PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Party Suggestions

ILuvMyDaisy
07-31-2003, 06:37 PM
This probably going to be a silly question..I don't know how many of you all does this with your dogs. My grandmother is wanting to give her Yorkie, Scooter, a birthday party. He's going to be three :D The party will probably just consist of Scooter and my beagle Daisy (too many dogs may be a mess!)

My first question is what kind of ideas do you all have of doggie birthday parties? This party will be very small--although I'm wanting to use maybe party hats...would that be a good idea?

And my second question is: is there some kind of recipe for a doggy birthday cake? Just something little

Hope you all can help. I feel so stupid for throwing a party for a dog, but hey, it'll be fun! Daisy just has had cake for her birthday; this time, we're doing a party! :)

pitc9
07-31-2003, 06:40 PM
I know at our local pet supply store "Petsmart" they have a bunch of stuff you need to throw a birthday barty. Invites, hats, special birthday treats, and they have boxed mixed for doggie tummy friendly cakes! You can always check them out on line!

www.petsmart.com

pitc9
07-31-2003, 06:42 PM
...oh and trut me, no one thinks your crazy here for throwing a birthday party!! I'm pretty sure we all do it too!!!!:D

slick
07-31-2003, 06:45 PM
For a game you could try a weinie-bob! Our local Humane Society has a "Doggy Fun Day" every August and we have games especially for the dogs. The weinie-bob is the most popular. Fill an ice cream bucket 1/2 full of water then pop in about 10 little bits of weinie (they float...). Set the timer for 15 sec. Whoever eats the most weinie wins!! For the prizes you could bake your own doggie bickies. There's lots of recipes on the net.

Airedalekisses
07-31-2003, 07:32 PM
Hey the weinie bob sounds like fun even for people-bob for the weinie then barbeque it!

Our local 3 dog bakery does parties for the beasties-I've always found that a cake that really is meatloaf with mashed potato icing was a big fav!!

binka_nugget
07-31-2003, 07:46 PM
Birthday hats sound great. I was going to buy Kai some but I knew he wouldn't keep it on for more than 3 seconds. You should try balloons. Blowing up 10 or so (more is even better) and letting the doggies chase them down and popping them.

I was going to try making a sort of birthday cake out of yogurt and some fruits on top and maybe some other stuff...but I decided to just buy one lol.

KYS
07-31-2003, 07:47 PM
Not silly at all.
I think it is wonderful that you and your grandmother
are going to have a party for the pups.
Like others's said check on the internet for
doggie recipes, and I bet if you check the
Yellow pages you will find places that sell
bakery goods for dogs too.

I think the hamburger meatloaf cake is a great idea.
Instead of the mash potatoe frosting you
could decorate the hamburger cake with cut up hotdogs and make a design.
I think your party will be a lot of fun. :)

pitc9
07-31-2003, 07:54 PM
you could always make goodie bags for the guests, and fill the bags with treats and or a toy, then the goodie bag can double as a clean up bag if the pups poo!! (hee hee)
:D

tatsxxx11
07-31-2003, 08:48 PM
You're not silly at all!!! Many of use here have thrown birthday bashes for our pups! Candy, who hasn't been on in a while threw a big party for her Goldens and many of the guests were Goldens from a past litter:D Eveyone's given great ideas...don't forget the Frosty Paws, and perhaps, being summer, a kiddie wading pool? Three Dog Bakery has an online ordering site; lots of great birthday cakes and treats. And of course, remember the party favor doggie bags of take home treats and don't forget the camera!!:) And presents!!:D Below is the link to the Three Dog Bakery and one to the Smilin' Dog site. They have all the tips and recipes needed for throwing a doggie birthday bash, right down to invitation!!:)

Three Dog Bakery...click here (http://www.threedog.com/)

Smiling Dog Birthday Party Bash (http://www.smilingdog.net/parties.htm)

wolf_Q
07-31-2003, 10:16 PM
For Nebo's birthday....I wrapped his presents (he really did enjoy unwrapping them). I also had him wear a party hat (surprisingly he left it on). I made this recipe http://www.recipegoldmine.com/pets/pets100.html which all of the dogs loved. :) I made a cake too, but just a regular (human) one. I just gave him one little piece.