PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays - Lucky Number 13

catland
07-30-2003, 03:07 PM
It's 6:00am in Sydney - I say we need to open the bar for those folks.:)

As for those of us on this side of the International Date Line who need to wait a day - we can start planning what kind of drinks we would like to order. For myself, I know that last week's red slushy thing was tasty so I might consider ordering another one of those.

slick
07-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Well, I'm still in Wednesday but as the song goes

"It's 5 o'clock somewhere....."

Hotter than blazes here today (well, for us West Coast people anyway....)

I could use a red slushy thing now, but will gladly wait until Dick's Place is open tomorrow.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-30-2003, 04:13 PM
I agree the red slushy thingy was great. I'd like another, make it a double please. Oh, the cat boys would like their catnip tea on ice too, please. And some nachoes too (for me, not them). CHEERS!:D

RICHARD
07-30-2003, 04:43 PM
cat, slick and moff.....

i'll open for you all, anyday.....

i usually fill Miss Meow's order first (date line, ya know....)

so tell you what i'll fix a huge vat of the red slushies, (you know they come in green too!!)...

MM you are on the honor system today.......it's free refills...

nachos and red slushies......DONE!

p.s. and thank for the Victoria's Secret stuff hanging from the rafters......

lol

slick
07-30-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
p.s. and thank for the Victoria's Secret stuff hanging from the rafters......lol
That just reminded me of a Halloween costume I wore at work one year. It was a 60's costume (of course....) and I just happened to have my very first bra that I wore when I was 13. It had big red stawberries on it:eek: :eek:
Anywhoo, before I came to work I set it on fire and got a bunch of burn marks on it.

Burn the bra, remember??? Still have it. Can I hang it too since my given name is Victoria??? Guess now it's not a secret.....

Miss Meow
07-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks, Richard. I like early openers!

Would you believe from our house move, only one thing went missing. The small but vital piece of the computer desk that holds it all together didn't arrive, so computer and desk and boxes are all on the floor. Oh well, that's what work PCs are for :)

Can we have a different colour slushy thing this week? How about yellow?

:)

KYS
07-30-2003, 06:45 PM
posted by RICHARD:p.s. and thank for the Victoria's Secret stuff hanging from the rafters......

What Victoria Secret suff????
Many moons ago, I received a Victoria secret catalog via
snail mail. I thought it was rather strange since I never shopped their.
I later found out my husband requested the cataloge in
my name. (I assume, so he could look at the pics)

Oh!!! Back to our Thursday request.
I'll be simple again this week.
Just a tall pink lemonade with ice for me please.

Airedalekisses
07-30-2003, 07:38 PM
I know what Victoria's secret is-It's that no one over 120 pounds can wear the stuff-guess that isn't a secret!
Oh, well-the drinks are on me today-big exciting news!!
Two members of PT have fallen in love-two human members! and how do I know? I'm one of the fallen. and the other one is Knatie-we both belong to Care 2-another animal site and he read that I like Airedales-well the dog of the day was ILoveAbbyGirl-he sent me a link to the photo and the rest they say is history!

Oh, here's a rather rude joke in keeping with the love bit-it seems this man and woman are going to get married in a week and the man is getting, well, frisky so he asks his future wife if she would have sex with him. She says she's saving herself for the wedding night but he can look at "it" so she lifts her skirt. The next day he asks again-No I'm saving myself;but you may touch it! then 3 days before the wedding he asks again and she says she's saving herself for the wedding night but you may kiss "it"
he does and says, Whew, pew, you think it'll last until Saturday!

I'll have something fizzy Richahhhrdddd!

iceyshiver21
07-30-2003, 10:53 PM
hmm....naughty naughty...I think I would have gotton Richard in trouble with the hanging of the ummm...back-suporters last week. ;) ;)

Been a good week, I got lil' Jess my new kitty a few days ago, Got a dog show on saterday, (ya'll better wish me luck ;) lol Im such a snot :D ) and Im near becomming a double pillar quite soon.

!ALL HAIL KATIE! lol sorry, the paint fumes from my new GREEN room are getting to me.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/paed079324d37c34b9f99de5b7a272b2a/fb899d46.jpg
Is that green or green? Ok I'm done sharing my weeks activites.

Got any corn dogs or french fries Richard?? OHH and Could I get a sprite?

mugsy
07-30-2003, 11:05 PM
p.s. and thank for the Victoria's Secret stuff hanging from the rafters......

lol

DANG Richard, you weren't supposed to tell!! lol

Doesn't the slushy stuff come in blue too??

After the crappy week (again) that I've had I think I will imbibe this week with a blue margarita in the rocks with LOTS of salt.

But, when I finish that, may I still have another Boston Cooler?

