PDA

View Full Version : American or English?

cocker_luva
07-30-2003, 01:15 PM
Which do u prefer? The American Cocker Spaniel or

cocker_luva
07-30-2003, 01:17 PM
the English Cocker Spaniel

MammaMangorin
07-30-2003, 05:29 PM
The english one.. Moms friend had a 15yr old ECS but he is dead now :( Little Kalle

Abker
07-30-2003, 06:13 PM
English!:)

Kfamr
07-30-2003, 08:03 PM
They're both cute but I like the American one better... The English one has a funny looking head. :p

tikeyas_mom
07-31-2003, 02:15 AM
I have had american cockers all my life and english as well, for temprement I dont like either lol. but for looks I like the american cocker better they always look sad :(. :).

07-31-2003, 02:24 AM
English!

cocker_luva
07-31-2003, 07:28 AM
i love them both equally, but i voted for american since i have one. :rolleyes:

Cocker*Lover
07-31-2003, 01:23 PM
American, I've always owned American, and offense to English owners, but I think the American is prettier, with the hair and the shorter muzzle.

cocker_luva
07-31-2003, 02:59 PM
i like the english because it looks really sporty!!! like a camero in dog form. :rolleyes: but i like the american because of the size and temperment. (i haven't had the honor of meeting an english yet.)

*in the future i plan to breed an american and english cocker spaniel. that way when someone asks what kind of dog he/she is, i could say "cocker spaniel." if they say "american or english" then i could say "BOTH" :D :D :D

cloverfdx
08-25-2003, 08:19 AM
*in the future i plan to breed an american and english cocker spaniel. that way when someone asks what kind of dog he/she is, i could say "cocker spaniel." if they say "american or english" then i could say "BOTH"

well congratulations for just getting the moron of the year award:rolleyes:

some people just have no idea

Kater
08-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
They're both cute but I like the American one better... The English one has a funny looking head. :p

My opinion is the exact opposite! I prefer English, but I'm biased since I've met only English. ;)

Tonya
08-25-2003, 09:12 PM
have had american cockers all my life and english as well, for temprement I dont like either lol. but for looks I like the american cocker better they always look sad . .

I've heard that Cockers tend to have bad temprements, is that true? I like the English by far.

Karen
08-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Cocker Spaniels were the most popular breed in America for a while when I was a child, and so were too often inbred, and not carefully bred, which is when their "bad rap" came about. I have known very sweet, placid Cockers, and hyper must-bark-at-anything-that-moves(even if the humans cannot see it) Cockers - but all were good dogs!

cocker_luva
09-01-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
well congratulations for just getting the moron of the year award:rolleyes:

some people just have no idea

well thanks alot! :mad:

i wasn't actually gonna DO it, breeding animals is a very serious thing. !!! :rolleyes: :mad: :p

cocker_luva
09-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I've heard that Cockers tend to have bad temprements, is that true? I like the English by far.

no way, i've met 4 cockers and NONE of them had bad temperments! :rolleyes: :p :)

EssTer
09-12-2003, 03:42 PM
English :)

Twisterdog
10-04-2003, 01:26 PM
I had an English Cocker when I was in junior high and high school. Wonderful, beautiful, even-tempered, great dog. However, I groom and board a couple English cockers that are very aggresive, unpredictable dogs.

I have an Amerian cocker now, she is almost 14 years old. She has been a wonderful dog. Smart, quiet, clean, good-natured. Couldn't ask for a better dog. But I groom and board many American cockers that are truly stupid, and a couple that are mean and nasty.

I personally will not get either one of these breeds again. I don't want to deal with the coat anymore. I'm all about short-haired, "wash and wear" dogs at this point in my life. I also don't want to deal with the ear infections and warts and moles as they age. American cockers don't exactly age gracefully, a lot of the time.