PDA

View Full Version : Cassy as stunt pilot

AmberLee
07-31-2003, 11:48 PM
As some of you know, I seem to have a weird thing for cardboard boxes. No matter the size, it seems I eye them all, muttering, "Now, I just BET that would come in handy some day..." and more often than not drag it home. Which is fine, except that they tend to pile up until that 'someday' happens.

Tonight I was happily typing away here in Pet Talk and heard this incredible crash-boom-bang! sound from the corner where the boxes are. I'm staring at it stupidly wondering what happened to my pile (?!?). Suddenly from the innermost box (only an inch or two of clearance, I swear) I hear muttered cat curses and my beloved Cassy sloooowly extricates himself. He then climbs across, then around the pile, and looks at me as if to say, "That was FUN! Can I do it again, Meowmy?"

apcrs5122
07-31-2003, 11:50 PM
LOL! Silly kitty!!!! I could just picture that!:D:D:D:D

krazyaboutkatz
07-31-2003, 11:54 PM
LOL Now that sounds like it would have been a great kodak moment. :D :D :D

HayleyRosie
08-01-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
LOL Now that sounds like it would have been a great kodak moment. :D :D :D

Indeed!

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-01-2003, 08:52 AM
CASSY THE CRAZY!!!

HA HA!!!

AmberLee... don't you know that kitty kats love boxes too?!?!

There is no telling what kind of adventure was flying through his mind when he went flying through those boxes!!!:D

SO FUNNY!

Logan
08-01-2003, 09:05 AM
Pauline, sometimes words are better than pictures! No picture could possibly do justice to the look on Cassy's face after crashing the boxes!!! Don't you just love it when they do something like that and then act like "what happened"!!!!

Thanks for the cute story and mental picture!!!! :D

Edwina's Secretary
08-01-2003, 09:25 AM
Amberlee....perhaps we could start a Cardboard Boxes Anonymous? I have this same fetish -- and fortunately a closet in the basement where I can store them. But I always have "just the right size" box.:D :rolleyes: :D

Did Cassy give you the..."I meant to do that and oh...I need to clean my body right this second'?????"

Boxes and kitties -- sooooo fun!

08-01-2003, 09:29 AM
Ha ha, LOL!!!
This reminds me so much of the last months before our move to this house...! Boxes, empty or full, everywhere! Oh my, our Sydney had the time of his life then!!!:) :) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-01-2003, 01:16 PM
That's so funny, Amberlee! I can just see it as everything is nice and quiet and all of a sudden a big crash....bet he made you jump! ;) :D And the silly kitty enjoyed it! But of course, that's because he meant to do it. If it had happened because of something you did - like accidentally pulled the wrong box not knowing he was in another one, and the whole thing came crashing down, well, then you know he would have walked away in a huff wondering why you're trying to kill him like that! ;) :D

Silly kitties, you gotta love 'em. :D

slick
08-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Ahh cats and boxes. They go together like dogs and trucks!

Nomilynn
08-02-2003, 01:51 AM
hehehehe cute! :)

Cataholic
08-02-2003, 07:51 PM
My name is Cataholic, and I am a box collector....when is the first meeting? Like ES, I have a room in my basement....and last month I tore down a significant amount of them and put them out for trash. A neighbor asked me if I had just moved in, there were so many!!! (Neighbor was kidding, she knew me).

As to cats and boxes, well, like said above, there is a kismet connection.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-03-2003, 05:45 AM
I am having a good laugh to myself thinking about Cassy!

I am moving house in two weeks, and because I am working two jobs, I have started packing boxes whenever I have a spare minute.

Ally thinks she is in HEAVEN - there are piles of boxes and "stuff" all over the house (although it is making it difficult to find her - she now has fifty or so extra hiding places - so I have to walk from room to room waving a piece of ham around until the smell gets too much and she HAS to come out):D Ally LUUUUUVS ham more than anything!

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-03-2003, 05:47 AM
Forgot to ask - will Cardboard Boxes Anonymous also cater for hoarders of "packing peanuts"; bubble wrap and wrapping paper?:o

jenluckenbach
08-03-2003, 06:34 AM
Is that little cardboard tumble similar to going down the kid's sliding board???
WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LoudLou
08-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Cassy, do you need a Co-Pilot???;)

NoahsMommy
08-03-2003, 04:42 PM
ha ha, that's just too cute! :)

Actually, that sounds like ALL SIX of my cats. Cardboad boxes are considered cat toys the second we bring them in. ;)

Randi
08-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
... and heard this incredible crash-boom-bang! sound from the corner where the boxes are.
Pauline, we hear this almost every night. We have actually put a few boxes together in the living room - smaller ones inside bigger ones, Fister loves it! Thought of putting a video camera pointing at it when we go to bed, that's the time he is bashing around in them.

I think Fister is ready to join Cardboard boxes anonomous! :D

Vio&Juni
08-04-2003, 08:13 AM
I am addicted to collecting boxes too :D

Juni has to check them all when I bring them in. She has the best time playing in a box.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p2d111a773bb9d390438398081c967fe0/fcea51ea.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/pbb67a339ea4190a68d16f41d4e592940/fcea51de.jpg

AmberLee
08-04-2003, 11:59 PM
Hmmm, what are we humans thinking when we ruin perfectly good cat toys by filling them up with stuff?

Mocha Bean,

Hmmm, co-pilots are good, especially when it's a long flight. Can you bring your own crash helmet?

Oh, I believe in rolling in catnip after flights only. Care to join me in a wallow?

Cassy

gini
08-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Oh, Oh, I am going to have to join "cardboard boxes anonymous" too. I just cannot bring myself to throw them out. And yes, I dutifully save all of that bubble wrap and the popcorn. I have a HUGE bag of the popcorn. But at Christmas time, or someone's out of town birthday, HA - I AM PREPARED!!!

My fax toner cartridge comes wrapped in a bubble wrap envelope. So help me I feel like they have put a little present in the package for me. Sick! Really sick!

Rascal usually doesn't get himself in too many embarrassing situations. But when he does, there is lots of face washing - like yeah, I MEANT to do that.

Cats - you cannot help but love every inch of them.