Airedalekisses
07-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Knock their socks off at the dog show!!Katie!
Corn dogs? oh, sweetie you'll be up all night-well maybe the Sprite will help relieve that bloated feeling-save the stick-I hear if you get enough of them they make great ..corn dog sticks!

Aspen and Misty
07-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Can I please have something with alot of Alchool? Hey it's not illegal for 15 year olds to drink in france :D

Ok, I'll settle for a hot coco

Ash

babolaypo65
07-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Slushy stuff? Man, I go on holiday for a week and I miss a good drink! Can I have that please?

RICHARD
07-30-2003, 11:25 PM
MM,

glad to hear your move went well....
yellow it is!!

KYS,

as long as he doesn't order the brunette on page 38?
:rolleyes: i tried, do you know what the frieght charge is for a 120 lb. woman??

a pink lemonade...

ADK,
you're giving me gray hair!!!

a sloe gin fizz (i'm away from my bar book!)

congrats!

ICE,

are you an artiste now?

good luck, and don't breathe, kiddo!

a corn dog, fries and Sprite!

MUGS,

i know what you are going thru..

a blue hawaii (no thong bathing suits tho, i may know where to find an Elvis) and a BC chaser.

A and M.

now if we were in france, i'd have to invite a guardian to hang with us, you know, being responsible and all..

cocoa for you!!! (man it's hot out here in california....are you sure??)

DONE!!!

iceyshiver21
07-30-2003, 11:26 PM
ADK- lol thanks! I love corn doggers! its kinda hard not to when you live in the original town of Shwans food plant. They used to have sayings on the sticks, and that amuses me therefore I eat them :D Bloating ...HA!! I will prevail and drink SPRITE!!

A&M- It's good to know that I ain't the only one who can't get an Alcohol products. :D

RICHARD
07-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Slushy stuff? Man, I go on holiday for a week and I miss a good drink! Can I have that please?

lol
sneak up on me like that!!!

a green slushie for you!

DONE!

iceyshiver21
07-30-2003, 11:31 PM
ICE,

are you an artiste now?

good luck, and don't breathe, kiddo!

a corn dog, fries and Sprite!

Don't breath?? Should I break a leg as well?

RICHARD
07-30-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
Don't breath?? Should I break a leg as well?

No, do you want to sit around all summer dragging a cast around?

with my luck you'll tell your family I told you to break it.....

i forbid you to become ill or damaged....

enjoy your summer......pretty soon you'll finish school and have to work like us poor grown up souls.....:eek:

Aspen and Misty
07-30-2003, 11:37 PM

A and M.

now if we were in france, i'd have to invite a guardian to hang with us, you know, being responsible and all..

cocoa for you!!! (man it's hot out here in california....are you sure??)

Yea, I like my hot coco, very comforting and soothing.

Ash :D

ps: Thats the best coco I've had in a long time, what kind of coco do you use?

babolaypo65
07-30-2003, 11:42 PM
Green! how exotic.

Richard is it still sweltering in California? it has cooled down here a lot. In fact, its down right pleasant! So pleasant I drank my green slushie outside!

lol
sneak up on me like that!!!

a green slushie for you!

DONE!

emily_the_spoiled
07-31-2003, 08:42 AM
I think that green drinks are a little exotic for me (except on St. Patrick's Day), so I would like to order a red slushie because I missed Thursday last week and I have some catching up to do.

Sorry Richard, I have nothing to "donate" to your rafters. Victoria's other secret is that no one over 25 actually wears those things :D :D :D

catland
07-31-2003, 10:18 AM
In honor of the Victoria's Secret catalog, can I have a fuzzy navel?;)

RICHARD
07-31-2003, 11:22 AM
A and M,
it's a secret family recipe....
nestle's qwik and a milky way bar mixed in.

BABO,

it has been ungodly humid the last few days.....it's only 9 a.m. and it's already starting...i want fall, i want fall....

ETS,
red slushie, it is!

no donation? that's o.k......

CATLAND,

are you ready??
the way I get a fuzzy navel is to pull my undies up so they cover my belly button.....a reverse wedgie???

sorry......you get two!!!

DONE!

catland
07-31-2003, 12:24 PM
the way I get a fuzzy navel is to pull my undies up so they cover my belly button.....a reverse wedgie???

sorry......you get two!!!

thanks. I needed two.:eek:

slick
07-31-2003, 12:44 PM
Well, this day has gotten off to a really crappy start! Got into work to find the internet down and 80 people phoning and coming in my office to say
"Waaaaaaaa.......I can't get into my hotmail......waaaaaaaa......can't get my email.....waaaaaa"
Finally sorted it out and now I'm ready for a drink. Make it a double green slushy thing please.......

Haven't you people every heard of the telephone or the fax machine?????

