PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for our next gift swap

jenluckenbach
07-31-2003, 07:53 AM
I know that this one is still going, but I have a suggeston for the next. If I am correct in assumning that in this swap if person A is giving to person B then person B is giving to person A (correct?) then we all individually know who is giving to us.

I'd love to see this instead:
If person A is giving to person B, and person B is giving to person C then person C would be giving to person A. But not just is sets of 3, but all mixed up. Now If person A writes on a post "I have not sent my package yet" (for example) NO ONE would know where it is going.

What do you think?

lovemyshiba
07-31-2003, 07:56 AM
Jen, I'm not sure if that's how it went.

I know that the person I got has already sent her gift and it has been recieved by the other person, so obviously she didn't have me.

I'm not sure how they did it.

HayleyRosie
07-31-2003, 08:07 AM
Jen, the latter is what has happened in most cases. Person A sent to Person B and Person B sent to Person C. Some people were paired up but most people were not. The last gift swap I had to send to Naomi and Lut sent to me. This time I am sending to someone and that person is also sending to me. Both times I had a great time. The person you sent to is not sending to you. So you have a surprise!

I really don't mind which way the next one goes. I love both ways. We still get to shop for someones furkids and our furkids get nice gifts from someone else.

robinh
07-31-2003, 08:08 AM
I know the person who got me didn't get my gift. I had a different name. I think it was a random thing. I like that better and I like the twice a year thing. It was great fun shopping in July - it puts you in the giving spirit mid year.

jenluckenbach
07-31-2003, 08:58 AM
:D So it was ramdom? I (personally) like that. And random does mean that some may be paired. Very good.
(I guess I should have asked before I posted this thread.:o )

slick
07-31-2003, 01:17 PM
I know for a fact that the person who is sending me a gift is not the person I'm sending a gift to....

wolfsoul
07-31-2003, 04:11 PM
Hmmm....the person that sent me a gift is the same person I'm sending a gift to. :confused: I would have rather had it so I didn't know who was sending me a gift though..