PDA

View Full Version : Odd little thought.

Crikit
07-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Okay so I was at work today and my friend made a comment that prompted me to have a weird little thought, a thought that I will now share with you.

Now everyone knows the rule about wearing white after labour day right? Well has anyone ever realized that techinically almost everyday could be after labour day? Except for Labour day of course. Does that mean you can only wear white on one day of the year? and if so are white socks still acceptable?

and another thing, if it's so taboo to where white after labour day why does the fashion industry continue to produce white clothing...it's some kind of warped conspiracy, one that I think if it is investigated it will be found to be on the same level of that of the monkeys and ogopogo.

This concludes my senseless babble.

Foam
07-30-2003, 06:53 PM
LOL, I've never heard of that rule..;)
But umm..wear whatever you want! :D

binka_nugget
07-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Lol I thought of that also...I say heck with it and just wear my white.

Kfamr
07-30-2003, 07:28 PM
I say the heck with it... wear black. :D

puppygrrl4eva7
07-30-2003, 07:29 PM
I thought the rule also had something to do with memorial day? Maybe I'm wrong though, I never really follow that rule or pay any attention to it I wear what I want to wear ( nothing too skimpy thanks:rolleyes: )

Karen
07-30-2003, 07:34 PM
The "rule" is, one should only wear white SHOES between Memorial Day and Labor Day - the traditional Summer season for fashion. White clothing has always been allowed any time of the year, silly!

Crikit
07-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Karen
The "rule" is, one should only wear white SHOES between Memorial Day and Labor Day - the traditional Summer season for fashion. White clothing has always been allowed any time of the year, silly!

Oh well okay then I guess that makes a lot more sense then what I said. I still think that their's a conspiracy within the fashion industry however. Not that it matters to me however my fashion sense rates about a 4 or 5.

binka_nugget
07-30-2003, 09:16 PM
my shoes are white....well they were. They're black now :p

lovemyshiba
07-31-2003, 08:08 AM
Growing up, my mother always told us white shoes could be worn on Easter with our pretty little dresses and bonnets, and throughout the summer until Labor Day.

I don't really wear white shoes anymore (except for my Adidas shelltoes), so I kinda forgot about that "rule"

However, when I got married last year, I had white shoes, and my wedding was 2 days before Labor day--I cut it pretty close:)

2kitties
07-31-2003, 09:10 AM
I grew up in the south where it gets hot a little sooner, so my mom's rule was Easter instead of Memorial Day for white as well as for anything made of linen. And Labor Day was the start of "fall clothes" for us.
Fashion Houses produce "winter whites" year round. They're heavier fabrics and, often, just a hue off- maybe more ecru.
However, some places differ because of climate. For instance, you see movie stars wearing white year round- but remember it's usually warm and sunny in LA.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
07-31-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I say the heck with it... wear black. :D

:D :D Exactly. lol.

slick
07-31-2003, 01:12 PM
I don't make enough money to have two different wardrobes for the year. My closet is full of Weekender and I wear it all year round. And yes, I love black too, even in the summer!!

zippy-kat
07-31-2003, 01:34 PM
Another one...

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life..."

Then what was yesterday? And the day before that? And the day before that...?

I have NEVER understood and/or liked that quote!! :mad:

HoRsELUvR
07-31-2003, 01:41 PM
my mind tends to trail off too,causing me to babble whenever i have weird little thoughts like that.I just wear whatever all the time.usually jeans and a shirt or something equally casual.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-31-2003, 01:44 PM
I wear what I want when I want. If people don't like it, they are quite welcome to look in another direction.:D