RICHARD
07-31-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by slick
Well, this day has gotten off to a really crappy start! Got into work to find the internet down and 80 people phoning and coming in my office to say
"Waaaaaaaa.......I can't get into my hotmail......waaaaaaaa......can't get my email.....waaaaaa"
Finally sorted it out and now I'm ready for a drink. Make it a double green slushy thing please.......

Haven't you people every heard of the telephone or the fax machine?????

heaven forbid should their cell phones go wacky.....makes you wonder what they would do in a REAL emergency...my line of thought??? check out the people who RUN TO YOUR OFFICE when the computers go down...........during a real emergency go hang out with the people you don't see during the computer emergency....they are the ones who are plodding on, trying to get things done or are working on something else..
the true survivors!!!

double green slushie.

and two for Catland....

DONE!

Airedalekisses
07-31-2003, 01:12 PM
hey let's all drink slushie things in all different colours and then compare tongues-we could be the new Benneton advert!!

sorry about giving you grey hair, Richard-it looks sooo distinguished on you!!

catland
07-31-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Airedalekisses
Two members of PT have fallen in love-two human members! and how do I know? I'm one of the fallen. and the other one is Knatie-we both belong to Care 2-another animal site and he read that I like Airedales-well the dog of the day was ILoveAbbyGirl-he sent me a link to the photo and the rest they say is history!

Seriously? That's too cool. Congrats:D :D :D

babolaypo65
07-31-2003, 01:16 PM
poor you! make yourself a big slushie.
its been great here. Highs in the upper 80s, but no humidity. now SPAIN on the other hand was miserable. highs in the upper 90s, humidity and NO ac.

BABO,

it has been ungodly humid the last few days.....it's only 9 a.m. and it's already starting...i want fall, i want fall....

slick
07-31-2003, 01:21 PM
Thanks Richard. Any chance of getting that 60 yrs old stripper in here for a dance or two?? Hey the more you drink the better he looks!

Hmmm Richard, how would you look in gold???

Airedalekisses
07-31-2003, 01:32 PM
hey I know instead of putting dollar bills in his g string we run our credit cards-well you know. Come on Richard live a little get out from behind that bar.

And yes it's true about the love story, thanks!!

slick
07-31-2003, 01:34 PM
hey I know instead of putting dollar bills in his g string we run our credit cards-well you know. Come on Richard live a little get out from behind that bar.

LOL LOL LOL:D :D :D I remember that joke......it cracked me up.....

God, I love Thursdays.......

RICHARD
07-31-2003, 01:39 PM

And yes it's true about the love story, thanks!!

and won't you be suprised should the charges be accepted!!! lololololol...

how do i look in gold????

ahem, there are children present!!!
;)

slick
07-31-2003, 02:08 PM
How 'bout wearing a pair of gold bike shorts......or maybe a gold towel......I think I've got some extra loonies, they are gold in colour!!

BTW I think a shiny g string would make a lovely addition to the rafters.

emily_the_spoiled
07-31-2003, 02:26 PM
This has turned into a BAD afternoon, I just found out that I may have to re-do a large part of my dissertation analysis.

Richard please hit me again with a double this time!!!!

iceyshiver21
07-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Wow! you naughty naughty adults better order yourselves some Soap for those mouths. ;) ;) ;)

RICHARD
07-31-2003, 02:39 PM
Wow! you naughty naughty adults better order yourselves some Soap for those mouths. ;) ;) ;)

we may need that soap for a 'brain washing'..lol,
thanks for being our pillar of reason!

ETS,

I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS...

you are more than welcome to sit at the back table and finish...double for your...

DONE!

iceyshiver21
07-31-2003, 02:49 PM
we may need that soap for a 'brain washing'..lol,
thanks for being our pillar of reason!

Pillar of reason.... Now with this post how 'bout double pillar?:D

catland
07-31-2003, 02:54 PM

WOW - CONGRATUATIONS - A DOUBLE DOG-HOUSE PILLAR - I'LL DRINK TO THAT.

RICHARD
07-31-2003, 02:55 PM

HEY CONGRATULATIONS!!!

YOU DOUBLE PILLAR OF REASON!!!

AND THANK YOU FOR DOING IT AT THURSDAY'S...

ROUND FOR THE HOUSE....DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-31-2003, 03:18 PM
PANT! PANT!
It's another icky sticky HOT day here in the jungles of Kansas. Can I have another LARGE red slushy thingy? PLEASE!!!!!!
I may have to consider getting ac one of these days. (Temp 97 Heat index 105 and climbing)
I can hardly wait for August - our hottest month.:eek:

catland
07-31-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
PANT! PANT!
I may have to consider getting ac one of these days. (Temp 97 Heat index 105 and climbing)
:eek:

You could also consider getting a window model for your bedroom. If you can sleep at night it's a lot easier to get through the day.

