PDA

View Full Version : This damned camera.

Kfamr
07-31-2003, 08:07 AM
UGH! I hate my new camera so much. My other one took much better close ups, but had trouble with pictures far away. I like close up better, because i like to take alot of pictures of Flowers and things like that. The close ups with this camera come out so blurry and ugly. I hate it. It's supposed ot be a muhc better quality camera. It's way hard to focus with it. UGH.

My new one is a Canon PowerShot A60, my old one is a fujiFilm FinePix1300... which my brother has it. i'm sure it's lost somewhere in his house, knowing him. :mad: :rolleyes:

The pictures overall are much better but I want close ups!!!

Sorry, Just needed to vent/rant.

HoRsELUvR
07-31-2003, 01:44 PM
yea it really sux when things that are supposed to be good quality turn out not as good as things that are cheaper.

dukedogsmom
07-31-2003, 01:47 PM
I love the pics of your dogs. They look so sweet. I just bought a digital Fugi camera. Got to learn how it works now.

apcrs5122
07-31-2003, 01:48 PM
I know what you mean. My camera sucks too, but it is just a cheap one that my grandma got for me for x-mas:p

allanimalswelcome
07-31-2003, 01:58 PM
I have a fuji too. I agree it takes pretty sucky far away pics.

ParNone
07-31-2003, 03:05 PM
Hi kfamr!

Are you using the macro setting, when you shoot close ups?

Par...

wolfsoul
07-31-2003, 03:41 PM
S'ok, mine sucks worse. :( It's got 3.0 pixels, originally $300, and it's worth cr*p. Has anyone here seen my pictures?!?! Aggh.

popcornbird
07-31-2003, 03:50 PM
That's why I don't like Canons. :o Before we got our Sony, we got a Canon and returned it the next day. :rolleyes:

slleipnir
07-31-2003, 04:35 PM
I know this doesn't fit here, but I just noticed your new sig...its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!! lmao sry..had to tell you

Kfamr
07-31-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
That's why I don't like Canons. :o Before we got our Sony, we got a Canon and returned it the next day. :rolleyes:

All of the Sony's i've used are waaaaay worse than this camera. That's why i'd NEVER buy one. My sister, neighbor and my aunt all have one. They take the cruddiest pictures i've seen.

I wasn't with my parents when they bought this camera.. I would have chosen another Fuji.

Par - What's macro? I know I should have read the manuel but I like figuring things out myself and I don't really stay hooked to reading.

Kfamr
07-31-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I know this doesn't fit here, but I just noticed your new sig...its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!! lmao sry..had to tell you

Thank you. :D Yours is too!

popcornbird
08-01-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
All of the Sony's i've used are waaaaay worse than this camera. That's why i'd NEVER buy one. My sister, neighbor and my aunt all have one. They take the cruddiest pictures i've seen.

You have probably used old ones or *lemon* ones. They are rated to be amongst the best cameras available, and everyone I know who has a Sony is proud of it. :p I LOVE our Sony.

Kfamr
08-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
You have probably used old ones or *lemon* ones. They are rated to be amongst the best cameras available, and everyone I know who has a Sony is proud of it. :p I LOVE our Sony.

Nah, My sister's and neighbor's is brand new.

ParNone
08-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Par - What's macro? I know I should have read the manuel but I like figuring things out myself and I don't really stay hooked to reading.

When you put the camera on the macro setting, it focuses
on the object that's closest to you and blurs anything way in
the background. I have the Canon A40, and to get it to the
macro setting, I change the dial from Auto to P
mode, then hit the button with a Tulip looking flower on
it. I would assume that the A60 would have something
similar, so try that and see if it helps.

Par...

Kfamr
08-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Thanks SO much Par. It worked! I can't wait for tomorrow morning when it's dewy out so I can take pictures of the flowers with dew on them!!

wolf_Q
08-03-2003, 12:47 AM
My camera has a "closeup" mode also (and its a tulip :D).....It takes great closeups but I find it hard to get them at times. I do love how it blurs the background though, very artsy!

Nomilynn
08-03-2003, 12:58 AM
Nate and I got the Canon A70, and we both love it :) I like the fast action mode, because there is no delay when taking a picture, and the close up mode :) I think you will really like that camera.