangie kittens that we had to rehome b/c our dog was NOT cat friendly, which is what happened to poor Golddust. And My grandma had a HUGE orangie outside Named Morris.