Bartender - give MMFF an extra large red-slushy thing - I'm buying.

Airedalekisses
07-31-2003, 03:30 PM
it's hot here in old Indy, too-that's it I have become crazed from the heat!! hey I'll use any excuse I can get. Should we maybe gargle with liquid hand soap-ooo then we could blow bubbles and make the lounge look like the Lawrence Welk Show-ana 1 anna 2 everybody polka in honour of the newest double pillar!!

slick
07-31-2003, 03:35 PM
Should we maybe gargle with liquid hand soap-ooo then we could blow bubbles and make the lounge look like the Lawrence Welk Show-ana 1 anna 2 everybody polka in honour of the newest double pillar!!
:D :D :D My Dad, God rest his sole, used to watch LW every Sunday night.....everyone on the show was related to him in some way. "And now everybody dancaaa"
Enough of the slushy stuff. Give me a real drink. One hurricane please.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-31-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by catland
You could also consider getting a window model for your bedroom. If you can sleep at night it's a lot easier to get through the day.

Bartender - give MMFF an extra large red-slushy thing - I'm buying. Thanks for the drink catland! I've thought about a one room ac but this house is so old, I would have to rewire. Can't afford that and the landlandy won't spring for it. My window fans usually do the trick except in this extreme stuff. OOOOH, looks like a thunderstorm may be developing to our north. Maybe rain will move in. YIPEEE!!!:D

RICHARD
07-31-2003, 03:49 PM
AH, that pesky weather....

what's the line????

everyone talks about it, but no one does anything about it?

DRINKS ARE UP.....

DONE!

hey are there any eggs left over from last weeks
talent show? let's see if we can fry a few on the sidewalk!!!

catland
07-31-2003, 03:52 PM
it's hot here in old Indy, too-that's it I have become crazed from the heat!! hey I'll use any excuse I can get. Should we maybe gargle with liquid hand soap-ooo then we could blow bubbles and make the lounge look like the Lawrence Welk Show-ana 1 anna 2 everybody polka in honour of the newest double pillar!!

Uh - do you have a desginated driver to see you home? If not, I might have to tell Richard that you need to be cut off.:p

slick
07-31-2003, 04:28 PM
Just ran across a website with true quotes....for a Thursday laugh....this is just a sampling...

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever,"
--Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest.

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but t cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff,"
--Mariah Carey

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life,"
--Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign.

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body,"
--Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.

"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
--Philadelphia Phillies manager, Danny Ozark

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
--Al Gore, Vice President

"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."
--Dan Quayle

"It's no exaggeration to say that the undecided could go one way or another"
--George Bush, US President

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein,"
--Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
--Bill Clinton, President

"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
--Al Gore, VP

"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas."
--Keppel Enderbery

"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances."
--Department of Social Services, Greenville, South Carolina

"If somebody has a bad heart, they can plug this jack in at night as they go to bed, and it will monitor their heart through the night, and the next morning, if they wake up dead, there'll be a record."
--Mark S. Fowler, FCC Chairman

momoffuzzyfaces
07-31-2003, 06:45 PM
What a let down! We had thunder!!! We had lightening!!! We had 12 drops of rain!!!!!
The rain went to our south west. Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day. Fiddle-dee-dee!!!!!:rolleyes: :D

slick
07-31-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
What a let down! We had thunder!!! We had lightening!!! We had 12 drops of rain!!!!!
The rain went to our south west. Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day. Fiddle-dee-dee!!!!!:rolleyes: :D
And you've always got Tara!!!!

babolaypo65
07-31-2003, 06:54 PM
ooh! been there done that! Emily the spoileds next five rounds are on me!

Originally posted by emily_the_spoiled
This has turned into a BAD afternoon, I just found out that I may have to re-do a large part of my dissertation analysis.

Richard please hit me again with a double this time!!!!

Airedalekisses
07-31-2003, 07:10 PM
I'd give anything for a 20 inch waist-well not the corset-oh, no it's Victoria's secret time again keep that woman(if it is a woman-maybe that's her secret!)away from me! A waist is a terrible thing to mind! -whoa, Richard what did you put in those slushie things?
Oh, I also lost my thesis due to a computer glitch-good luck with the dissertation analysis-I don't know if I can help but if you need any-my degrees are basically all in art, soo.....

Loved the quotes Slick!!! well, I'm gonna go watch Jeopardy-Alex Trebec just gets me all hot and bothered!!:D Night night

KYS
07-31-2003, 07:19 PM
posted by slick: "Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances."
--Department of Social Services, Greenville, South Carolina>>>>>>

I got a kick out of all of these, but the above had
me in stitches. Well miracles do happen!! lol
Talk about a pre-printed generated letter. GEESH!!!