PDA

View Full Version : Who is a Dr Phil fan................

carole
07-30-2003, 08:38 PM
I have just been watching the current episodes of Dr Phil, I am not sure how far behind we are to America, but his show today was on obesity, and about an obese man having to buy two airline tickets.

This got me thinking, about what you think about this, do you get annoyed if you have to sit beside an obese person who is taking up some of your space as well.?

I must admit seeing the guy today, I would not have liked to be sitting beside him, I am somewhat claustrophobic, and this would really make me feel hemmed in, I am an average size person, and it would be uncomfortable sitting next to him.

What is the answer, should airline's make bigger seats?

I await your opinions?

BTW, I think I fall more in love with that DR PHIL every day, I really am one of his biggest fan's. HE IS AWESOME.

:) :D ;)

Foam
07-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Yeah, he is. :) The way that he is so passionate about helping people out with their many problems just gets to you! He's awesome! I went and saw him with my parents a while ago, and it was even better in real life! He's SO funny! :)

tatsxxx11
07-31-2003, 06:05 AM
I LOVE Dr. Phil!!:D He's not one of those psychologists/therapists who refuses to voice an opinion, dispense advice; one of those psychs who just sits there and listens while you vent and "find the answer" yourself. He's so compassionate and his sense of humor makes his criticisms go down easy. He's sort of the male version of Oprah; you feel like your talking to a friend in your living room.:)

Pam
07-31-2003, 06:25 AM
Dr. Phil is totally awesome! I love his "down home" style and his answers are often so *common sense* that you have to sometimes say to yourself "now why didn't I think of that?" He tells it like it is but is compassionate at the same time, not an easy combination to achieve.

Regarding the obesity question - I really don't have an answer. I don't know anyone who is really obese. When I see extremely overweight people in public I usually just feel pity for them because I know in a lot of cases it is metabolism, and even if it is just from being "out of control" they need my sympathy too because obviously something is going on behind the scenes to cause their excessive eating.

MammaMangorin
07-31-2003, 09:50 AM
My grandma is a Dr Phil fan... I just http://www.bukefalos.com/ubbt/images/graemlins/crazy.gif http://www.bukefalos.com/ubbt/images/graemlins/roflmao.gif

gini
07-31-2003, 11:32 AM
I have always liked Dr. Phil. I confess, being self-employed allows me to turn on the television in the middle of the day.
(not a good habit).

I used to watch him every Tuesday on Oprah. Do you remember when he started the seminars? I think they were held for five days - and there were half a dozen couples? It was aired each week.

In the beginning of one of those episodes, he sort of "lost" it with one of the men - and he grabbed him.

Big flags went up in my head.........a therapist NEVER, EVER grabs a patient. Now, in this event, I guess you could not technically call the man a "patient". But, it bothered me just the same.

Regardless, his approach is so down to earth and he sure can tell it like it is, which is refreshing.

Do you remember the episode where the wife had LISTS for her husband and a set of rules that would make most men run for the hills?

Fun - Fun

slick
07-31-2003, 12:59 PM
I like Dr. Phil too but I can only watch when I'm on holidays and he comes on the same time as Y & R so I'm torn. Anyway I have always appreciated those people who "come right out and say it". That way you always know where you stand. And I love his accent....yes, as a Canuck, I hear an accent....

micki76
07-31-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by slick
And I love his accent....yes, as a Canuck, I hear an accent....

Accent? No that's just a Texas twang. :D :D :D

slick
07-31-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Accent? No that's just a Texas twang. :D :D :D
And what a beautiful twang it is!!!!! Come to Momma big boy!!!

Dr. Phil:
Good God girl, what are you thinking!! You need to get real!!!